So Imperial Guard are going to be in PA:The Greater Good.

MrZakalwe

Missed opportunity, GW should have called it "The Hammer of the Emperor (and other armies)". Given what I know of PA so far, and GW's historic treatment of Guard (certainly recently) I'm not sure. It'd be nice to get something decent of course, but part of me expects something a bit underwhelming by comparison. For every army that got a treat, seems there's another looking at their lump of coal :confused:

Could be either for Guard, who can say? I'll have someone* eat my hat if we get a new model, so I supposed on reflection I'm waiting to be convinced...

* the Lord Commissar may delegate as he pleases

Got a chance to properly read the new PA article today

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/28/a-war-for-hearts-and-mindsgw-homepage-post-2/

The setting sounds like one of the Ciphas Cain books where it was Tau vs Imperium then GSC popped up

Very curious to see what happens

Got a chance to properly read the new PA article today

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/28/a-war-for-hearts-and-mindsgw-homepage-post-2/

The setting sounds like one of the Ciphas Cain books where it was Tau vs Imperium then GSC popped up

Very curious to see what happens

I thought the exact same thing.  I guess there's a .001% chance of getting a Ciaphas Cain model and rules but one can dream.  I have the Artel W model but it would be nice to have rules besides "counts as."

It looks like there is a possibility of adding Astra Millitarum forces to both T'au and GSC armies (from what I read at the link). I doubt we'll get anything for AM unless they pick a specific world/defending force and chuck out a special character...

It certainly sounds interesting but I suspect it will have the AM as 'the supporting cast' rather than the main protagonists so I suspect that the T'au and GSC will get most of the love.

The Guard should be in the Ork PA book. It looks to focus around Ghazghkull and there is no greater adversary for Ghazghkull than Yarrick. Hell, Yarrick is Ghazghkull's favorite opponent. He launched the 3rd war for Armageddon specifically to fight the Old Man again. Edited by HallofStovokor

My inquisitions lead me to believe that there’s a better than even chance someone may be eating the Lord Commissar’s hat. The January 7th rumour engine has me thinking there will indeed be a new Guard (specifically Catachan) model with this new PA:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/07/the-rumour-engine-january-7th-2020/

My inquisitions lead me to believe that there’s a better than even chance someone may be eating the Lord Commissar’s hat. The January 7th rumour engine has me thinking there will indeed be a new Guard (specifically Catachan) model with this new PA:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/07/the-rumour-engine-january-7th-2020/

That Primaris Scout model is going to be ace.

Primaris Space Marines have been lacking a cheaper troops choice. 

Well at the very least we could host a bulid and / or paint event to celebrate the expulsion of these xeno threats! ;)

We don't need GW to help us show faith in the Emperor or the migit of the Imperial Guard.

Any idea of when the book is being released?

I'm just hoping for something to give us a chance against Space Marines. Maybe a 6++ for tank commanders or a 2+/6++ save for the baneblade chassis. Maybe give regiments a few extra bonuses. They could be fluffy. Catachans could get hard to hit in cover, Cadians could get a +1 strength and fearless against Chaos. Stuff like that would be both fun and fluffy.

Cadian 8th is it not? Creed's old Regiment? 

Interesting that "Ordo Tempestus" has been mentioned. Fairly sure it's a typo and it'll just be rules for Scions but even then it's interesting that they get a separate call out.

Really looking forward to what goodies we get!

is it normal for the IG to have the same markings as the tau (orang e and white?)

Those tau and IG models were used for illustrations in Mont'ka campaign book. That time the models were relatively newly-painted. May be the painter was a little bit lazy/on hurry and used the same colours to rise efficiency of one's work.

Looks like the rules are starting to dribble out those filthy tau.

Hopefully we some IG ones soon and the book will be out sometime this month!

Personally I would also like the auto max D:X shots stratagem they just previewed!

Edit

Based on the stockist information looks like it will be availabile for pre order this weekend.

Fingers crossed we're going to see some good rules!

Edited by duz_

Looks like the rules are starting to dribble out those filthy tau.

Hopefully we some IG ones soon and the book will be out sometime this month!

Personally I would also like the auto max D:X shots stratagem they just previewed!

Edit

Based on the stockist information looks like it will be availabile for pre order this weekend.

Fingers crossed we're going to see some good rules!

With as powerful as the revealed Tau stratagem is, it is giving me hope about the guard. If we get only a couple rules as strong as that, we may become viable again.