Finding a non separated piece of artwork

BrotherEndcat

Hi B&C lads and ladettes,

Hoping you might be able to help me out here, trying to find the below artwork without the weird page separation in the middle of it - bit of a long shot but has anyone got a copy of it or know where to find it? Been trying for a good hour trying to get a hold of it.

ita2qUG.jpg

Cheers if you can help.

Edited by BrotherEndcat

If memory serves, that’s a colorized version of the 6th ed Space Marine codex inside cover art (as in, the art on the pages between the cover and the first page, and the last page and the back cover).

You might be able to do something with different keywords than you’ve already searched. If not, I think GW has an old artwork repository online somewhere? Could always try and find it there, or email them to find out what the work is called internally.

Best of luck, and hope this helped.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah I've been trying to find the original artist name but this piece doesnt crop up much in google, the style of these sort of 4th ed era artworks are so dark and cool, would be great to find a library of similar pieces.

I tried the warhammerart website but they only do a few particular prints, amazingly doesn't work like a catalogue and history point for all the official art which is a shame.

Almost tempted to email games workshop directly and see if they would give me the details lmao haha.

I doubt you will find it, seeing even ultra-high resolution versions of this that apparently came from official sources have the same line. Email might actually be best bet.

Someone could fix that art with Photoshop probably for you. 

Uh, what? Photoshop doesn't magically restore missing bits, especially in very particular art style. At least real Photoshop, unlike the one from CSI movies. There are versions of this image someone tried to fix in Photoshop actually and best they could achieve was smear trying to hide the dividing line (pretty convincingly, too, but it you look the right half of crozius is still gone and the middle drop pod is missing left door).

Guys I did get a response from the AUS GW customer service team and while they loved the artwork too, they weren't really willing to help me out which was a shame :wallbash:

How about the original black&white? The line is less visible.

:Troops:  See despite the missing half of the crozius and the slight error on the drop pod this might be the best I'm going to get. I probably could do photoshop job semi decently and get the crozius fixed at the very least. Thanks for the link mate.

I love that art because it reminds us just how scary and gross Astartes really are. They're pre-pubescent teen boys jacked up on roids and told to kill the galaxy. 

:Troops:  See this is why I love it and in more recent years I feel like that just almost body-horror aesthetic we think of with augmentations and how brutal the astartes are has gone away with newer artwork. Maybe its to appeal to a slightly younger audience or maybe art styles in general are more clean nowadays... but you are totally right. Hence why I love this piece of artwork so much, it perfectly captures what I think when I think 40k Space Marines.

Guys I did get a response from the AUS GW customer service team and while they loved the artwork too, they weren't really willing to help me out which was a shame :wallbash:

You could see if you can find a way to contact GW archivist Tim Molloy directly and ask him for the artist's name, or if there's a digital copy available?