Red Corsairs Smash Lord Build

Gree

I am currently experimenting with Red Corsairs. Would any of the new Faith and Fury Daemon Weapons be worth taking with a Smash Lord build? I would have an extra relic slot due to the Red Corsair WL. Or should I just take a Thunder Hammer instead? Does anyone have experience or insight with the new Daemon Weapons?

The fist of decay Is honestly the only one I would even consider taking. The daemon weapons are pretty mediocre compared to many relics, especially loyalist relics, and that’s before you even consider the fact that every single time your chaos lord fights he has a 16% chance of taking damage and then being reduced to punching the enemies for the rest of the phase.

The fist of decay Is honestly the only one I would even consider taking. The daemon weapons are pretty mediocre compared to many relics, especially loyalist relics, and that’s before you even consider the fact that every single time your chaos lord fights he has a 16% chance of taking damage and then being reduced to punching the enemies for the rest of the phase.

I agree. Daemonic weapons really need to have a LOT more punch for that added benefit of eating it's user alive.

I dunno.  The Slaanesh claws make your Lord a Primaris bully.  Not exactly Smash Captain, but effective.

Please tell me you are taking Maelstrom's Bite.  That thing is insane.

The Slaanesh claws are pretty great, especially if you take the Flames of Spite trait. You already hit on 2+, re-rolling 1s, add d6 attacks, add a mortal wound on a 6+ and you can re-roll all wounds (not just failed). Add VotLW, mortal wounds on 1/3 of your hits, re-rolling the ones that dont means 5/9 hits inflict mortal wounds.

The Nurgle fist is really great too, its basicly a much cheaper Thunderhammer. If you have no reason to make your lord any specific mark, I would go with the Nurgle fist or the Slaanesh Talons. If you go Nurgle, remember you can use the Nurgle strat to heal your Lord.