Shadow and Iron supplement discussion

RedFurioso

Suffice to say I’m very excited about the new releases... :D

i recall that GW was leaking that there would be at least a Titan Class between the Reaver and the Warlord and one between the Reaver and the Warhound (and one smaller than the Warhound? I can’t recall). I’m betting the Warbringer is the one between the Reaver and the Warlord, therefore the size of the model (and the command terminal) should reflect that. It may have the same base or even be the same Scale and we know they’ll share the same weapons, but size-wise should be somewhat larger...

Very interested in the new decals too... Fire Wasps! :yes:

I think the the important question on everyone’s mind is: will the legs be better or worse than the Reaver’s to build...

Judging by the fact that the studio have mucked up their one, it looks like it’s roughly the same as the Reaver.

Never mind the wonky leg, I can’t take my eyes off the lopsided tilt shield XD

I wondered about warp-enhanced Titans, but we already somewhat have that in Legio Interfector. And they had previously said the first daemon-Titans were at the Titandeath excepting one other instance during the Shadow Crusade. So, maybe? We could be getting rules for that one instance. Seems odd, though. I suspect it's going to be another supplement or two before Daemon Titans really show up.

After reading the HH Titandeath I was expecting daemonically possessed titans in the titandeath supplement.

I’m looking forward to this new book.

Cheers

Vogon

It's an amazing idea but my titans have enough paint on them that any more layers and they'll look awful.  Maybe for my Legio Audax I could do a twin paint scheme, dark with fire on one side and bright with gray trim on the other?  

Has there been any official indication we'll see Audax in this new book? 

Edited by Fajita Fan

Yeah, that sounds reasonable. And I think Oberon is based off Anuari, and Praesagius on Gantz. So Destructor is in if the map is anything to go by.

Which could imply Metalica and Ignatum are skipping this book out. Maybe the transfers they're releasing are "get-you-bys" until full rules come out in another supplement down the road? I could see them covering the bases with very popular Titan Legions like that.

Urgh, paying over the odds for the Warlord Chassis is a deal breaker for me on the Psi-titan, there are so many floating around second hand thanks to the GM edition its a massive price hike over it being an upgrade pack of resin. Though to be fair i doubt those loyal to the True Emperor will get them anyway :D 

For those excited by Psi Titan bits, looks like they'll be available only with a full Titan: via Forge World's Facebook page:

Forge World [...] it's a complete kit - a hybrid of resin and plastic components.

Urgh, paying over the odds for the Warlord Chassis is a deal breaker for me on the Psi-titan, there are so many floating around second hand thanks to the GM edition its a massive price hike over it being an upgrade pack of resin. Though to be fair i doubt those loyal to the True Emperor will get them anyway :biggrin.:

Where is this quote from? I don't see it in the WHC article.

On their facebook page:

Forge World Hi Adam, it's a complete kit - a hybrid of resin and plastic components.

It's like when the weapon kits first came out they wanted you buy whole new titans to get the alternate weapons instead of releasing the sprues separately.  Maybe if there's a big enough outcry they'll change that.

Also reading the comments on their page I saw this:

dam Parker i know Epic isnt on the cards, but will this game get Xenos titans?

• 12771841_1316333255050618_53762539432233
    Forge World Hey Adam, we don't have any concrete news on that, but it's possible we may see xenos titans in the future.
Edited by Fajita Fan

>alongside rules and background for six Titan Legions and six Knight Houses

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/05/shadow-and-iron-crusades-of-vengeancegw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-1/

- Praesagius

- Oberon

- ?

- Audax

- Suturvora

- ?

And the Ordo Sinister.

The release of Metallica and Ignatum transfers with the book seems to hint at the last two Loyalist Legios.

I am curious what the six Knight House will be;

Vonnherr was on Calth

Terryn is close to the 500 World

Any guesses on Traitor Houses? House Malvinas due to their popularity and the f at they seem to be in every theater during the Heresy.

and with the new transfer sheets, will we get the see the official  Taranis blue paint scheme? The older heraldry for Krast(minus the Lion Rampant they were described as using) makes me hopeful of seeing their blue/yellow paint scheme being shown off.

>alongside rules and background for six Titan Legions and six Knight Houses

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/05/shadow-and-iron-crusades-of-vengeancegw-homepage-post-4fw-homepage-post-1/

- Praesagius

- Oberon

- ?

- Audax

- Suturvora

- ?

And the Ordo Sinister.

The release of Metallica and Ignatum transfers with the book seems to hint at the last two Loyalist Legios.

While that is a solid line of reasoning, it also balances the 1:1 Loyalist to Traitor ratio that has been in each book for Titans, so I'm uncertain.

I don’t think they really will get much of an outcry here though. The plasma sprue issue was a big deal because it flew in the face of their (justified, in fairness) talk about magnetisation, applied to every warlord from every legion, was the first alt-weapon set, and came on the heels of folks with the still recent GM box keeping warlord chassis frames spare.

The warlord-sinister kit affects a much smaller bunch of people. It’s only for loyalists, it’s resin, the bits aren’t things that you’d swap out with your existing titan, it’s not a core option for your centrepiece model, it’s not stepping into a scene where it’s the only alternative to two belicosas and some missile launchers.

I don’t love it and can never track FW’s thought process, such as it is, over what gets released as an upgrade and what gets lumped together as a ‘full’ kit but it’s not quite the obviously bad-for-the-player issue that the plastic spire was. I don’t think they’ll get anywhere near the same amount of negative attention for it on social media.