Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Order of the Ashen Veil

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts
  • Faction: Primaris BA, Adepta Sororitas

Hello everyone!

Following the release of the new adepta sororitas and despite the despair of my wife, I couldn't help myself but start a new army with them.

It's still a work in progress, name is not there yet neither is heraldry, but the first model is quite advance and you may (or not) enjoy following the process along

Without further ado, here is the result so far

SH8Z7oI.jpg

cnhcf6P.jpg

Note to self, thoses heads are really tiny wacko.png

Let me know what you think !

Cheers,

Anamnesis

Edited by Anamnesis, 06 February 2020 - 09:29 AM.

• MadEdric, Magos Takatus, mithrilforge and 13 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg Follow me for more wip on Instagram or Twitter 
My Primaris Knight of the Chalice, BA successor Plog  - My new sisters Order of the Ashen Veil Plog
My blog Anamnesis minis madness, tutorials, showcase and reviews 

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

It's nice that, the scheme looks quite fancy, almost royal to me :). Maybe you could call them "Order of Saint [your wife's name]" to appease her :D?

• RolandTHTG, Anamnesis, Mechanicus Tech-Support and 1 other like this
Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

sml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

It's nice that, the scheme looks quite fancy, almost royal to me :). Maybe you could call them "Order of Saint [your wife's name]" to appease her :D?

Ohh quite witty , i like it

My Primaris Knight of the Chalice, BA successor Plog  - My new sisters Order of the Ashen Veil Plog

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,246 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
Beautifully executed. Colors look great, very smooth. Actually the first white armor I've liked so you did fantastic.
  • Anamnesis likes this
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

WolfVonhinslik

WolfVonhinslik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 30 posts
  • Faction: SoB - Order of the Last Breath

I love ot, nice and crisp, almost Regal

• Anamnesis likes this

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life."
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard

MadEdric

MadEdric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines Deathwatch Ulthwe

Gorgeous armor. would you mind giving a breakdown on how you made the white armor so smooth?

• Anamnesis likes this

Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,212 posts
Looking beautiful so far, if you can churn out a whole force to this quality I'll be damn impressed.
  • Anamnesis likes this

"In all my years of Study and Contemplation on the Imperial Truth, as close as I can figure out, it has something to do with Being on Fire."

Direct Quote from Chief Scribe Sweideger Steiger, Shortly before being burned to death by Sister Superior Larisa for Crimes of Heresy

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,114 posts
Dragoons argent?
  • Anamnesis likes this

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Hey guys! 

Sorry for the late reply, week has been pretty busy which also mean not much progress, but I'm happy you like what you see so far  happy.png

Gorgeous armor. would you mind giving a breakdown on how you made the white armor so smooth?

Sure thing ! the base is airbrush to simplify this step and keep the project in a reasonnable time frame, blending white takes time.

I start with basecoating white and giving a strong white zenithal light, darkest shade will be green grey from scale artist, but I used pretroleum grey here, first highlight with scale gobi brown, then again with vallejo ivory.

With a brush I glaze some gobi brown to bring back the some tone, lining with green grey and edge with ivory, final edge highlight will be ivory with white :) 

Looking beautiful so far, if you can churn out a whole force to this quality I'll be damn impressed.

That's the idea, we'll see if I can follow up, but I'm so in love with thoses sculpts which I've been waiting for quite a few years! There is honestly nothing I don't like in the range, which is a first teehee.gif

Concerning the name, I'm quite like the idea of Ranulf, but I also thought about a few different one

Order of:

• Saint Georgina 
  • Celestial veil/ halo/ shroud
  • Blessed halo/ veil/ vow
  • Ashen shroud/ cross/ flame
  • Forbidden oath
  • First flame

And progress shot, missing freehand and battle damage !

Z8xAQ0l.jpg

Cheers,

Anamnesis

• MadEdric, mithrilforge, spacepup and 6 others like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts

:) Apart from St. Georgina (of course :D), my second pick would be the "first flame" (vaguely reminds me of the "Lord of Light" religion from GoT, but also has a nice feel to it in general)...

• Anamnesis likes this

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

So I'm still torn for the name between First Flame or Ashen veil, I like both, my leader will be canoness Georgina though :P 

In the mean time, the first test model is finished, I had the idea of sister battling on a luxurious world with abandonned temple and church, similare to catachan without the OTT wildlife. It's also a nice break from all the rubbles, ruin, urban base. oh and it's really easy and fun to do!

A little bit of weathering but staying subtil and a little freehand for the form, not too sure on the symbol, looked better in my head.

I may need to had a tiny bit of dripping blood on the cut cheek on the face, doesn't look like much now

LJaNrQ9.jpg

lhR7NNs.jpg

fJyWvr4.jpg

UTggSEZ.jpg

The rest of the squad is now built and should follow soon-ish depending if I paint a few stormcast or a tauralon in between!

eoALFlo.jpg

Let me know if you like it !

Cheers,

Anamnesis

• MadEdric, jaxom, ValourousHeart and 20 others like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 725 posts

Gorgeous painting. I love the basing style, truely something different from all the grimdark. Invokes images of a planet like Naboo :)

• Anamnesis likes this

RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,702 posts

Oh wow. Gorgeous model and base. 

• Anamnesis likes this

As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!
gallery_29004_6198_5619.pngUUPlRKI.pnggallery_48988_15465_7428.pnggallery_48988_15465_9161.png

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,541 posts
  • Faction: Order of the Dauntless Spirit
Gorgeous model! :wub: The armour colours makes me feel that Ashen Veil fits, but both are good names :)

Edited by Aqui, 05 February 2020 - 05:17 PM.

• Anamnesis likes this

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,654 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the test model.
  • Anamnesis likes this
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

bkde

bkde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 455 posts

That's gorgeous, love the basing as well.

• Anamnesis likes this

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Thanks everyone for your comments ! I'm happy you like it

Gorgeous painting. I love the basing style, truely something different from all the grimdark. Invokes images of a planet like Naboo smile.png

That's a excellent example !

Gorgeous model! wub.gif The armour colours makes me feel that Ashen Veil fits, but both are good names smile.png

Indeed, tough my friend told me it sounds good because it's very similar to Ashenvale whistling.gif

Dread

Dread

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,246 posts
  • Faction: Craftworld Nebula
You know you could use Cerulean Shroud or veil like I did showing the robes color instead of the armor. I kept trying to play off my amethyst armor for a name when the blue I used on my robes was brought to my attention. However I really like the ashen veil. Beautiful job and nice to see someone else doing redheads.
  • Anamnesis likes this
gallery-48988-15465-6059.jpggallery-48988-16308-20607.png

I have come to kick ass and chew bubble gum! And I'm fresh outta bubble gum.

I like the way they pop.

ORDER OF THE CERULEAN SHROUD (SISTERS), NECRONS (ILLUMINOR'S MINIONS)
FROSEN STARS (HARLEQUINS), SAIM-HANN (CRAFTWORLD), DARK ELDAR
NIGHTLORDS,

Isolia

Isolia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 448 posts
Gorgeous scheme! I also vote for Ashen veil, sounds better to my ears and fits your scheme like a glo..veil ;)
  • Anamnesis likes this

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Ashen Veil it is ! Thanks for all your feedbacks happy.png

You know you could use Cerulean Shroud or veil like I did showing the robes color instead of the armor. I kept trying to play off my amethyst armor for a name when the blue I used on my robes was brought to my attention. However I really like the ashen veil. Beautiful job and nice to see someone else doing redheads.

I'm planning on doing many different hair colours !

Gorgeous scheme! I also vote for Ashen veil, sounds better to my ears and fits your scheme like a glo..veil msn-wink.gif

I see what you did here msn-wink.gif

• Isolia likes this

Majkhel

Majkhel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,036 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Oooh, good to see you painting again Anamnesis :)
Lovely colours! andAnd bases with flowers are soooo right.
Gonna definitely follow this!
  • Anamnesis likes this

WIP thread - Blood Angels 5th Company "Daemonbanes"  ||   Other things&projects
gallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16308_8698.pnggallery_105306_14812_3271.pnggallery_105306_14812_1034.pnggallery_105306_14812_1799.gifgallery_105306_14812_2682.gifgallery_48988_15094_7480.pnggallery_48988_15094_3315.pngtn_gallery_48988_15094_5012.pngtn_gallery_48988_15094_4942.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_2090.png

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~W. Churchill

Spoiler

Anamnesis

Anamnesis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 300 posts

Oooh, good to see you painting again Anamnesis :)
Lovely colours! andAnd bases with flowers are soooo right.
Gonna definitely follow this!

Thanks brother, nice to see you here !

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,455 posts
These are beautiful. Do you mind sharing what materials you used for the bases? I'd like to try my hand at emulating it.

Won't be able to do so well on all the other stuff lol, but I think I might be able to nail that!
  • Anamnesis likes this

vossyvo

vossyvo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar

Inspirational work here. Your highlights on the blue cloth are fantastic, gives off a magical feel to the army.

Great choice on the name too

• Anamnesis likes this

"Trust in the Emperor at the hour of battle. Trust to him to intercede, and protect his warriors true as they deal death on alien soil. Turn their seas to red with the blood of their slain. Crush their hopes, their dreams and turn their songs into cries of lamentation." - "Uphold the honour of the Emperor", vow of the Black Templars. Justus Mortis - Black Templar 2nd Crusade
gallery_45765_12339_7181.pnggallery_65141_15725_538.jpg

WarriorFish

WarriorFish

++ PRÆFECT SOCIORUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,544 posts
  • Faction: Hunter Legion

The colours are excellent, and the weathering really completes it - great work indeed your army is going to really pop on the table top! :D I think the base is a very good addition too, could you provide some detail on how you did it please? I might like something similar for one of my basing schemes in the future :)

• Anamnesis likes this

gallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_30308_9518_1551.pnggallery_30308_3239_3185.pnggallery_30308_9518_17558.pnggallery_30308_3239_193.pnggallery_30308_3239_17729.png
Painting Oaths Completed:
gallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_84.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_28.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gif
gallery_30308_3239_42.gifgallery_30308_3239_102.gifgallery_30308_3239_42.gif
In the grim predictability of online 40k, there can be only Sun Tzu quotes

SM Ironclad | IG Stormies | =][= Stormies | AM Armigers

CSM Terminators | TSons Rubrics | Daemons Daemonettes

DE Warriors | Tyranids Genestealers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users