Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unit of the week : Tyranid Warriors/ Prime

Unit of the week series Tyranid unit of the week

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts
LvLnMIE.jpg

Focus in this thread will be on Tyranid Warriors and Tyranid Prime.

I’ve used the Prime recently to fill up as a cheap HQ slot.

Packed with double boneswords.

What’s your preferred equipment option?

Is there space in your list for some warriors?

What do you like pairing them with? Hive fleet preference?
  • Dosjetka likes this
gallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,898 posts
I really like these models, and with BoB I'm eager to try them out. I like Kraken too much to stray - I enjoy the aggressive focus, but there appears to be great defensive synergy with things like Jorm.

But at the same time I think any list can benefit from an anvil that sits in the middle of the board and contributes in multiple ways. That is why I'm looking at a big block of 9 all wielding bone swords with 6 carrying death spitters and the final 3 with venom cannons. Adrenal glands included as well.

With Enhanced Resistance and the other defensive Stratagems they end up pretty tough.

But I have no experience with them...they look like a great all around board control unit able to contribute against anything in almost any phase. As such, the Prime seems absolutely necessary.

Edited by Lemondish, 27 January 2020 - 10:39 AM.

• Jud Cottrell and Spacecow like this

Spacecow

Spacecow

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 195 posts
I’ve always used them as melee. I’m currently in the process of rethinking certain things. Which will include redoing arms with magnets so it’s more flexible. I like them as they hold their own synapse wise.

I’m curious how they do range wise though.
gallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Jud Cottrell

Jud Cottrell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,118 posts
I’m still building my Swarm, but I intend on fielding a brood of 9.
I’ll keep them cheap (quantity has a quality of it’s own!) so Scything Talons, 6 Deathspitters and 3 Venom Cannons.

I plan on taking 2 detachments, one Kraken, one Kronos. So the Warriors brood will be Kronos.

My idea is for them to sit in the midfield and be a hub for synapse to help out my Hive Guard, Exocrines, etc
In my head it seems viable!!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unit of the week series, Tyranid unit of the week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users