So Imperial Guard are going to be in PA:The Greater Good.

MrZakalwe

I know this isnt in there but 24inch hotshots, vets as troops, and rough riders would make me super happy...

Now back on topic. I love to see custom regiments like you can do with chapters and now septs. I have an ACW themed army that needs moar customizing and uniqueness.

Custom regiments would be hard to do. Nearly every regiment has more than one unique ability tied to them. Every regiment has a unique order, all have special relics, all have unique warlord traits and their regimental doctrines are multi-faceted. Ro instance natural born soldiers gives rerolls of 1s to all units remaining stationary, but it also cause take aim to reroll all failed hits if stationary. Brutal Strength has 3 separate buffs. It increases strength by 1, it Grant's vehicles rerolls of random shots and it gives infantry a 1+ leadership when near officers. There's no way that GW would allow custom regiments to be as powerful as normal regiments.

Do you always make use of all of them? For example, I regularly run tanks with the Catachan doctrine, but very rarely dip into infantry, simple because I don't feel S4 Guardsmen should be a thing.

Insteas I run my infantry in a separate detachment as Tallarn, because I love the speediness.

So if I could just take the tank-bonus and combine it with Tallarn infantry advance and shoot I'd do so immediately, because I finally won't have to do any more mental gymnastics on why my custom regiment fights with different regiment doctrines.

Canid as a wargear option? If it's literally just that I'll mark this up as a win!

A Strategem that maxes out the Vanquisher cannon in some way as well please. Get some hints soon at any rate, looking forward to it!

Actually hoping Genestealers get some massive buffs because I have nearly a whole army still in the box and can't face painting another horde style army... If they become really powerful again I'll get more for them.

The thing to note here is that the -1 is not restricted to Guard infantry, suggesting that we won't get mono-faction bonuses but are still encouraged to ally with other forces.

It's one of those strats that are fluffy, won't come up often but can make a difference in some cases, like protecting some objective holders or an important character from some snipers. I like it. :)

Edited by sairence

I've learned to love Bullgryn the last two games I've played. They simply cannot die!

Adding this stratagem is just icing on the cake as I usually have CP to burn. (Yes, I know that means I'm not doing something right, but oh well).

I mean it can help screen heavy weapons in a pinch...

Or you know maybe Raven Guard for -2 to hit -3 to hit with their stratagem (-3 Grav Centurions say hello)

So in conclusion: 

• Using it with a heavy weapons team means I can't push the Bullgryns up the table.
  • Using it with plasma veterans or plasma scions is a possibility, but I feel like 9/10 that means I'm trading the possibility of getting into rapid fire range for a -1 to be hit.
  • I guess if the other player has a bunch of Snipers I could use this to help my support characters stay alive.
  • Bullgryns are a very expensive unit to soup in to a mixed army.

Krash

Edited by Captain_Krash

Question after reading the new strat...can we use this to screen a bullgryn unit with a bullgryn unit? If so, two bullgryn units moving up the field may be the best thing ever.

Unfortunately having 2 identical sqads will mean that killing one or the other is not relevant and the opponent would always target the nearest squad so you would never use the straragem.

Question after reading the new strat...can we use this to screen a bullgryn unit with a bullgryn unit? If so, two bullgryn units moving up the field may be the best thing ever.

Unfortunately having 2 identical sqads will mean that killing one or the other is not relevant and the opponent would always target the nearest squad so you would never use the straragem.

I think, by the way it is worded, that both units would get the -1 to hit.

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by librisrouge

I guess you could put a bullgryn bodyguard in front of a full squad of bullgryn?

That would be nasty...

It couldn't work. Ogryn bodyguards aren't bullgryns even though you can kit them out like one. You'd have to pay the minimum for 3 bullgryns with grenadier gauntlets to shield a proper bullgryn squad.

What would be better is if commissars or ogryn bodyguard were allowed to issue orders to bullgryns. I already take 2 lord commissars with my bullgryns as a melee bomb, and it would be awesome to give them fix bayonets.