Warhawk Battle Reports: 9e @battlepics

Dracos

My first game in 10 years. Could have been messier but not by much. Anything I did right was thanks to everyone here. Taught me I have much to l learn still and only way to do that is on the table. I hope to do one of these at least once a month. I thought I'd start a thread to share and invite anyone else to use this thread to do the same. On to the chaos . . .

Edited by Dracos

500 pts Warhawks <Raven Guard> and 500 pts RG Successor (Whirlwind and Scions of the Forge)

- My partner (and his Eldar friend) is coming into 40k from Kill Team, so we all flubbed things)

Warhawk Patrol

- Smash Captain

- 5 Aggressors

- 5 Stalker Intercessors

- 5 Bolt Rifle Intercessors

I was going to use autobolt rifles instead of bolt rifles but my partner was using those and wanted to see all three in action on the table - as it turns out should have stuck with my plan.

RG Successor

- Primaris Captain with Ex Tenebris

- 3 Aggressors

- 5 Auto Bolt Rifle Intercessors

- Warsuit w/autocannon

Ulthw Edited by Dracos

• 4 weeks later...

So .... took a 1000 points to the LGS hoping for my second game in 10 years and was told they were starting the Escalation League last week

Yay, paid my 10 buck entry fee grabbed a campaign packet and eventually played my 500 point list against a 1000 Sons opponent. I'll post the details in the Battle Report thread I started couple weeks ago but lets sum up . . . . SftS Aggressors are nasty.

Escalation: Week One

Me

(Smash) Captain Kestrel

5 Aggressors

5 Stalker Intercessors x2

Them

Exalted Sorcerer

Aspiring Sorcerors x2

5 Rubic Marines x2

5 Scarab Terminators

Turn One

Tzeentch Seized, moved everyone up, advanced and promptly Smited Captain Kestrel twice.

Warhawks 10 Stalker Intercessors took aim and First Striked a squad of Rubic Marines.

Turn Two

Tzeentch Deep Striked the Scarab Terminators. Stalker Intercessor Sgt caught them on Auspex (I offered to allow a reposition and they declined knowing they made a mistake). Stalkers killed two Scarab Terminators. Warhawks lost a couple Intercessors. Captain Kestrel took another mortal wound.

Warhawk Aggressors strike from the shadows 21 inches equi-distant between Terminators and Exalted Sorceror. Kestrel advances two inches away from remaining Terminators that the remaining Stalker Intercessors then shoot off the board. Leaving the 5 Aggressors to fire into the Exalted Sorceror. Who promptly tanked all but one wound with their Invulnerable saves.

Turn Three

Tzeentch mortal wound an Aggressor model. 2 Intercessors take four wounds from the double shoot stratagem.

Warhawk Aggressors move toward Linebreaker and this time take out the Exalted Sorceror. Remaining Stalkers take out two Rubics. Kestrel moves up to be in position to offer the Aspiring Champion melee next turn. Wouldnt have done that in a tournament environment but by this point the end was all but determined. 

Turn Four

Tzeentch Aspiring Champion Smites Kestrel dead. Rubics have whittled the Intercessors squads down to 1 and 4 each.

Warhawk shooting wipes out all but the Aspiring Sorceror ... who promptly fails a moral check ending the game.

The pictures are rough and incomplete but I'll post all this in the Battle Report thread tomorrow.

Lesson: Pretty sure I wont be working on the Centurions until late in the League growth. If this is how Aggressors are Centurions must be a mess ... for the other guy. Still not using Smash Captain effectively. Actually with 5 Aggressors he hasn't been needed I might tweak things using the Phobos Captain instead next week.

Bonus Report: I had a young man ask for a game afterward with his Tyranids. All I remember about Nids is how bad they kicked my butt in the Chicago Games Day in 04/05"? 

I learned my lesson couple weeks ago against the Harlies and deployed at the back of my deployment zone to avoid the T1 charge. He had a big anti-tank bug with like 12 S7 shots that took out 2 Aggressors T1. I returned the favor by deleting 20 Genestealers that rushed into my gunline with the 3 Aggressors and killed his Warlord with the Stalker Intercessors. I felt a bit bad about the fact I don't know Nids well enough to offer him advice on what to do different, beside not advancing into a 5 man unit of Aggressors that deployed 30 inches from his 4 armed melee monsters. He must have some better maneuver stratagems or something? Anyway we ended the game after T1. The big bug would have done some damage but we both knew its fate was sealed with Smash Captain deepstriking out of LoS T2 and likely getting the charge off.

Escalation: Week Two

Me: Master Artisans and Lon Range Marksman

Primaris Lieutenant: Ex Tenebris

5 Aggressors

2 Sentry Guns: Twin-linked Heavy Bolters

Them: Iron Hand player trying out Ulthwé

Autarch: Jetbike

Farseer: Jetbike

5 Dire Avengers

5 Dire Avengers

5 Rangers

3 Shining Spears

Turn One

Aggressors in the Shadows positioned Intercessors and Sentry Guns to force Rangers to deep strike in front of my lines. He positioned well with Dire Avengers advancing behind Terrain so I couldn't shot them or the Characters that were in LoS ... except for the Lt. who plinked a couple wounds on the Autarch.

Turn Two

The Rangers came in and knocked some wounds off the Lt. with the Farseer smiting. The Intercessors on my right lost a couple guys from the Dire Avengers. On my left I lost an Intercessor to Shining Spear fire. I had deployed to the very back of my zone and like the Tyranids last week I was blessed with the Shining Spears failing their charge roll, even with a reroll (whew). He had gambled and that left the Autarch and Farseer in the open. . . . which I decided to not bring the Aggressors in T2. It would pretty much have ended the game there and I was hoping the Lt, Stalkers and Sentry Guns I had left could finish off his HQs. Killed the Farseer but couldn't finish off the Autarch. The Intercessors on my right took out a squad of Avengers.

Turn Three

On my right the Avengers moved forward. On the left, The Shining Spears shot and charged but couldn't finish off the Intercessors on my left, two remained. The Autarch charged the Sentry Guns (no Overwatch). Some good luck on my part and bad on his. His Rangers killed my Lt though. At this point I brought the Aggressors in. The Intercessors fell back, the Aggressors shot up the Shining Spears and got the charge off on the Autarch. Intercessprs left 2 Avengers not dead. At this point all he had left were the Avengers and Rangers. I had lost a Sentry Gun, couple Aggressors somehow and Lt but still and Intercessors 2 in one squad 3 in the other and the Aggressors of course. My opponent capitulated.

Lesson: Master Artisans awesome, Long Range Marksmen not sure really. I'm switching to Stealthy at next weeks 750 point level. Stalkers really have all the range I have needed so far. If Artisans wasn't soooooo good with MSU units, I'd just go straight Raven Guard, and still might. I do like not castling for rerolls. Aggressors are starting to feel dirty at this point level. I kept them in because I had/do expect to be matched up against the Guard player using a Leman Russ and Wyvern at some point. Hopefully less dirty at 750. They just slot in perfectly point wise with Intercessors and the HQs I've been trying out.

Bonus Report:

I made the mistake of thinking it takes 2 Troop choices to be a Patrol, so I felt dumb as a rock to start game.

I switched to a Primaris Sanctity Chaplain and a single Sentry Gun: Twin Linked Assault Cannon. He was playing Red Corsairs. Force consisted of a Chaos Lord, Master of Possession, 10 Chaos Marines w/ Autocannon and Plasmagun, a Spawn ... and 2 Obliterators. We talked a little after the game, the threat of the Aggressors in the Shadows spooked him during Deployment. He didn'y take the Stalkers range into account and the Sentry Gun's twin linked Assault Cannon didn't make charging in an exciting prospect either. T1, we traded shoots at range he lost 3 of his Marines I lost an Intercessor. T2 the 2 Oblits dropped with the Lord and Spawn needing extraordinary rolls to make the charge. Oblits killed a couple Intercessors, the Spawn charge failed due to Overwatch and the Aggressors dropped in. Aggressors shot up the Oblits and charged the Lord dead. Victory to the lead farmers. Chappie really make Aggressor fire more over the top.

So far 4 - 0 in the League games, all 4 Major Victories and they had the first prize drawing. I get to choose between 3 pots of Contrast or 3 Turbo Dork bottles. No clue what to pick but cool free stuff. I'll probably just wait and gift it to someone in the League though. Next week 750. Painting 2 squad of Eliminators and hopefully a Phobos Lt. this week

Edited by Dracos

Escalation: Week 3 (750 points)

Game 1

3 Objectives: 1 in each deployment zone and 1 in middle of the table.

Me: Master Artisans and Stealthy

Master Chaplain: Wise Orator

Phobos Lieutenant: Ex Tenebris

5 Aggressors

3 Eliminators x2

Them: Imperium Soup

Roboute Guilliman

2 Victrix Honour Guards

2 Armiger Helverins

Turn One

He played the long range hoping to weaken my units before moving up. I lost an Intercessor on the building from one of the Knights and the Eliminators shrugged off fire from the other Knight. In return my Stalkers and Eliminators put enough wounds on the left Helverin to knock it down to 4 wounds.

med_gallery_7985_16096_177546.jpg

Turn Two

He shifted his wounded Helverin to the left and advanced the other Knight to take the objective in the middle of the table. He split Bobby's "Honor" Guard. One for protection with an advancing Guilliman and one to keep scoring his deployment zone objective. After he was done shooting I had lost another Stalker Intercessor.

Warhawks emerge from the Shadows setting up the Ambush. I dropped in my Intercessors on the right, opposite his Objective guarding Victrix. My pot shots at the Knight were for naught. The backfield wasn't quite as successful this time but still stripped about half the wounds off the Knight in the middle of the board. The Aggressors and Master Chaplain dropped in and finished off the Helverin on the left before he could do anything. Not that it had any effect but the blighter blew up.

med_gallery_7985_16096_361666.jpg

Turn Three

He moved Bobby G up to middle of the board to keep control of the Objective. His shooting improved and the Helverin took out an a couple Aggressors and followed it up with an assault taking out a third Aggressor. He lost another couple wounds due to Overwatch though and the Aggressors return melee put the baby Knight down for the count. That left Roboute in the Kill Box. The rest of the team poured fire into Roboute (killing the Victrix Honor Guard) and stripping a lot of wounds from The Man. Mostly mortals from the Eliminators and the Aggressors still having fair number of shots after inching up into range. The Intercessors climbed the building on the far right and advanced to challenge the Objective back there. Roll wasn't good enough but it did put me close enough for him to assault me next turn oh boy.

med_gallery_7985_16096_94290.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_268403.jpg

Turn Four

I'm still not exactly sure why he didn't charge my lines from the get go. I think Stealthy was allowing me to tank wounds he was use to getting from the Knights and Bobby's shooting (?). Regardless his shooting phase was Bobby not wounding my Aggressors and camping on the Objective. His assault against my Intercessors killed one and my return attack took a wound off the Victrix. The Intercessors were able to take a wound off the Victrix with their pistols, and finished him off in melee. The Eliminators mortal wounds and the double shooting Aggressors with Litanies in effect took Roboute out of action. That ended the fighting but not the game . . . .

med_gallery_7985_16096_21850.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_324300.jpg

. . . . At the end of Turn Three I had been down on points but with him being swept off the board I was able to score all three Objectives the last three turns for a Major Victory.

Lessons: Don't let a gatekeeper type list throw you off your game. I agreed to the game without knowing what my opponent had and I had a 'feel badsie" moment. The knights would have been one thing but with Bobby G and using the old Soup rules for figuring CP raised my ire a bit. I went and got the score sheet for the game and came back a few minutes later with a game plan and better attitude. We also figured out the correct CP about Turn Two but CP aren't what one or lost this game. Not moving out of the Devestator Doctrine until Turn Three and Stalker Bolt Rifles putting the smack down on Helverin won this game. Bobby was done for as soon as the Elimnators were in range. This gives me hope when I eventually take on the Guard player who is using a couple Lemans and an Wyvern. :smile.:

No pictures this week. My first game threw me a bit when I saw what was on the table. Read on, I’ll explain as we go along.

Game One

Me:

++ Space Marines [750pts] ++

Captain Kestrel [143pts]: Jump Pack, Master-Crafted Weapon, Storm shield, The Imperium's Sword, Thunder hammer

Primaris Chaplain [77pts]: Master of Sanctity with Wise Orator, Secularius Rosarius

6 Intercessors [86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, Sgt. Chainsword

5 Intercessors [85pts]: Stalker rifle, Sgt. Chainsword

5 Intercessors [85pts]: Stalker rifle, Sgt.Chainsword

5 Aggressors [185pts]: Auto boltstorm gauntlets

3 Eliminator [72pts]: Bolt sniper rifle

++ Total: [750pts] ++

PS: I forgot my Bolt Rifle unit had a 6th Intercessor. Not the only thing I forgot over the evening games.

Them:

++ Adeptus Custodes [745pts] ++

Shield-Captain [101pts]: Castellan Axe, Superior Creation, Warlord

Custodian Guard Squad [156pts]

3 Custodians: with Sentinel Blades, Storm Shields

Orion Assault Dropship [488pts]

Note: After the game my opponent discovered his list was “illegal” for the the Escalation League rules. It was still a good game and he was very helpful teaching me rules nuances I was unaware of.

Turn One:

Custodes had top of the Turn. His models were deployed in the Orion. The Gunship took out two of my Aggressors and a Stalker Intercessor. It also grabbed an Objective because we thought it was categorized as a Lord of War. Bottom of Turn I scratched the Orion and grabbed two Objectives due to using Master of Ambush after deployment.

Turn Two:

Orion killed two of the Eliminators and another Stalker Intercessor. dropped the Custodes near my remaining Aggressors and Chaplain. I used my 4 CP to fight first and Transhuman Physiology. Between Overwatch and fighting I was able to kill one of the Guard.The Chaplain died to his Captain and I lost one of the two Aggressors. The remaining Aggressor fell back on my turn. I killed a second of the Custodes Guard with the Stalkers shooting. My Captain failed his charge but the remaining Eliminator and Bolt Rifle Interceptors (emerged from the Shadows) and put two wounds on his Shield Captain.

Turn Three:

His Orion killed my last Eliminator and wiped out the last of the Stalkers on my deployment zone marker but my Bolt Rifle Intercessors was controlling his so it was a swap at this point with VP bouncing back and forth and my second group of Stalkers making an advance trying to get claim our deployment zone marker back. His Captain assault and killed my last Aggressor but his Guard failed the charge. In return I think I put another (3rd or 4th) wound on his Captain and advanced the Stalkers again to deny his Orion the objective in my deployment zone. I jumped my Smash Captain over a building in the movement phase ... and for a second he thought I was assaulting the not-Flyer, but instead I jumped back over to avoid Overwatch (should have taken Shadowcloak?) and ended up killing hi last Custodes Guard.

Turn Four:

Was a matter of his Captain killing my Captain. I was out of CP. His Orion shooting up almost all the Stalkers that had grabbed my deployment zone objective and then me moving the Bolt Rifle Intercessors behind a building to force the Orion to move and split its fire Turn Five to avoid losing on Victory Points.

Turn Five:

Which is exactly what happened. Intercessors in the open and under 12” surprisingly lose a lot of durability. He was able to get his Captain back to the middle objective and had two to my one last two turns to keep the lead.

Lessons:

Don’t be afraid to question your opponents list. His list will be legal when we get to 1000 pts next week and have 250 extra so it’s gonna he a tough but to crack, but as this game showed not impossible. He lost may have been WAACy but he was the one who went back and double checked discovering things had changed after the initial Beta list. I respect that kind of honesty and sportsmanship.

Game Two

Me:

++ Space Marines [750pts] ++

Raven Guard Successor: Master Artisans, Stealthy

Captain Kestrel [143pts]: Jump Pack, Master-Crafted Weapon, Storm shield, The Imperium's Sword, Thunder hammer

Primaris Chaplain [77pts]: Master of Sanctity with Wise Orator, Secularius Rosarius

6 Intercessors [86pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, Sgt. Chainsword

5 Intercessors [85pts]: Stalker rifle, Sgt. Chainsword

5 Intercessors [85pts]: Stalker rifle, Sgt.Chainsword

5 Aggressors [185pts]: Auto boltstorm gauntlets

3 Eliminator [72pts]: Bolt sniper rifle

++ Total: [750pts] ++

PS: I forgot my Bolt Rifle unit had a 6th Intercessor ... again, but it got worst. Lol.

Them:

++ Astra Militarum [745pts] ++

Regimental Doctrine: Gunnery Experts and

+ Stratagems +

Operative Requisition Sanctioned [95pts]: Vindicare

Company Commander [30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Tank Commander [200pts]: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamers

Infantry Squad [40pts]

Infantry Squad [40ts]

Infantry Squad [40pts]

Tech-Priest Enginseer [30pts]

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [157pts]: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannons

Wyverns [6 PL, 113pts]

++ Total: [745pts] ++

Turn One:

I won deployment, so they went first but I was able to Master of Ambush my Chaplain and Aggressors inside a building on the middle board left side and deployed the Eliminators behind cover on the middle of the board objective. They do a double move with orders and his infantry is challenging the Eliminators for that objective. His shooting ends up killing a Stalker. Stealthy is good versus Guard. I have the Aggressors advance on the Leman Russes and shoot the half the infantry around the tanks and all of the ones challenging the middle of the table dead .... and find out Relentless for Aggressors doesn’t allow them to advance and charge. Major screw up and cost me my streak of Major Victories.

Turn Two:

Did I mention Stealthy makes Intercessors durable versus Guard? Yeah, it does. He has bad luck with the Vindicare most the game. He did kill two Eliminators but was rolling ones to hit, wound or I make my 3+ invulnerables rest of game. I thought they could bypass Invul saves but didn’t think about it until later. He does manage to kill two Aggressors in shooting. I broke my Captains Thunder Hammer when I dropped him on table so argh. He and the Aggressors and Chaplain all her into contact with the first Leman Russ. I used Chaplain first he soaked a couple hits with his 3+ so all good right?

Not so much. Here’s apparently my next thing I learned.

I swing with the Captain first. Tanks down to 4 wounds thanks to the Stalkers. Love you guys. Master crafted so kills the tank. I consolidate the Captain into the Techpriest my remaining Eliminator wounded. By the way I was so fixated on shooting him off the board I failed to move the Eliminator T2 and T3 costing me 2 VP. I should have taken the -1 to hit considering I was targeting character in the Tactical Doctrine but I digress.

It seems I can’t Consolidate my Chaplain and Aggressor into the next tank because they didn’t actually roll to hit in the fight with the original tank? That sounds hinkey but I haven’t bothered to check it out yet. I assume he’s right. I should have fought with the weaker units first in that situation then I suppose. Lesson learned.

.... then the tank rolled a 6 to blow up. Chaplain, Aggressor, and Captain all take two wounds. Ugh

Turn Three:

Pretty much read Turn Two. I should have shadowed in my Bolt Rifle guys by the Assassin and his last Infantry but was stupidly intimidated by the Wyvern, Vindicare, and 10 Guardsmen shooting would be too much for them. Instead I get into combat with the tank again. This time using the Chappie and Aggressor first. Aggressor does some damage and Smash Captain finished it off yeah .... sort of.

The tank explodes and kills the Captain, Chappie and Aggressor. At this point I realize I have 4 CP I haven’t used all game and could have rerolled any number of failed saves in the game or used a stratagem. I tend to have them almost all used in the build or deployment before now so yeah stuff to learn.

In my turn I’m moving one of my Stalker squads up to keep control of the middle Objective because I lose the last Eliminator to his almost dead Vindicare. Moving the Shadow Intercessors close enough they take out half his Guard in a building that are holding his objective. We talk the rest of the fight out and it’s a win for Raven Guard Successors.

Lessons:

Keep your head in the game. Had bad experiences fighting heavy Leman Russ builds in 3rd and 4th. I didn’t focus on the mission objectives like I should but even with my mistakes I think a major victory would have been hard. I just wasn’t going to be able to kill both tanks and troops fast enough to double up on the victory points with our Escalation League rules this week. I was frustrated by the Consolidate rule ... I think more than it should because of the rule mistake made in the first game. Both guys were very nice guys and I hope I was as positive with them as they were with me.

Consolidation rule

If they charged they still activate and go through the normal sequence if there's nothing near them (already killed) they still get to make their 3" initial consolidation. Can't recall the wording if they get the 2nd.

If they didn't charge and the unit they were within 1" of at the beginning of the phase is wiped before they activate then they don't move.

What other trait did the IG player take and did it have any impact?

It may have been "Spotter Details" but we're on a 4x4 board at 750 pts so minimal effect if any.

Thanks for the heads up on Consolidate. I went looking after reading your post and the FAQ explaining how it works.

I've decided I need to add some oomph to my Escalation list at the 1000 pt level, and strangely that means taking Smash Captain out of the list so I can do a test run on another idea. I'm building to Thunder Hammer Sgts to go with my Bolt Rifle Intercessor squads. The idea is to ultimately team each of them up with an Aggressor squad and spend 4 CP to drop them in T2. People tend to squirm when they see Thunder Hammers and even at 102 points I'd hoping to intice firepower into them and away from the Aggressors. Either way I needed to look for ways to get more aggressive in T4+ so yeah, Thunder Hammer Sgts. 

Aggressors aren't Centurions but they are pretty future proof in comparison so I plan on making them do work until something better Primaris comes along. Pretty sure my 6 NIB Centurions will collect dust until I can trade them. I hope to replace them with some new Primaris assault hotness coming this year.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines)
**Chapter Selection**: Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor, Stealthy

+ HQ +
Captain in Phobos Armour
Primaris Chaplain

+ Troops +
5 Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Stalker Bolt Rifle
(Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword)
5 Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
(Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer)
5 Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
(Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer)

+ Elites +
5 Aggressor Squad: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

+ Fast Attack +
5 Inceptor Squad: Assault bolter x2

+ Heavy Support +
3 Eliminator Squad 
3 Eliminator Squad

++ Total: [56 PL, 999pts] ++

Love them Eliminators ... hope they never go up in price. Good but can be fragile withonly three models.
Edited by Dracos

• 2 weeks later...

Works been exhausting this week but I still plan on posting at least summaries of the first week 1000 pt games with Tzeentch and Gene Stealers. Both games were conceded by T3. I’m hoping to get a game with the closest player in League score. Sisters player, also League organizer so should be toughest game yet.

I’m posting this as motivation to get some modeling done this week. I want to run this list but need to rebase the flight stands on the Inceptors. They just can’t stay in place. I also need to paint a Phobos Librarian. I’ve reworked my tournament list, taking out the Smash Captain. I might revisit that after testing the list but I seem to get more out of my Chaplain and Phobos HQs so ....

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [56 PL, 999pts] ++

**Chapter Selection**: Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor, Stealthy

+ HQ +

Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 101pts]

Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, 77pts]

+ Troops +

5 Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 101pts]: Bolt rifle, Thunder hammer

5 Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 85pts]: Stalker Bolt Rifle, Chainsword

+ Elites +

5 Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 185pts]

+ Fast Attack +

5 Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 205pts]

+ Heavy Support +

3 Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 72pts]

I'm going to try and do some catch up. School's out on an extended Spring Break because of the virus. Should give me time to knockout a project or two I've put off.

Here's the 1000 pt games from past couple weeks. Less pictures usually mean the game was more intense so I'll try to give a better description of what was going on in that game.

1000 pts: Week 1

Game 1

sml_gallery_7985_16096_371339.jpg sml_gallery_7985_16096_550308.jpg

This was another Tzeentch army, I've talked about. Pretty common army list for 1000 pts from what I've seen online. The Enlightened Tzaangors and a Shaman have already been shot off the board by the MoA Inceptors and Master of Sanctity. There were only three objectives so the middle of the field was a trap as far as I was concerned ... for the Tzeentch. I put 6 Eliminators at back of the board (4x4) and he took the dare pushing his Demon Prince up with another character close behind. Not sure why he didn't bring the Rubrics with him? Meanwhile I had Aggressors and a Thunder Intercessor squad in the Shadows with the plan of taking his Objective ... or ... be enough of a threat to keep the Rubrics away from the center.

sml_gallery_7985_16096_523596.jpg sml_gallery_7985_16096_31099.jpg

Honestly winning the roll off decided the game with everything I could bring to bear T1 against the Shaman and the Enlightened. T2 I drew back the Inceptors to use them and Aggressors to start mowing down the Demon Prince cutting the Tzaangor of hoof down a peg. The middle board objective was practically free except the Tzeentch Master of Possesion (?) ... because my Thunder Hammer Intercessor squad rolled an 11 for the charge and spanked the Cultist in the building holding the objective.

sml_gallery_7985_16096_101063.jpg sml_gallery_7985_16096_597458.jpg

I hope you can see, I was taking some damage, mostly from Smite and a bit of shooting but nothing was concentrated enough to threaten my units, The Inceptors took the most damage before my opponent conceded T3. The unit in the building ended up in hand to hand with the Rubric Marines, but the Thunder Hammer was doing good work (yay Master Artisans). Being able to redeploy and use the Shadows has been not only big in having battlefield control but being able to create a concentration of force our opponents can't match at these point levels.

1000 points: Week 1

Game 2

sml_gallery_7985_16096_775251.jpg sml_gallery_7985_16096_15454.jpg

I learned the importance of keeping height in mind for auras and objectives in this game. This was also the game I decided to build my Librarian. I am a bit fed up with taking Smites without a so much as a How do you do :smile.: Other than that, I deployed to deny him any shenanigans in my backfield - and he still got that 3 inch deep striking three armed assassin in to finish off my Phobos Captain, lol.

Other than that deployment tells the story, He was rying somethign new for him using bigger units hoping they had greater durability. The answer was ... not really. I carefully measured to make sure there were no first turn charges possible. I actually got first turn again so he deployed hiding much as possible but by T3 ends he conceded with all his characters and most his troops shot dead. I look forward to seeing him again on a 6 x4 table with more points. I was uber worried about deployment and I think he will do better on a bigger table.

Lessons: Objectives are measured from the center of the Objective unless its an ITC tournament, auras are up and down - which makes me wonder about aircraft? I love Inceptors ... and hate their flight stands. Thunder Hammers on a Sgt are definitely worth it for a unit designed to be used mid-board or in the opponents deployment zone.

I'll post the other two games tomorrow, when I'm not replacing kitchen faucet (honeydew list for my time off work :wink:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post the results of Week 6 from the Escalation League as a way to keep some movement here and maybe inspire some conversation about units and tactics. I've been painting up my Frankenstein Phobos units and I'll post those pics in my other thread in a few days.

Game One: Wk 6 1000 pts

Mission: Capture and Control 4 x4 board

Me:

+Raven Guard Successor: Master Artisans and Long Range Marksman+

+ HQ +
Librarian in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 101pts]
Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, 77pts]

+ Troops +

+ Elites +
5 Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 185pts]

+ Fast Attack +
5 Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 205pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Him:

He was using a Firstborn list of Red Scorpions. He chose Ultramarine Successor with Bolter Fusillade and Master Artisans.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Ultramarines) [53 PL, 985pts] ++
+ Bolter Fusillade and Master Artisans+
**Red Scorpions**
+ HQ +
Captain [5 PL, 77pts]: unknown
Captain [5 PL, 77pts]: unknown
MoS Chaplain [4 PL, 72pts]: unknown
+ Troops +
10 man Tactical Squad [7 PL, 131pts]
. Plasma gun
10 Tactical Squad [7 PL, 131pts]
. Plasma gun
10 Tactical Squad [7 PL, 151pts]:
. Missile launcher
. Plasma gun
+ Elites +
3 man Centurion Assault Squad [8 PL, 156pts]
. Hurricane bolters and Flamers
+ Heavy Support +
5 man Devastator Squad [6 PL, 125pts]
. 2 Grav-cannon and grav-amp
. 2 Heavy bolter
+ Dedicated Transport +
Drop Pod [4 PL, 65pts]: Storm bolter
++ Total: [53 PL, 985pts] ++

I'm not sure what wargear his HQs had. It didn't effect the game. Mine's pretty much the same units and build as Week 5 I'm trying to be consistent in unit choice and not tailor to opposition unless its something you could do in a tournament. Not a ton of options in a Primaris army. I can't wait til we can be social creatures again and try out the Incursors.

I have been experimenting trying to nail down Long Range Marksmen or Stealth. So far I think I get more use out of the former. If Stealth was the -1 to be hit it would be the Go To, which is why I'm surprised Master Artisan hasn't been nerfed.

Turn One

med_gallery_7985_16096_315932.jpg med_gallery_7985_16096_70150.jpg

The dice were not in my favor starting this game. We placed the 4 Objective Markers according to the mission. On a 4x4 it amounted to one in each quarter of the board. I placed the green ones he placed the orange. Dawn of War deployment map. He chose the side I laid down (hills count as cover in the store). I held my Thunder Hammer Intercessor and Inceptors in reserve. Master of Ambushed Chappie and the Aggressors with thoughts of taking the hill across the board with help of the Inceptors. I was prepared to sacrifice the Thunder Squads to run interference after shooting the Centurions and Tactical squads. I was not prepared mentally for the Drop Pod coming down T1 and unleashing that fire power on my Aggressors. Which is silly what else was a juicier target for him? You may note there is a missing Centurion. The Eliminators and Stalkers killed one and wounded another at top of the Turn during my shooting.

Score: 2 - 2 no one killed a squad and we held same amount of objectives.

Note: in this game if held an objective consecutive turns id was worth 3 VP

Turn Two:

med_gallery_7985_16096_353608.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_150813.jpg

He left a spot open in the corners, so I deep stuck the Inceptors to clear the hill, and brought one of the Thunder squads down to challenge his tactical squad and I think Cpt. The Eliminators and Stalkers finished off the Centurions with the Librarian using Smite. The Aggressors jumped down and shot into the Devestator squad ripping them a new one when I rolled a "9" to get into melee.The Inceptors weren't so lucky and got caught out int he open with the center Tactical squad gunning a one down. The Thunder squad and his Tactical squad plinked shots off each other to no real effect. The scales were already tipped at this point though. He was up on points and I was down to two Aggressors but after losing the Devestators and Centurions the writing was on the wall.

Score: 5 - 8 (my Librarian had moved and I couldn't claim a consecutive turn on that objective)

Turn Three:

med_gallery_7985_16096_483343.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_199296.jpg

I couldn't tell you how but I lost an Eliminator on one of the buildings and he took out another Inceptors from his Tactical squads. I have faint memories of plasma doing really well that turn for him. I was able to clear the hill with the Inceptors and the Eliminators, Aggressors and Intercessors pretty much wiped out the center Tactical squad also. The second Thunder squad came down to make sure I was claiming the objective on Turns 4+. The real action T3 was when the first Thunder squad assault the Tactical squad on top of the building. I'm pretty sure I rolled another "9" to assault after moving forward. By the time his shooting, Overwatch and attacks back were over he ah whittled them down to the Sgt and a buddy, but his squad was less than half and he hadn't Intervened with his Captain knowing I was going to Thunder Hammer him to death. I had also stretches out my Stalkers to the max and was using them to hold two Objectives now. At the end of the turn I had three Objectives to his one.

Score: 10 - 11

Neither one of us had Slain the Warlord (I should have been shooting that Chaplain but wanted to negate his Objective campers and Big Threats first. I would have killed him on following turn I'm sure. He conceded at this point and we talked out the points. He thought he wouldn't earn anymore points after another round of melee with the Thunder Hammer facing his character who was only sporting a bolt rifle. I thought he'd get at least one more round of scoring having more models but He wasn't going to grab any of the other Objectives and even if we went narrative and had a Chaplain throwdown, his was a Firstborn on one wound and mine was a Primaris (shrug). I also earned Linebreaker. so points would have flipped big by end of T5.

Lessons: I let the 3 Centurions scare me (not without some merit) and was lucky I didn't lose all my Aggressors to the Devestators. I should have used Master of Ambush on the Inceptors and put the Aggressors in the Shadows. Plasma hurt ... just saying. I really like the Thunder Hammer Intercessor as a bully unit. I was told the Sgt lost his Bolt Rifle if he took it but I looked it up I'm sure they were wrong, so I'm still looking to model it somehow.

Bonus Report

I won't go to deep into this because I didn't take many pictures and its been a couple weeks. First the pictures though.

med_gallery_7985_16096_20216.jpg

med_gallery_7985_16096_104781.jpg

This game was against one of the stores top players. He's starting an Eldar army. His regular army recently has been Iron Hands, I think he went 3-2 (?) at IndyStorm. In the top picture you can see our deployment. I experimented with the Eliminators trying to challenge one of the Objectives in his zone. I would normally use Incursors for this now that they are almost painted up. It would have ended just as bad and quickly for the Incursors. I need to learn to not deploy anything I dont have to close to Eldar with Shining Spears. Which is why using Master of Ambush with the Inceptors only compounded the mistake. Top of Turn One he redeployed / double moved (whatever its was) and between his psykers and bikes smoked the Eliminators and put a hurt on the Inceptors.

The Hero of Turn One was my Chaplain though. He had Master of Ambushed with the Inceptors and watched all but one (?) die. At the bottom of the Turn One I charged him into the Shining Spears. They had lost one to the Inceptors. He killed 3 leaving 2. He thought that was enough to finish off the Chaplain, so his Autarch went to assault my Stalkers. T2 I brought down the house. 5 Aggressors and my two Thunder squads target his Warlocks, Wave Serpent, and Autarch. The Chaplain had tanked the Shining Spear attacks and finished them off in the combat phase.

MoS Chaplain: 5

Shining Spears: 0 (if you don't count all the dead Inceptors of course lol)

The Flyer just shot things all day whittling down units, killing my Librarian (I suck at using this guy so far) and second Eliminator squad. The Stalkers actually held their own out ranging the Rangers with Long Range Marksmen. They actually popped a few wounds off the Wave Serpent in Turn 1 and 2. The Chaplain actually goes on to kill the last Warlock/Seer? in hand to hand. The second picture was taken as T3 was starting. It was getting late and he conceded the game.

I asked if he was sure because it looked close to me but he was certain the Stalkers were going to shoot at least one Ranger squad off an Objective, the Thunder Hammer was going to take out the Wave Serpent, and the Aggressors were going to crash the Flyer (Crimson something?). I think he was a bit heavy on the gloom and doom but he had lost all his HQ support and was close to losing his Troops. If he had played a denial game it would have ended differently I think but he is an aggressive player and I think plays well with that style at higher point games.

Lesson: I think I've reached the Apex of points that I'm going to be steam rolling opponents with using this list at this point level, I expects games to get much closer as the points rise another 250 each two weeks after we start up again. There's a good reason 2k is considered tournament standard.

Rock on! Just working on backlog here. The have instituted a shelter in place order here, really annoying. I have to show a pass, that says I am essential at my place of business, to a police officer if I get pulled for being out on the road. :cuss-ing bull :cuss! Glad to see that there are still people getting in games.

Got a Primaris Chaplain, but the Raven Guard upgrade kit is just not enough for me. Thinking of getting the Citadel Skulls box, and either replacing the skull on the Crozius with a bird skull, or doing some knife and clipper work to give the helmet the bird skull beak/face.

So I like the Chaplain for warlord. Are thunder hammers that good on squad sergeants? I mean, yes they get 3 attacks, but each at 4+, and aren't they overkill most of the time? Not a critique, genuinely curious. Why thunder hammer over a power sword?

I have been wrestling with troop choices myself lately. Stalker or Auto Bolt Intercessors, or Incursors, or even Infiltrators? I lean towards 1 squad of Stalker Intercessors and 2 squads of Incursors. Not a lot of playtesting, but the theory is that of board control with an element of long range fire support. I am used to playing heavily with scouts in previous editions, even when other players considered scouts a subpar unit.

How do you like the Inceptors? The bolter Inceptors are real rock stars during Tactical Doctrine. Even though they put out less shots than an equal number of Aggressors, the -2AP is great. Did I read that right that you used them with Master of Ambush? Way to think outside the box! I would just drop them in, but then again, I am familiar with how airborne operations work, and it is a comfort zone in my playstyle.

How about Suppressors? Less shots, heavy weapons, and not T5. Still, I want to make them work. I got the Start Collecting box, and I hate to have units gathering dust on my shelves (like my firstborn).

Hey JC, good to hear from you. Addressing some of your post before shutting down.

First, we're all shut down here in Indy for the most part also. These games went down two Fridays ago. I've been modelling my two Frankenstein Phobos squads the past week. I'm getting paid but I miss work, miss my friends and miss my games ... and two teenage boys are bout to lose internet if they can't keep it together when playing online. 

I've been using the Chaplain as a Warlord often past couple months but probably going to switch to one of the Phobos Captains in bigger games. His buffs are just to much for an opponent in the know to ignore. I like your modelling ideas. I tend to go more generic being DIY., and I just prefer a more spartan look.

Thunder Hammer gives me a vehicle smashing option I don't otherwise have much of in the way my army is constructed. No heavy weapons, not even on the Warsuits. If I'm not hitting it with a heavy melee weapon of plinking it to death with Stalkers and Aggressors then I don't have an answer for it. Maybe someday something Primaris that is truly anti-tank will come around but I'm not holding my breath for that or a dedicated Primaris melee unit either. 

My basic Troop set up is Stalkers (with Eliminators) backfield, Incursors (with Aggressors midfield) and Inceptors (and Bolt Rifle/Thunder Hammer) as a Linebreaker or support where Bad Happened. If I had built them that way, I'd likely had made the Bolt Rifles into Auto-Bolt Rifles, but I like the range, the AP, and the Incursors Carbines are enough weak toast in the list.

Actually one of the reasons I go with Incursors is it saves me 2CP I would use to Infiltrate Intercessors with. It's imperfect but the Warsuits should take enough heat that they are less threatened and keep the Incursors and Phobos Captains alive when the Aggressors and friends show up. Each Incursor unit being provided dedicated fire support from a team of Eliminators and Stalkers doesn't hurt either. That's 32 wounds (in cover usually) protecting my backfield. :)

Yeah I love the Inceptors. I consider them an assassin unit and have teamed them up with the Chaplain alot recently. They are too expensive for Raven Guard imo, but makes up for Aggressors being too efficient with RG compared to other Chapters. I just wish I had a generic Primaris Captain in a jump pack. Its why I use the MoS Chaplain with them to boost to hit and to wound rolls. They become dangerous to ... anything as long as that combo is going off. Saves other units from taking fire. I have to be careful not to use Master of Ambush just because I have it though. Sometimes it's just best to sit back (making sure you take good measurements to stay outside first turn assault ranges - crummy GSC and Harlequins ;))

I haven't tried Suppressors. I'm not usually a fan of three man squads. Eliminators being so good I can look the other way lol. Decent move albeit with a heavy weapon. Decent damage but nothing that cant be found other places. Less than decent durability. They don't do anything for me that stands out other than be cheaper than Inceptors, and this a case I truly feel you get what you pay for. That's looking at them in isolation though. I'm sure I could find a gameplan they work well in when in context to rest of the army build .... but I'm okay with using Inceptors as bait, so what do I know :D

Building to the Future ... ?

Task Force Alpha
++ Deployment (Faction) (Imperium - Space Marines) [1,036pts] ++
++Long-range Marksmen, Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor++

+ HQ +
Captain in Phobos Armour [99pts]: Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine
Captain in Phobos Armour [99pts]: Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

+ Troops +
5 Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]
5 Incursor Squad [5 PL, 95pts]

+ Elites +
1 Invictor Tactical Warsuit [131pts]: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter
. Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber
1 Invictor Tactical Warsuit [131pts]: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter
. Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber

+ Heavy Support +
3 Eliminator Squad [72pts]: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak

Task Force Bravo
++ Reserve (Faction) (Imperium - Space Marines) [964pts] ++
++Long-range Marksmen, Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor++

+ HQ +
Captain in Gravis Armor [6 PL, 108pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, Warlord
Primaris Chaplain [4 PL, 77pts]: Master of Sanctity [Wise Orator] -2 CP

+ Troops +
5 Intercessor Squad [102pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, Thunder hammer
5 Intercessor Squad [102pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, Thunder hammer

+ Elites +
5 Aggressor Squad [185pts]: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher
5 Aggressor Squad [185pts]: Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

+ Fast Attack +
5 Inceptor Squad [205pts]: Assault bolter x2

I won't be able to purchase the Warsuits for a month or two depending our current crisis ... and just maybe GW will be releasing a Primaris Landspeeder or Primaris Bikes by then ... I'd definitely want to see how the points fell at that point. Until then though this is my plan for the Warhawks and 2021 Adepticon ;D

PS: Tossing the Grav-Captain and a Phobos Librarian back and forth. I have crap confidence getting good use out of Librarians. I'm not a fan of the Captain either but the points worked, although a Phobos Lt. is painted and ready to step in if I decide how to use the saved points

Edited by Dracos

I like the Phobos Lt. too. Thing is part of my overall game plan depends on using two Phobos Captains to deny deep strike against certain arnies. It's not as efficient as the Lt. but I'll be putting Ex Tenebris or (less often) Oppressor's End on one of them. Add to that as much as I like them, the mines are going to average 4 wounds (mortal) whereas the Gravis-Captain (with Burning Blade?) is going to be hitting and wounding T6 or less on 2s rerolling with Master Artisan. As you can guess most my CP is spent before a game begins lol.

Curse you GW, where's my Primaris Captain with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield :)

• 2 weeks later...

He's next to my Primaris Techmarine with Conversion Beamer.

Honestly, will they even do Storm Shields for Primaris? I'd like to see boarding shields and either a heavier hand flamer or a shotgun. I wish Reivers had an option for a shotgun. It would make more sense than the carbine.

Back on topic, where do you tend/plan to spend your CP in game?

Well seeing as its going to be a few weeks (aargh) before gaming at the flgs can start again I guess now is good time as any to get some theoretical feedback :smile.:

13CP to start the game

Always

-1CP Token of Brotherhood

-1CP Ex Tenebris or Oppressors End (usually the former)

-2CP Master on Sanctity and Wise Orator

Then

-4 to 6CP Strike from the Shadows

Strike from the Shadows

- Grav Captain (Warlord) Burning Blade and Sword of the Imperium)

- accompanied by a unit of 5 Aggressors

- Chaplain (Master of Sanctity)

- accompanied by a unit of 5 Aggressors

Depending on opponent and terrain 2 more units Striking from the Shadows

- 2 units of 5 Bolt Rifle Intercessors; Sgt with Thunder Hammer

Potentially

-1CP Master of Ambush.

In smaller games I've been using the Chaplain with either the Aggressors or Bolter Inceptors to "alpha" (little "a") a unit I feel is vulnerable and absolutely needs to die Turn 1. Needs to die so bad, I'm willing to sacrifice the Inceptors to make it happen. So, that ends up with a +/- 1CP spent before the game begins. 

Leaving me with anywhere from 2 to 9CP to start the game. The 2CP is squirrelled away for Auspex for anyone thinking of counter striking the Inceptors or Aggressors. I think I've used it to Strike First but that might have been with 3 CP in reserve against Custodes?

Summary:

As you can see I'm "all in" on Strike from the Shadows. I'm exchanging spending CP resources on maneuverability instead of Point resources. I feel this does two things for me.

First . . . it gives me more units to play with. 7 units (6 if I don't deep strike the Inceptors) and 964 points that can arrive on T2 or T3 as the situation requires. Generally they will be supporting the midfield units or making a push into the opponents backfield. They may not be Centurions but this kind of firepower with a 21" (long) range (marksmen) and a couple of Thunder Hammers designated as back up or tank/monster killers is going to ... worrisome. It's worked up to the 1000 point games I was playing before Covid and I suspect it will be the same now that I can further take control of the midfield early with Phobos units. 

Second . . . it saves my deadliest units from being whittled down or targeted for a Turn One "alpha" strike, and most importantly delivers said deadliest units where I want them, when I want them. That said, I need to be looking into Turns 2 and 3 as hard as I'm looking at the terrain before deployment begins. If I see the opponent is covering their backfield (like I have been doing with Stalker Intercessors and Eliminators) then I adjust my deployment trying to set up the best approaches or kill zones behind my initially dropped infiltrating Phobos units.

Lastly . . . Wildcard will be seeing how to get the best use of the Warsuits. It's part of the price I pay for being dedicated to a Primaris army. I could take more Aggressors but I think the Warsuits will do things for this list more Aggressors couldn't without more CP cost. I hope we have a chance to start Escalation League again in the next month, but regardless I want to get in some ITC test games before the Summer is over with. That will give me opportunity to test out the new Primaris units (hope pray) and see if I need to adjust the list for AdeptiCon21. I hope to get in some local tournaments as test beds before then and will keep working at improving my ability to "pilot" this list or at least it's reiteration as I improve on the table and at finding ways to make my play style work.

PS: Reivers - I don't know about shotgun but a choice between an Autobolt Rifle or a -1 AP Combat Blade might make them more choice worthy. They are cheap but if we wanted cheap we'd go Scouts.

Edited by Dracos

My only concern is for the Chaplain in the Shadows. Doing so meand you can't benefit from the Litanies until Turn 3 at the earliest. That seems quite late for such a good buffing character, especially since you are incesting CPs into him to boost his buffing capabilities. Infiltrate or MoA seems more appropriate for him, or Shadowmaster Warlord Trait if you don't go MoA - that way you can buff some of your units in the back field, disappear at the end of the Move phase and come back qith the Reserves. You won't get the Litanies on the turn he drops but at least you will have used his abilities in the first turn. You could do the same trick with a librarian with Shadowstep but it's not as reliable and can be countered.

Anyway, I love the list, I'm building something quite similar myself after seeing your list and posts. Let's hope we can resume playing this game soon.

Cheers!

You're not wrong about the Chaplain, and I have used him most often with MoA, but doing so means he has been my Warlord also. All my games so far have been 1k or lower. I'm just building the Grav Captain conversion now and plan on testing the list as the Escalation League boots up again.

I'm working on alternate HQ concepts and how they buff different units. The army will stay the same formation regardless of HQs. Unless there's a new Primaris unit released. Say like Bikers :smile.:

Alternative One or Beta Command:

Grav Captain

Phobos Librarian

Phobos Captain

Phobos Lt. (combat knife version)

I lose the Deep Strike resistance but gain a psyker   :shrug: Please share your thoughts on why you're building the way you are and what differences you might be focused. :smile.:

Edited by Dracos

Sure, let's see. First, I liked your approach for this army to be honnest : I've always been attracted to special ops style armies. Your two groups approach, Infiltrating ground force and Reserves QRF are exactly what I like to play.

I have played several competitive lists before the lockdown (mainly Lias Sniper Bomb with Aggressors and/or Centurions) and though it is very effective, I know from personnal experience that it's quite boring to be on the other end of a super competitive list. Getting stomped hard every time you play is not that fun, so I don't want to do that to my friends unless they ask for it! So what I'm looking for is a themed force that is also efficient, but not so deadly that I will squash my opponents every game.

Here are the three guidelines I have followed : 

- Raven Guard Successors (Raptors since this what I've played for three editions now)

- Lots of Reserves and Deployment shenanigans

- Primaris (almost 100%) with a strong Vanguard flavor

My list is a Brigade to maximise my CP count:

+ HQ +

Captain in Phobos Armour: Camo cloak, Korvidari Bolts, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter

Lieutenants in Phobos Armor
. . Lieutenant in Phobos Armour: Ex Tenebris

Primaris Chaplain: 2. Catechism of Fire, 6. Canticle of Hate, Litany of Hate, Master of Ambush, Stratagem: Master of Sanctity, Stratagem: Master of the Trifold Path, Warlord, Wise Orator

Primaris Lieutenants
. . Primaris Lieutenant:, Master-crafted stalker bolt rifle

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad: Haywire Mine, Incursor Sergeant

Incursor Squad: Haywire Mine, Incursor Sergeant

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Stalker Bolt Rifle

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. . Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer

Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. . Intercessor Sergeant: Thunder hammer

Scout Squad, 5 x snipers

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad: 4x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. . Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Invictor Tactical Warsuit: Fragstorm Grenade Launcher, Heavy bolter, Incendium cannon, 2x Ironhail Heavy Stubber

Primaris Apothecary

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad: Assault bolter x2, 4x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

Suppressor Squad

Suppressor Squad

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad

Eliminator Squad

Eliminator Squad

Wow you weren’t kidding when you said we have similar concepts approaching play style. Other than a slight difference in CP, characters and I’m using a second set of Aggressors versus your Suppressors it looks darn near a mirror match. I’d love to play against it.

I’m not big on Apothecaries given it’s not a given how they work. It’s same reason a usually avoid Librarians even though I love them. They do things you can get anywhere in the list. Shame all the good stuff is 50/50 in a game that really only has important 4 turns most the time.

I love my Aggressors even though they cost CP and. Have limited threat range after arriving. The Suppressors at least have range to be useful all over the board and more varied deployment options. Yeah I’d love seeing a mirror match like this at AdeptiCon21 :)

Edited by Dracos

• 3 months later...

Preparring for my first 9e game scheduled for Wednesday. Incursion 1k game against Death Guard. Going to see how my 8e game plan adapts to 9e. 

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [51 PL, 5CP, 1,000pts] ++

**Chapter Selection**: Raven Guard
Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points) 
Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [6 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: Master of Ambush, The Imperium's Sword, The Raven Skull of Korvaad, Warlord

+ Troops +
5 Bolt Rifle Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Sergeant: Power fist
5 Bolt Rifle Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Sergeant: Power fist

+ Elites +
5 Boltstorm Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 225pts]

+ Fast Attack +
5 Assault Bolter Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 200pts]
Twin Assault Cannon Sentry Gun [3 PL, 60pts]

+ Heavy Support +
3 Sniper Rifle Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 90pts]
3 Sniper Rifle Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 90pts]

++ Total: [51 PL, 5CP, 1,000pts] ++ 

I haven't faced Nurgle since 4e? This will be a bit of a test. 

PS: 9e has really taken a toll on Primaris RG imo. Not as bad as I expected so far in points though. The same thousand points few months ago had an extra Intercessor squad. In a 2k game that's 10% of the army. 
Edited by Dracos