So Imperial Guard are going to be in PA:The Greater Good.

MrZakalwe

I like it. The previewed ones seem to dance on the line of being not bad and fluffy, which is cool.

Tank Aces sounds like a great concept I've definitely been hoping for.

The end of the article seems to suggest that Scions will get fairly expanded rules, if they get their own focus...kinda suggest that an expansion of the Guard line is going to be with them more so than the traditional regiments. Not that surprising I suppose, as it's much easier for GW to protect their brand with them than historically or pop-cultured influenced models.

SUPER HEAVY TANK ACES!!!

SUPER HEAVY TANK ACES!!!

SUPER HEAVY TANK ACES!!!

SUPER HEAVY TANK ACES!!!

SUPER HEAVY TANK ACES!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

*takes deep breaths*

Ok, the Tempestus rules are going to have to be fantastic to keep me from just fielding my 3 super heavies every game.

So far the weapon expert tank ace looks tasty (creating a second threat aside from the Hammer of Sunderence commander) but there's nothing else inspiring here for me. 

A Supreme Command detachment already gave a superheavy Doctrines unless you were going to splash for a Vostroyan superheavy (for BS3+) or a Tallarn one (for outflank to protect them from alphastrikes) in which case you didn't give a damn about the Doctrine anyway as they provide relatively little benefit. 

This is really nice to see, some good Stratagems and of course something for Stormies too is fantastic. I hope they get more, not just because I'm working on mine currently :wink: Looks like there's some good regimental traits for them, it might be hard to pick!

Hmmmm 4 7/-2/2 shots + D6 7/-2/D3 shots.... looks like I need more wheels for Tauroxes

And also i wonder will Mobilised Infantry stack with Grav-Chute Commando?

This was the first thing I thought of. +2 when disembarking will be sick, especially if they keep the current Stormtroopers doctrine.

Hmmmm 4 7/-2/2 shots + D6 7/-2/D3 shots.... looks like I need more wheels for Tauroxes

And also i wonder will Mobilised Infantry stack with Grav-Chute Commando?

This was the first thing I thought of. +2 when disembarking will be sick, especially if they keep the current Stormtroopers doctrine.

It’s very unlikely that they keep the current doctrine, this expansion seems pretty clearly to be a rework. That being said I see no reason they would take away the vigilus detachment.

Also, Re: Sentinels, I don’t know how I’ve played Astra Militarum for two years and never noticed that sentinels don’t have the vehicle squadron rule, that stratagem is infinitely better than I thought at first...

Finally getting some love!

I wonder if the Valhallan vehicle doctrine where you treat vehicle wounds as double for template will be selectable. Combining that with the new jury rigged doctrine would be potent.

For completion/conversation sake:

Crack Shots (43rd Iotan Dragons): Add 6" to the Range Characteristic of Rapid Fire weapons models with this doctrine are equipped with.

Resolute Heroism (9th Iotan Gorgonnes): When resolving an attack made with a ranged weapon by an INFANTRY model with this doctrine against the closest enemy unit, an unmodified roll of 6 scores 1 additional hit.

Mobilised Infantry (55th Kappic Eagles): INFANTRY models with this doctrine do not suffer the penalty for moving and firing Heavy weapons. When resolving an attack made by a model with this doctrine in a turn in which it disembarked from a TRANSPORT, add 1 to the hit roll.

Prized Weaponry (133rd Lambdan Lions): Improve the Armour Penetration characteristic of weapons models with this doctrine are equipped with by 1 (e.g, AP 0 becomes AP -1).

Death From The Dark (54th Psian Jakals): Each model destroyed by an attack made by a model with this doctrine in your Shooting phase is treated as 2 destroyed models in the following Morale phase.

Predatory Strike (32nd Thetoid Eagles): When resolving an attack made with a ranged weapon by a model with this doctrine against a unit that is within half range, an unmodified hit roll of 6 scores 1 additional hit.

What's interesting, though maybe just easiest word choice on the FB team's part, was that they were called Regimental Doctrines. I'm curious if they're literally Regimental Doctrines (as they currently exist) or if they're examples of the options available to pick your two from for making a new custom Regimental Doctrine.

EDIT: From the FB comments - " as far as we understand it here at Warhammer Community this rule replaces the Regimental Doctrine Stormtroopers they have. Do be 100% sure about it we have to wait for the book!"

Edited by jaxom