New Forge World Books

So I'm wanting to discuss about the GW team taking over the Forgeworld models.

What would be your wishlist?

What changes do you think will come with it?

I'll be honest, I'm not looking forward to it. I have a feeling we might be losing a bit since main team seems to not favor anything except imperium. But what are your opinions?

Make every (or as close as possible) unit not be automatic shelf-relegated garbage either due to horrible “fluffy” rules or horribly “fluffy” point costs. Like the greater Daemons, which were miraculously somewhat sanely pointed at the beginning of the edition, shortly before some genius decided it was way better for Anggrath to cost 888 points because it’s Khorne’s number, lulz. No more :cuss like that.

Expectations:

• OOP units and options (that they don't intend to retool) will be relegated to Legends, including sonic dreadnoughts.
  • Points and rules tweaks to make more sense (looking at you, named Greater Daemons and Titans!).

Wishes:

• Make Dreadclaws and Kharybdis have the same T1 arrival rule as loyalist drop pods.
  • Subfaction rules for Skulltakers and The Faithless.
  • Rework of Renegades & Heretics. A full codex treatment would be nice, but even just adding warlord traits, stratagems and relics would be a start.

Thirding that. Though, the Renegades & Heretics is unlikely, seeing as how the entire range is now gone.

I do think that the Dreadclaws and Kharybdis should have the Drop Pod Assault rule. Like... Seriously.

Regarding the Points: ESPECIALLY the Superheavies for the Marines. The Fellblade should not be nearly triple the points of a Baneblade.....

Edited by Gederas

Thirding that. Though, the Renegades & Heretics is unlikely, seeing as how the entire range is now gone.

I do think that the Dreadclaws and Kharybdis should have the Drop Pod Assault rule. Like... Seriously.

Regarding the Points: ESPECIALLY the Superheavies for the Marines. The Fellblade should not be nearly triple the points of a Baneblade.....

I think its more likely Renegades and heretics to go plastic as a new 40k army, though probably will see IG re-vamp first. They kinda decimated the FW knights rules, FW custodes seem to have done ok so I don't know what will happen with CSM FW stuff honestly. Could go either way. Eh, we still got HH for now I guess if the 40k FW revisions go to pot. 

Very true. Very little hope for that, then!

That said, seeing that the range disappeared a while back, I wouldn't be surprised to see the faction reborn as Servants of the Abyss at some point, like how Zone Mortalis became OOP a couple of years ago only to come back in plastic. The fluff makes regular reference to renegade guardsmen, in an edition where there is little fluff or artwork of stuff that can't be represented in game.

All drop pods getting the T1 treatment. Dreadclaw should keep its current points since its a flyer/transport. If it doesn't get the T1 drop rule then it needs to have its points reduced. Chaos access to deathstorm drop pods with cheaper points cost or better weapon ranges. As far as I know, chaos is the only faction that uses them regularly in the fluff despite being something that every chapter and legion should have easy access to and use in every drop pod assault.

Leviathan storm and butcher cannons getting a price hike to make the other over priced weapons more competitively useful.

All marine superheavies getting a massive price drop to bring them in line with Imperial guard superheavies and knights. I would love to put my Typhon or Spartan back on the field but they aren't worth sacrificing over a third or more of my points to do it as they stand now.

All drop pods getting the T1 treatment. Dreadclaw should keep its current points since its a flyer/transport. If it doesn't get the T1 drop rule then it needs to have its points reduced. Chaos access to deathstorm drop pods with cheaper points cost or better weapon ranges. As far as I know, chaos is the only faction that uses them regularly in the fluff despite being something that every chapter and legion should have easy access to and use in every drop pod assault.

Leviathan storm and butcher cannons getting a price hike to make the other over priced weapons more competitively useful.

All marine superheavies getting a massive price drop to bring them in line with Imperial guard superheavies and knights. I would love to put my Typhon or Spartan back on the field but they aren't worth sacrificing over a third or more of my points to do it as they stand now.

Yeah agreed with pods, they can even eat slots still for me if they get points cuts + SM dex pod rules. I think you should try your spartan again but with laser destroyers. Its about the only CSM FW LOW I feel is properly costed right now for what it can do in that setup. 

I second a lot of what has been said above by other Brothers, except for the Sonic Dreadnought.

I wish just for recalibration of some prices here and there for the sake of global consistency (so no over- or underpriced units) AND access to new HH-era toys like Arquitor.

Celtic_Cauldron