1500pt sacred rose suggestions please

jimbo1701

Hi folks. Getting to the point (slowly) where the army is starting to come together so I’m starting to think about sacred rose lists. I’ve got a 2k brigade in mind but I’m aiming towards a 1500pt tournament in May to base my hobby prioritization on.

I have the Ltd box set and some boxes of sisters / retributors thus far and budget to expand to all the releases over the coming months. Any suggestions for a semi competitive list? I’m thinking blob troop squads and melta retributors / dominions in immolators with a pair of exorcists. Thoughts?

The troop blob idea favours Sacred Rose because it maximizes their overwatch buff. 15 sisters sitting on an objective is great. I like to augment the effect by putting a hospitaller with at least one of these groups.

Also, now that Doms can't pull of the vanguard move while mounted, they aren't the masters of mobility that they once were. I would suggest Seraphim with inferno pistols for tank killers now that burning descent extends their range and you can MD their damage. Zephyrim are nice too because they can autopass the charge after dropping in.

One thing to think about is how to get those initial Miracle Dice so you can start recycling, as that's a big part of SR's power. Battle Sanctum with a Beacon of Faith character, sacrificial Martyred Lady detachment, Incensor Cherubs, Vessel of the Emperor's Will - you have options, but there's an associated cost with all of them.

You are doing well so far. I have been playing Sacred Rose a long time. We are best at annoying the crap out of our opponent (in a sportsmanlike way ;) ) with miracle dice shannanigans, overwatch, and tenacity (by pretty much our squads having to be killed to the last model). With the new Sacred Rites and the expanded roster of stratagems all the Sisters Orders have more options and/ or can riff off of their mainstay abilities much more than they used to be able to do. I have been running 3 minimum squads to ride in my Immolators and 3 10 Sister squads, with two with Simulacrums and set up for the Trinity.

Update folks. The tournament in question has modified highlander so I’m now thinking:

Canoness with rod/book

Missionary

3x 15 sisters squads with simalcrum/cherub

Melta dominions

Melta retributors

Melta seraphim

2 immolators

Exorcist.

Last thing will probably go for penitent engines or mortifiers but unsure which would be best.

Update folks. The tournament in question has modified highlander so I’m now thinking:

Canoness with rod/book

Missionary

Melta dominions

Melta retributors

Melta seraphim

2 immolators

Exorcist.

Last thing will probably go for penitent engines or mortifiers but unsure which would be best.

I wonder if it would be better to spread those meltas among the BSS rather than taking melta Dominions.

Possibly. I haven’t outfitted the larger squads yet and am wondering if mixed weapons to maximise holy trinity strat might be good. Have plenty of meltaguns but no spare multimeltas. (Well played gw). It does strike me that if gw had put say 2 of each special weapon and a few less heads on the squad sprue if they could squeeze a multi melta and cherub in. Would make the second kit superfluous, and then less money....

Canoness with rod/book

Missionary

Melta dominions

Melta retributors

Melta seraphim

2 immolators

Exorcist.

I prefer mortifiers over penitent.  The 7" move just isn't enough to get Pens into combat, and because Mortifiers have Adepta Sororitas keyword they can use Holy Rage strategem to advance and charge.

If there's no special character restriction, Celestine may also be a good addition.  Easy to keep at least one BSS from each squad within 6" making all those ladies 3+/5++

Possibly. I haven’t outfitted the larger squads yet and am wondering if mixed weapons to maximise holy trinity strat might be good. Have plenty of meltaguns but no spare multimeltas. (Well played gw). It does strike me that if gw had put say 2 of each special weapon and a few less heads on the squad sprue if they could squeeze a multi melta and cherub in. Would make the second kit superfluous, and then less money....

I think, even without considering Holy Trinity, it really just helps in ensuring you are spreading those threats around so they can't be easily picked out and removed effectively.

As far as things go with the Immolator, as much as I love that new kit, it is definitely a point of inefficiency in most cases. It still kills and carries things. It still looks fabulous. If Dominions could still push it forward pre-game, it would probably be much closer to worth its points. Was your plan to put those Doms inside?  

I think, even without considering Holy Trinity, it really just helps in ensuring you are spreading those threats around so they can't be easily picked out and removed effectively.

As far as things go with the Immolator, as much as I love that new kit, it is definitely a point of inefficiency in most cases. It still kills and carries things. It still looks fabulous. If Dominions could still push it forward pre-game, it would probably be much closer to worth its points. Was your plan to put those Doms inside?  

This is a good point about spreading threats around, however I think there is also some merit in concentrating your weapons in one squad.  While theoryhammering spreading the weapons around makes sense, however tactically it is much easier to position one squad to shoot at their optimal target than having to position two squads (especially if you're running blobs of 15 girls).

For example, a squad of 5 dominions armed with 4 meltaguns is much easier to maneuver into position to shoot at their optimal target than it is to maneuver two squads of 5 battle sisters, each with 2 meltas or combimeltas that each need to each get within range of the same target.  Sure the melta doms are a tempting target, but this is also why lists have redundancy built in.  If the melta doms go, then there's still melta seraphim or exorcists or repentia, etc.

Regarding immolators, I love immolators.  T3 girls that can start the game hiding where they can't be shot, yes please!  Even if it's only for the start of the game and then the ladies bail out (with an extra 3" move).  The ability to transport troops, advance and shoot (with the flamers) overwatch with heavy flamer stats out to 12", soak overwatch if needed to support our fragile girls when they charge and auto explode for 1 CP?  I'll take two!

This is a good point about spreading threats around, however I think there is also some merit in concentrating your weapons in one squad. While theoryhammering spreading the weapons around makes sense, however tactically it is much easier to position one squad to shoot at their optimal target than having to position two squads (especially if you're running blobs of 15 girls).

For example, a squad of 5 dominions armed with 4 meltaguns is much easier to maneuver into position to shoot at their optimal target than it is to maneuver two squads of 5 battle sisters, each with 2 meltas or combimeltas that each need to each get within range of the same target. Sure the melta doms are a tempting target, but this is also why lists have redundancy built in. If the melta doms go, then there's still melta seraphim or exorcists or repentia, etc.

Regarding immolators, I love immolators. T3 girls that can start the game hiding where they can't be shot, yes please! Even if it's only for the start of the game and then the ladies bail out (with an extra 3" move). The ability to transport troops, advance and shoot (with the flamers) overwatch with heavy flamer stats out to 12", soak overwatch if needed to support our fragile girls when they charge and auto explode for 1 CP? I'll take two!

I definitely agree that list of things makes the Immolator a really fun unit...my issue begins when it is 110 points. It just seems so inefficient.

I love the new model too much that it won't matter to me, but boy do I wish they weren't so freaking expensive!

Hi folks. Think I’ve settled on a list. The tournament isn’t purely competitive. Thoughts welcomed.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [71 PL, 1,500pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Order Convictions: Order: Sacred Rose

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, 54pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword, Warlord

Missionary [2 PL, 38pts]

. Bolt Pistol and Shotgun

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [8 PL, 176pts]: Incensor Cherub

. 11x Battle Sister

. Battle Sister w/ Simulacrum: Simulacrum Imperialis

. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Heavy flamer

. Battle Sister w/ Special Weapon: Storm bolter

. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Combi-melta

Battle Sister Squad [8 PL, 169pts]: Incensor Cherub

. 11x Battle Sister

. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Heavy flamer

. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Combi-flamer

Battle Sister Squad [8 PL, 162pts]: Incensor Cherub

. 11x Battle Sister

. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

. Battle Sister w/ Special Weapon: Flamer

. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Condemnor Boltgun

+ Fast Attack +

Dominion Squad [5 PL, 106pts]

. Dominion Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Chainsword

. Dominion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun

Seraphim Squad [4 PL, 83pts]

. 2x Seraphim

. Seraphim Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

. Seraphim w/ Special Weapons: 2x Inferno Pistols

+ Heavy Support +

Exorcist [8 PL, 170pts]: Exorcist Missile Launcher, Heavy bolter

Mortifiers [9 PL, 174pts]

. Anchorite: 2x Heavy bolter, 2x Penitent Flails

. Mortifiers: 2x Heavy bolter, 2x Penitent buzz-blades

. Mortifiers: 2x Heavy bolter, 2x Penitent Flails

Retributor Squad [6 PL, 148pts]: 2x Armourium Cherub

. Retributor Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Chainsword

. Retributor w/ Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Immolator [5 PL, 110pts]: Heavy bolter, Immolation Flamer

++ Total: [71 PL, 1,500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by jimbo1701

Okay, so I would tweak your list a bit. I've recently tried out taking single Multi-meltas in BSS post errata and they work really well. With the Incensor cherub you effectively have 3 chances of rolling the 4+ (or 3+ if you don't move) to hit which is really useful. Also currently your multi-meltas will die to a stiff breeze after they disembark the immolator. If you split them up then they've got to chew through 45 sisters to kill all of them.

Also if you can find the 5 points give the cannoness the rod of office. The extra 3" actually more than doubles the area of her re-roll bubble.

Everything else looks okayish. I could be even more critical but I'd rather tweak what you have over completely ripping it up and starting again.

Thanks for the input randomguy. As I’ve never actually had a game with sisters, all theoryhammer, it’s good to hear people take on things. I take your point on the multimeltas. I was thinking they would get maximum effectiveness through the retribution strat and armories cherubs once disembarked, but spreading bets would afford them more survivability. I could drop the purely to fill a point condemnor and downgrade a flamer to storm bolter to take a rod of office.

I’d happily see your list from scratch bearing in mind they will be sacred rose successors.

If you have the models, swap the rets for an exorcist. It's more survivable.

Could also swap the doms for a second squad of inferno seraphim (seraphim move further, fall back and shoot, can still pump out 4 melta shots after losing models, can stay off the board for survivability)...

What is the role of the simalcrum and incensor cherub in the BSS squads? Reroll that heavy bolter shot? If you're keeping the doms, swap a cherub and simalcrum onto them, they'll actually make use of it with melta.

There is some merit to spreading the weapons, however tactically it's s lot easier to get one squad in position than it is to get 4 seperate ones.

I should probably make clear that the tournament in question uses modified Highlander rules so only units I can duplicate are troops and dedicated transports, hence only the one exorcist.

Good point re: simalcra and cherubs. I’ll have a think and play around with the list.

That’s called ‘ cheers then!’

We might have loads of elites but we are very light on all other slots! Half of our units are elites...so in that we are very limited on formations....or is it limited to 1 formation?

How are they about legends?

The comp is a single battalion with highlander for all except troops and transports, and those are restricted in number depending on armour save. Even worse for sisters as I’ve just noted that they are limited to 30 troops max per datasheet, so a bit rubbish when you only have a single t3 3+ save choice. No legends restrictions.

It’s a bit moot now anyway as I’ve spoken to the two chaps I was going with and neither can now make it anyway so I don’t think I will go.

Very much appreciate all the input though as it will help my list building going forward. Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks. Bit of threadomancy but, covid allowing. Friend hosting a semi competitive tournament at his house late May. Trying to sort a 1750 list and hitting a bit of a wall. Was going to go brigade but don’t think I’ll be able to and still include repentia. Idea was to put them in a rhino with a superior and preacher.

Problem is I can’t do that and fill all the elite slots while staying in points. Problems - firstly repentia superior doesn’t fill slot (I always thought such rules should be optional as often disadvantageous) and neither do ecclesiarchy units due to the missionary. Pious vorne another cheap choice but raw will interfere with detachment rules.

All I can think of is to remove the rhino, repentia and superior and put some elite characters in there Instead? Any thoughts?

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [98 PL, 1,750pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Repentia Superior [2 PL, 35pts]

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, 59pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword, Rod of Office, Warlord

Celestine [8 PL, 160pts]: Warlord, Warlord Trait: 4. Beacon of Faith

Missionary [2 PL, 38pts]

. Autogun and Laspistol

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [4 PL, 49pts]

. 2x Battle Sister

. Battle Sister w/ Special or Heavy Weapon: Storm bolter

. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Chainsword

. 2x Battle Sister

. 2x Battle Sister

. 2x Battle Sister

. 2x Battle Sister

. 2x Battle Sister

+ Elites +

Pious Vorne [2 PL, 25pts]

Sisters Repentia [5 PL, 91pts]: 7x Sisters Repentia

+ Fast Attack +

Dominion Squad [5 PL, 106pts]

. Dominion Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Dominion Squad [5 PL, 58pts]

. Dominion Superior: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Chainsword

. Dominion w/ Special Weapon: Storm bolter

Seraphim Squad [4 PL, 83pts]

. 2x Seraphim

. Seraphim Superior: Bolt pistol, Bolt pistol

+ Heavy Support +

Mortifiers [9 PL, 174pts]

. Anchorite: 2x Heavy bolter, 2x Penitent Flails

+ Dedicated Transport +

Sororitas Rhino [3 PL, 67pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [98 PL, 1,750pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Hi folks. Bit of threadomancy but, covid allowing. Friend hosting a semi competitive tournament at his house late May. Trying to sort a 1750 list and hitting a bit of a wall. Was going to go brigade but don’t think I’ll be able to and still include repentia. Idea was to put them in a rhino with a superior and preacher.

Problem is I can’t do that and fill all the elite slots while staying in points. Problems - firstly repentia superior doesn’t fill slot (I always thought such rules should be optional as often disadvantageous) and neither do ecclesiarchy units due to the missionary. Pious vorne another cheap choice but raw will interfere with detachment rules.

All I can think of is to remove the rhino, repentia and superior and put some elite characters in there Instead? Any thoughts?

Run a double battalion. Drop Vorne (already have the missionary) and/or cut out the stormbolter doms (all the BSS have stormbolters) to free up points for a second canoness. Blessed blade/inferno pistol (and blade admonition/righteous rage) is my favourite setup. Stuff her, the missionary and all the repentia in the rhino. Edited by bkde

Changed it up a bit based on suggestions - it’s now a dual battalion but still reads as brigade while I play around with it.

I’ve put a 4th mortifier in there but could maybe take some of the following instead - extra repentia and 2 geminae, 1 geminae and repentia superior ??

++ Brigade Detachment +12CP (Imperium - Adepta Sororitas) [95 PL, 1,750pts] ++

+ HQ +

Canoness [3 PL, 59pts]: Plasma pistol, Power sword, Rod of Office, Warlord

Canoness [3 PL, 61pts]: Blessed Blade, Inferno pistol, Relic: Blade of Admonition

Celestine [8 PL, 160pts]: Warlord, Warlord Trait: 4. Beacon of Faith

Missionary [2 PL, 38pts]

. Autogun and Laspistol

+ Troops +

Battle Sister Squad [4 PL, 50pts]

. 2x Battle Sister

. Sister Superior: Bolt pistol, Chainsword, Condemnor Boltgun

. 2x Battle Sister