Current Legion homeworlds and planets in the Eye of Terror

apologist

Commissar Molotov and a few others are working on a project set within the Eye of Terror, and we're looking for any info on the current Legion homeworlds in the Eye (i.e. not Cthonia, Prospero and the like) – any info you can add would be much appreciated. 

Secondly, any info on other worlds in the Eye of Terror that relate to the Legion Wars (i.e. just those worlds that have a direct link to the Legions) would be useful – Skalathrax is a good example.

If you can find any references, however obscure or minor, they'll be really useful. I'll collate it in this opening post.

+ Legion Worlds +

Legion: Sons of Horus

Known homeworld(s): Maeleum was the Sons' base during the Legion Wars.

Description

Other notes

Original homeworld: Cthonia

Legion: World Eaters

Current homeworld:

Description

Other notes

Original homeworld: Nuceria

Legion: Emperor's Children

Current homeworld: Harmony(?)

Description

Other notes: Site of Canticle City,

Original homeworld: Chemos

Legion: Death Guard

Current homeworld: The Plague Planet.

Description: 'Viridian miasmic clouds'

Other notes: Formerly an Eldar Maiden World, namedEliathada.

Original homeworld: Barbarus

Legion: Thousand Sons

Current homeworld: Sortiarius

Description

Other notes: Also known as the Planet of the Sorcerors. Transported to real galaxy in M42.

Original homeworld: Prospero

Legion: Word Bearers

Current homeworld: Sicarus

Description: Located deep within the Eye. 'Roiling sky of fire and blood'. Completely covered by vast sprawling cathedrals, temples and monuments.

Other notes:

Original homeworld: Colchis

Legion: Alpha Legion

Current homeworld

Description

Other notes:

Original homeworld: Unknown 

Legion: Night Lords

Current homeworld:

Description

Other notes

Original homeworld: Nostramo

Legion: Iron Warriors

Current homeworld: Medrengard

Description: World-fortress. Black sun in a white sky. Located 'near entrance of the Eye of Terror'.

Other notes

Original homeworld: Olympia

+++

+ Worlds of particular note in the Eye of Terror +

World: Skalathrax

Notes: Frigid night temperatures – sufficient to kill exposed Astartes. Site of battle between Emperor's Children and World Eaters, after which World Eaters Legion is broken up.

World: Urum(?)

Notes: Fabius Bile's headquarters

Edited by apologist

Note that Maeleum was destroyed not long before the 1st Black Crusade, with the world's remnants being weaponised by the Legion Host under Thagus Daravek.

EDIT: There's also the Dark Mechanicum-held forge world of Gallium with its shipyard Niobia Halo. It occasionally served as a refuge for traitor legionaries as it attempted to maintain its neutrality in the legion wars.

Hope that helps.

Edited by AHorriblePerson

I think rather than being a homeworld per se, Harmony is simply one of the larger bases of operations for the EC. In Clonelord much is made of how it was reduced to ruins and shanty towns after Abaddon's attack. It's home to Eidolon's secret cabal but the Mechanicum and a lot of the third legion abandoned it.

That being said, opinions seem to vary. Fabius refers to it as graveyard but Eidolon says that it's as important as Terra or Chemos, like a third homeworld. Either way I don't think it's quite as clear cut as somewhere like Medrengard.

The thing to remember is just how fragmented the Emperors Children and World Eaters are, and the other Legions to a lesser extent. Skalathrax broke both the EC and WE, they no longer organize at Legion strength, but are a conglomeration of warbands that can occasionally have similar goals, like the First War of Armageddon. Harmony/Canticle City might be very important for certain factions of the Emperors Children, but it's certainly not a homeworld for the Legion, not in the sense that Fenris is for the Space Wolves, for example.

The Thousand Sons, Word Bearers, Death Guard, and Iron Warriors do seem far more unified, and do have, if not a singular homeworld, then at the very least a world that each Warband has strong links to. 

EDIT: To continue, both the Night Lords and Alpha Legion, knowing what we know about them, are likely far closer to the Emperors Children and World Eaters in regards to centralized organization, for different reasons. The death of Night Haunter and subsequent fall of Tsagualsa broke the Night Lords in much the same way Skalathrax affected the EC/WE, and Tsagualsa was likely the closest the Night Lords have come to a centralized homeworld after Nostramo was blown up. The Alpha Legion, on the other hand, are... well, they're the Alpha Legion. Centralization isn't their thing.

Edited by Lord_Caerolion

Here's my contribution:

Legion: Alpha Legion (Error: no records filed under name. Please contact local Inquisitorial scribe for more details)

Current homeworld: ???

Description: ???

Other notes: ???

Original homeworld: ???

Jokes aside, only four Legions have current homeworlds: Sicarus, Sortiarius, Plague Planet, and Medrengard. I imagine, however, that the Black Legion might have a planet under Abby's ownership.

The novel Lords of Silence does have a lengthy description of the Plague Planet's surface activities from the protag's POV, as he descends down to the surface. I can look it up once I get home from work.

Thanks all for your contirbutions and suggestions – they are all much appreciated. Please keep any little details coming – the smaller, the better. Mentions of the atmosphere, places or significant events on planets would all be great.

The closest the Sons of Horus/Black Legion had after Maeleum fell was the Vengeful Spirit with Abbadon using it as his GQ and place to organise the fleets tied to the Black Legion. It might of been said in ADBs' Black Legion that Abbadon didn't want to repeat the mistake of Maeleum hence the fleet approach.

In terms of material that deal with the Legion Wars, ADBs Black Legion books deal well into them along with Abbadons' rise to power. I think there was also a few short stories based on Khârn during and before Skalathrax.

• 2 weeks later...
I know it's not a Legion planet, but Xana II is a major player in the Eye and one of the more interesting things about it is that it was somehow physically moved (or teleported?) into the Warp by the Dark Mechanicum during the Scouring. Edited by DuskRaider

Daemon Princes rule Daemon Worlds. Horus, Nighthaunter and Alpharius never became Daemon Princes so their legion can't have a daemon world.

Medrengard, Plague Planet, Sortiarius, Sicarus are the Primarch's Daemon Worlds which also function as Legion Homeworlds.

Harmony isn't described as anyone in particular's Daemon World in Talon of Horus and Fulgrim isn't there so it isn't really comparable to the above four.

Goreswirl is where Angron resides when not in realspace.

So it might be Angron's Daemon World.

Angron and Fulgrim should have Daemon Worlds but they don't function as legion worlds. Both these Primarchs ascended before the Scouring but according to a lot of sources so did Magnus so that doesn't explain that so its probably the shattered legion thing that matters.

Its possible Fulgrim doesn't have a Daemon World thanks to his place of ascension being eaten by a black hole.

AFAIK Sortiarius is basically a more daemonic clone of Prospero?

The Plague Planet has been magically reworked into a mirror of Barbarus so Sortiarius' relationship to Prospero is probably similar.