Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Building from 500 into 2k of DC, escalation league

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Grazcruzk

Grazcruzk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 560 posts
  • Faction: Scarlet Mantle

Hello all, I've got a casual escalation league coming up at my FLGS, last time I played a speedwaaagh, this time I'm getting back to my roots. I usually lean into primaris marines and sanguinary guard with a more defensive play style but this time I'm using as much Death Company as possible. I've played a handful of games at 500 to see how it goes and played a 2k vs orks yesterday.

500 has been this: 

Vanguard:

Lemartes

Death Company: x5 chainsword/boltgun, x1 power axe/boltgun, x2 powerfist/boltgun, jump packs.

Death Company: x4 chainsword/boltgun, x1 fist/boltgun.

Death Company: x4 chainsword/boltgun, x1 fist/boltgun.

Drop pod: stormbolter.

500 exactly.

I ran a regular jump chaplain for the Angel's Wing, but after looking at Lemartes' datasheet again I think he's too good to pass up. The strat is pretty straightforward, Lem and the jumpers move up the field, the pod carries the two 5man squads. At 500 I've found it well worth spending my 4 CP on Forlorn Fury for the 8man and Upon Wings of Fire for Lem to just get right in there.

My 2k looked like this:

Battalion:

Captain: hammer, shield, Angel's Wing, warlord

The Sanguinor

3x5 bolter scouts

Vanguard:

Astorath

Death Company: x13 chainsword/bolter, x2 hammer, jump packs.

Death Company: x8 chainsword/bolter, x2 fist/bolter (in drop pod)

Death Company: x9 chainsword/bolter, x3 fist/bolter (in stormraven)

Stormraven: twin heavy plasma, hurricane bolters, typhoon missle launcher

Drop Pod: stormbolter

Vanguard:

Lemartes

Death Company Dreadnought: talons, stormbolter, heavy flamer (in stormraven)

Death Company Dreadnought: talons, stormbolter, heavy flamer

Sanguinary Ancient: sword, Veritas Vitae

2000 exactly. One note in particular, Refusal to Die and Duty Eternal allowed my DC dread to survive 11 attacks from a Bonebreaker's charge and kill it with the return swings. I want to try the Wrath of Baal on the ancient but regaining CPs is always good. Much of the same strategy. cpt smash, the ancient, and the sanguinor went into deep strike. I don't expect to do particularly well over all but it has been a lot of fun to play something so much more aggressive than I normally do.

ETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_AstartesETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifgallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,024 posts
Try swapping one of the DeathCo dreads for a chaplain. Give him an assault cannon and storm bolter since he has 2+ bs. He has an invulnerable save, fnp and +1 str aura that stacks with Priest +1 str
  • Grazcruzk likes this
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users