Order of the Ashen Veil

Anamnesis

Hello everyone!

Following the release of the new adepta sororitas and despite the despair of my wife, I couldn't help myself but start a new army with them.

It's still a work in progress, name is not there yet neither is heraldry, but the first model is quite advance and you may (or not) enjoy following the process along

Without further ado, here is the result so far

SH8Z7oI.jpg

cnhcf6P.jpg

Note to self, thoses heads are really tiny :wacko.:

Let me know what you think !

Cheers,

Anamnesis

Edited by Anamnesis

Hey guys! 

Sorry for the late reply, week has been pretty busy which also mean not much progress, but I'm happy you like what you see so far  :happy.:

Gorgeous armor. would you mind giving a breakdown on how you made the white armor so smooth?

Sure thing ! the base is airbrush to simplify this step and keep the project in a reasonnable time frame, blending white takes time.

I start with basecoating white and giving a strong white zenithal light, darkest shade will be green grey from scale artist, but I used pretroleum grey here, first highlight with scale gobi brown, then again with vallejo ivory.

With a brush I glaze some gobi brown to bring back the some tone, lining with green grey and edge with ivory, final edge highlight will be ivory with white :) 

Looking beautiful so far, if you can churn out a whole force to this quality I'll be damn impressed.

That's the idea, we'll see if I can follow up, but I'm so in love with thoses sculpts which I've been waiting for quite a few years! There is honestly nothing I don't like in the range, which is a first :teehee:

Concerning the name, I'm quite like the idea of Ranulf, but I also thought about a few different one

Order of:

• Saint Georgina 
  • Celestial veil/ halo/ shroud
  • Blessed halo/ veil/ vow
  • Ashen shroud/ cross/ flame
  • Forbidden oath
  • First flame

And progress shot, missing freehand and battle damage !

Z8xAQ0l.jpg

Cheers,

Anamnesis

So I'm still torn for the name between First Flame or Ashen veil, I like both, my leader will be canoness Georgina though :p 

In the mean time, the first test model is finished, I had the idea of sister battling on a luxurious world with abandonned temple and church, similare to catachan without the OTT wildlife. It's also a nice break from all the rubbles, ruin, urban base. oh and it's really easy and fun to do!

A little bit of weathering but staying subtil and a little freehand for the form, not too sure on the symbol, looked better in my head.

I may need to had a tiny bit of dripping blood on the cut cheek on the face, doesn't look like much now

LJaNrQ9.jpg

lhR7NNs.jpg

fJyWvr4.jpg

UTggSEZ.jpg

The rest of the squad is now built and should follow soon-ish depending if I paint a few stormcast or a tauralon in between!

eoALFlo.jpg

Let me know if you like it !

Cheers,

Anamnesis

Thanks everyone for your comments ! I'm happy you like it

Gorgeous painting. I love the basing style, truely something different from all the grimdark. Invokes images of a planet like Naboo :smile.:

That's a excellent example !

Gorgeous model! :wub: The armour colours makes me feel that Ashen Veil fits, but both are good names :smile.:

Indeed, tough my friend told me it sounds good because it's very similar to Ashenvale :whistling:

You know you could use Cerulean Shroud or veil like I did showing the robes color instead of the armor. I kept trying to play off my amethyst armor for a name when the blue I used on my robes was brought to my attention. However I really like the ashen veil. Beautiful job and nice to see someone else doing redheads.

Ashen Veil it is ! Thanks for all your feedbacks :happy.:

You know you could use Cerulean Shroud or veil like I did showing the robes color instead of the armor. I kept trying to play off my amethyst armor for a name when the blue I used on my robes was brought to my attention. However I really like the ashen veil. Beautiful job and nice to see someone else doing redheads.

I'm planning on doing many different hair colours !

Gorgeous scheme! I also vote for Ashen veil, sounds better to my ears and fits your scheme like a glo..veil :wink:

I see what you did here :wink:

The colours are excellent, and the weathering really completes it - great work indeed your army is going to really pop on the table top! :D I think the base is a very good addition too, could you provide some detail on how you did it please? I might like something similar for one of my basing schemes in the future :)