Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 points of assorted Knights and Rusty17

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,184 posts

This is my first attempt at a list with Knights as the main force and infantry in support rather than the other way round. The Knights kill stuff while the Admech hold objectives and take the occasional pot-shot.

Knight Lance: Terryn +3 CPs
374 Galant: Reaper, Fist, stubber Sanctuary/Armour Sainted Ion, Landstrider (-1CP)
159 Warglaive: Thermal spear, melta
159 Warglaive: Thermal spear, melta

Knight Lance: Krast +3 CPs
521 Crusader: Avenger, heavy flamer, RFBC, stubber, Stormspear pod, First Knight, Endless Fury/Headsman's Mark (-1CP)
157 Helverin: Autocannons, heavy stubber
157 Helverin: Autocannons, heavy stubber

Adeptus Mechanicus Battalion: Stygies VIII +5CPs
30 HQ Enginseer
30 HQ Enginseer
54 Troop 5 Rangers: Transuranic Arquebus, Omnispex

1749 Total

The list starts with a healthy 12 CPs after buying an extra Relic and WL trait for the Questoris Knights.

The Admech are there to take Objectives and provide some CPs. The Stygies trait will help to keep them alive a little longer although the main way to achieve this will be 6 Knights drawing the bulk of the fire. The Engineseers can help repair the odd wound on a Knight.

The Krast detachment provides the bulk of by fire support with the trusty First Knight Crusader. Depending on the opposition, he will get either Endless Fury for extra horde clearance or Headsman's Mark for killing larger targets. This guy is the Warlord and will have first call on Rotate Ion Shields. The Krast Knights are also viable targets for Knight of the Cog (Benediction of the Omnissiah and Shroudpsalm both look promising for this).

The Terryn detachment is there to abuse the combination of Landstrider, Full Tilt and Gallant Warriors. The Gallant in particular has an average threat range of 29" on T1! The firepower of the rest of the army should be enough to clear screens if necessary and assure he can get stuck in. He will take Armour of the Sainted Ion for extra protection against massed weaker attacks. If my opponent has serious melee heavy hitters, he might get Sanctuary instead. The Warglaives will do their best to keep up with him and threaten heavy targets with their melta weapons.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions?

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,116 posts

It looks very competitive to me. It's a fairly traditional Knights/AM kind of list really. The core units are all there. I think you will be relying a lot on that Terryn formation to hold the line. I think Warglaives are undervalued at this role. 

• Karhedron likes this

Click to see....
gallery_2760_14273_30255.jpg
Instagram: @Prot40k

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users