Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fangs of the Father - Gederas' Night Lords - Heldrake!

Night Lords Kitbash Conversion Fluff & Stories

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

"Because the Wolves kill cleanly, and we do not. They also kill quickly, and we have never done that, either. They fight, they win, and they stalk back to their ships with their tails held high. If they were ever ordered to destroy another Legion, they would do it by hurling warrior against warrior, seeking to grind their enemies down with the admirable delusions of the 'noble savage'. If we were ever ordered to assault another Legion, we would virus bomb their recruitment worlds; slaughter their serfs and slaves; poison their gene-seed repositories and spend the next dozen decades watching them die slow, humiliating deaths. Night after night, raid after raid, we'd overwhelm stragglers from their fleets and bleach their skulls to hang from our armour, until none remained. But that isn't the quick execution the Emperor needs, is it? The Wolves go for the throat. We go for the eyes. Then the tongue. Then the hands. Then the feet. Then we skin the crippled remains, and offer it up as an example to any still bearing witness. The Wolves were warriors before they became soldiers. We were murderers first, last, and always!"

—Jago Sevatarion, speaking about his VIIIth Legion

9ae9BUV.jpg

ZmRx6wE.jpg

UsY6Rpr.jpg

Z33UOkg.jpg
LPNZ9N6.jpg

CetD3qO.jpg

iG7WUiU.jpg

mLEH1Cg.jpg

iBR4Nwf.jpg

OTHdIay.jpg

UXiwp3B.jpg

WCraOIH.jpg

Konrad Curze himself:

ZYPv5D3.jpg

YM4JE4n.jpg

4Z83Kc3.jpg

zugNdV7.jpg

DQX9Jj6.jpg

ecCZA2X.jpg

V9VLcZx.jpg

zrMhZ1W.jpg

Well, it's high time I started a log for my Night Lords, seeing as how I no longer have my Emperor's Children, so I've got a hole to fill.

So, this is where I'll be recording the progress of my little band of murderers, as they grow larger.

Also for those wondering the colour scheme (and for me so I don't continually forget what the colours for the lightning is laugh.png), here's a breakdown:

Spoiler

Fluff pieces I've done up involving Night Lords (may or may not involve my Warband):

Edited by Gederas, 25 March 2020 - 02:47 AM.

• Brother Chaplain Kage, Zeke, helterskelter and 5 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

And the current WIPs:

10 Berzerkers:
bKNWZOY.jpg

Third Claw:
dRxOLeD.jpg

• Zeke, Celtic_cauldron, Aeternus and 1 other like this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,062 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Looking good! The eyes on those Plague Marines are something else! Also, brrrrrrrr, the thought of Night Lord Plague Marines is a bit scary...

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Messy workstation is messy.... :lol:
IJMwtS0.jpg

Working on the eight Marines to make the two six-mans in the first post into two 10-man squads rocking 2 Reaper Chaincannons each (my goal is to make it so there's three like that for Maximum Dakka. Just need one more box of Havocs).

Looking good! The eyes on those Plague Marines are something else! Also, brrrrrrrr, the thought of Night Lord Plague Marines is a bit scary...

Thanks! And yes, Night Lords Plague Marines are probably the most terrifying thing possible. I had an idea for a bit of fluff for them, I'll post it when it's done.

But to give an idea: The Plague Marines for my Night Lords are the remainder of their company's Breacher Squads.

• Zeke, Celtic_cauldron and Aeternus like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Finished the four Marines (including the second Reaper Chaincannon) to make my six-man squad into a 10-man:
WWOIwM3.jpg

RPzbOEK.jpg

0QtI7ia.jpg

Now to finish the other four to make the other six-man into a ten, which will then leave one squad left to finish painting :lol:

• RolandTHTG, Zeke, Jorgend Lupus and 4 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Barring the lightning and highlights, third claw is done:
wUziDUh.jpg

Well... Their heads need to show up :lol: Have to (im)patiently wait until Friday for those....

• Zeke, Tallarn Commander and Dr_Ruminahui like this

DaisyDuke

DaisyDuke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 58 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords
I love that quote at the start it sums up the legion beautifully.
  • Gederas likes this

Tallarn Commander

Tallarn Commander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 798 posts

Coming along nicely.

Curze’s blood spatters and the sorcerer’s green object source lighting are quite impressive!

My Chaos Blog (Night Lords, World Eaters, Renegades & Heretics)    http://www.bolterand...ds-vs-tallarns/

My Imperial Guard Blog (Tallarn 23rd)   http://www.bolterand...larn-23rd-blog/

gallery_30308_9518_8793.jpggallery_30308_9518_10060.jpgCall_of_Chaos_11_Banner_01b.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Chaos.jp

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

I love that quote at the start it sums up the legion beautifully.

Thanks? It's not mine, but I felt it's fitting

Coming along nicely.

Curze’s blood spatters and the sorcerer’s green object source lighting are quite impressive!

Thanks!

Finished Third Claw last week, forgot to post the finished picture here:
KRwkjlg.jpg

Additionally, I've finally come up with a name for my Warband: The Fangs of the Father (kudos to anyone who knows what that's referencing).

I also came up with a bit of fluff because someone at the local Warhammer store is running a narrative campaign, and completely by accident set it in the Demeter Sector.... The site of the Pandorax Campaign (which is perfect for literally all of the players, as all of them are using forces that were represented there :lol:).

Said fluff:
Pandorax Campaign (959-961.M41): The Fangs of the Father sent a strike force of three-hundred Astartes to aid Abaddon the Despoiler in his assault on Pythos. While they stayed out of the ground battle this force, under the command of Targos Kastax 'the Breaker', do battle on the Imperial fleet. With numerous Dreadclaws and Kharybdis, they lead a direct attack on the Dark Angels Strike Cruiser Caliban's Fury. In the ensuing battle aboard the ship, the sorcerers and techmarines of the Night Lords send out a psychically enhanced blast of scrapcode, scrambling the Imperial fleet's targeting systems. In the chaos of the battle, Caliban's Fury is captured after numerous Night Lords terminators teleport directly onto the bridge, slaughtering the command crew of the vessel. Caliban's Fury makes an emergency warp jump and disappears from the battle, and is assumed lost with all hands.

Nostramo's Retribution: A Strike Cruiser of the Fangs of the Father, the first sighting of which was 961.M41. The craft is often used in ambushes and raiding of Imperial shipping lanes, as strangely, it gives off the IFF of a Dark Angels vessel. Only when within close visual range, and seeing the symbols of the VIII Legion, does its victims realize the mistake of letting the predatory craft into their midst.

It's specifically because he said he wanted to troll the Dark Angel player and asked me to do it for him :lol:

• RolandTHTG, Celtic_cauldron, Macbeefin and 1 other like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Just finished the Dark Vengeance Chaos Lord I've modified ever so slightly (added the metal Night Lords Chaos Lord's backpack) to fit into my Night Lords:
vGHeiEq.jpg

o84qbyc.jpg

4272Eer.jpg

I'm really, REALLY happy with how the cape came out. Could have done the sword better, but it looks good from Tabletop distance, so....

• Celtic_cauldron, Tallarn Commander, Nemesor Tyriks and 2 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Finally found the parts to finish my squad of Raptors!
klCGmyg.jpg

Now to get better (read: More chaos) jump packs for these guys

• Aeternus, Tallarn Commander, Nemesor Tyriks and 2 others like this

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Ugh, who thought it was a good idea to make a model that's 70% trim?
zIWN8QJ.jpg

bHmlUsg.jpg

I really don't look forward to painting another two of these things for my Night Lords alone.....

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,312 posts

Well, the results look good, at least!

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Well, the results look good, at least!

Thanks! I actually just finished the Heldrake:
LAZfrzM.jpg

AaIkpyn.jpg

RxHVuUG.jpg

Also really proud of how the base came out:

do42Y0Y.jpg

• Tallarn Commander, Nemesor Tyriks and Dr_Ruminahui like this

Jaipii

Jaipii

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard

Really nice! I just found about your Night Lords. I was scrolling the topic and just about to ask, where are the raptors? Then noticed you had few of them built ;) Would love to see some more pictures of them! The old Chaos Raptors are one of my favourite minis :)

RpwBodZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Silently Fighting Nurgle's Rot circa 0369020.M03

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,407 posts

Really nice! I just found about your Night Lords. I was scrolling the topic and just about to ask, where are the raptors? Then noticed you had few of them built msn-wink.gif Would love to see some more pictures of them! The old Chaos Raptors are one of my favourite minis smile.png

I'd take more pictures, but they're currently not finished, the pictures that are in here are what they look like. It's because I need to get the OOP old-school jump packs (friend of mine is ordering them soon-ish) so I can make copies of them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Kitbash, Conversion, Fluff & Stories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users