Shadow and Iron supplement discussion

RedFurioso

I'd like it to be that way too. Loads of us, me included, have ended up with rather more warlords than we strictly need. Being able to turn one of them into a psy titan would be excellent.

But I'll get it either way. The truth is I quite like building titans and the Warlord is my favourite. Sucks to pay extra, but the other stuff GW has come out wiht lately seems like a good deal. I'll get my Warbringer(s) at 25% off from dark sphere.

I'd like it to be that way too. Loads of us, me included, have ended up with rather more warlords than we strictly need. Being able to turn one of them into a psy titan would be excellent.

But I'll get it either way. The truth is I quite like building titans and the Warlord is my favourite. Sucks to pay extra, but the other stuff GW has come out wiht lately seems like a good deal. I'll get my Warbringer(s) at 25% off from dark sphere.

Too bad darksphere has a such huge shipping cost outside UK...(28£+ minimum ouch!) If it wasn't that much, I'd ordere always  at them. I only do it when the order is more than 300£ or so...(so, it is super rare)

Too bad darksphere has a such huge shipping cost outside UK...(28£+ minimum ouch!) If it wasn't that much, I'd ordere always  at them. I only do it when the order is more than 300£ or so...(so, it is super rare)

are there any shops in the USA that provide decent discounts over GW's inflated exchange rates?

Sinister-only maniples don't seem impossible, they probably want to leave room for folks to buy more than one, but my suspicion would be that they'll be support titans which stand outside your usual dudes. So take a barebones Venator or Lupercal maniple and you could maybe fit more than one in as effectively allies.

I’m fine with multiples being useable, as long as they don’t end up being the 30k Custodes of Titanicus. If they end up as a ridiculous must take option then ‘that guy’ will start to crop up with a big pile of them and start to sour local communities.

Anyone else taken with the idea of using the their rules for traitors to represent something that got dragged out of the Vaults of Moravec?

– An overview of the Shadow Crusade and Crusade of Iron
– Rules for using psi-Titans of the Ordo Sinister, including four psychic powers
– Background and Legion-specific rules for six Titan Legions: Praesagius, Oberon, Lysanda, Infernus, Mordaxis and Audax
– Background and rules for six Knight Houses: Orhlacc, Vornherr, Vyronii, Mordred, Malinax and Ærthegn
– Full colour examples of paint schemes and heraldry
– Four new maniples to use in your games
– Rules for three new weapons – the Sinistramus Tenebrae, Natrix shock lance and ursus claw – plus new weapon traits
– 18 new Stratagems
– Five narrative missions based on the greatest battles of the Crusade of Iron
– Extensive rules for organising an Adeptus Titanicus campaign
– Guidelines for map campaigns and different worlds to battle across
– How to build and maintain a Titan battlegroup or Knight Household across multiple games
– Rules for hostile battlefields based on conditions across the 500 Worlds of Ultramar, including worlds where the warp has taken hold

The Warbringer terminal shows it can take a Belicosa Volcano Cannon on the carapace. Nice.

Weapon cards come in the box along with the terminal. They are making it all very convenient “When I were a lad, I had to buy the cards separately BY ‘AND!”

Edited by Burni

On the page for Ordo Sinister, it mentions that you can't take any "Corrupted Titans" or Traitor Titans of Legend. It also distinguishes between "renegade" knight banners and "corrupted" knight banners. Interesting things lie in the future for us!

– An overview of the Shadow Crusade and Crusade of Iron

– Rules for using psi-Titans of the Ordo Sinister, including four psychic powers <--- WOOOOOOOHOOOOO

– Background and Legion-specific rules for six Titan Legions: Praesagius, Oberon, Lysanda, Infernus, Mordaxis and Audax

– Background and rules for six Knight Houses: Orhlacc, Vornherr, Vyronii, Mordred, Malinax and Ærthegn

– Full colour examples of paint schemes and heraldry

– Four new maniples to use in your games

– Rules for three new weapons – the Sinistramus Tenebrae, Natrix shock lance and ursus claw – plus new weapon traits     WHAT'S THAT?!?!

– 18 new Stratagems

– Five narrative missions based on the greatest battles of the Crusade of Iron

– Extensive rules for organising an Adeptus Titanicus campaign

– Guidelines for map campaigns and different worlds to battle across

– How to build and maintain a Titan battlegroup or Knight Household across multiple games

– Rules for hostile battlefields based on conditions across the 500 Worlds of Ultramar, including worlds where the warp has taken hold

This book sounds great.

Kinda mystified as to why the Nemesis' quake cannon doesn't have the Barrage trait like its larger Age of Darkness cousin does, but looks like they just ported the Warlord weapons straight across - would've been interesting to have a more artillery-style indirect fire Titan but maybe that'll come later

Goonhammer out the gate with a review/preview of the Shadow and Iron rules: https://www.goonhammer.com/adeptus-titanicus-shadow-iron-review/

Looks like Audax is firm on the warhounds-only rules to the point of getting their own unique Lupercal clone maniple. Also looks like the Warbringer can only be used as part of two specific new maniples - including the predicted warhound spotter maniple - or as a support titan.

Ursus claws rules look interesting. Seems like you won't quite get the moment in Betrayer where you immobilise a bigger titan but yanking it around so it can't shoot straight would be fun in an irritating, needling way.

The Warlord-Sinister seems brutal.