228th strike force Sons of Horus "The Daumutef Retrievers"

sarabando

Awesome! Thanks for the step by step help. The dusty weathered battle grime affect is something I’m interested in and you’ve really achieved that look on your models. I’ll post up some models of my own in a separated thread once I am able! Can’t wait to see what comes next for your Sons of Horus!

The Dreadnought is well-painted, weathered, and detailed. I don't see Legion symbols on him. Do his colors alone serve to ID his Legion and his Primarch, i.e., the Dreadnought is saying, "The gold-trimmed turquoise armor should make it obvious I am a Son of Horus, you ignoramus!"

• 2 weeks later...

Their armor looks heavily weathered, muddy and/or rusty. Are these Sons of Horus pledged to Nurgle?

just chipped and weathered. its supposed to be a red oxide style primer showing under the green armour paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Next wave of reinforcements have arrived.

Firstly a Praevian just waiting on his mechanical companions.

fEu0OzR.jpg

a test mini for some mkII files i found online

4Z8Wemp.jpg

first veteran marine 90% printed inspired by some of the artwork in the old collected visions book.

mDp9MNj.jpg

and 2 out of the 3 speeders i need for my list.

NaEGkLQ.jpg

bdZgWG0.jpg

Excellent work. May I ask why you mounted the missile launchers atop the Land Speeder roofs, instead of under the wings? So the launchers may rotate, like the Airwolf's All Direction Firing (ADF) pod? Or do the launchers telescope to let the Speeders fire from behind cover/concealment, like that of the M901?

Your painting is quite good as always. Were the second and third images both printed parts? Also, are these fellows dedicates of Slaanesh? Because with that pose, I can't help seeing that melta-wielding marine prancing and skipping through battle.

Excellent work. May I ask why you mounted the missile launchers atop the Land Speeder roofs, instead of under the wings? So the launchers may rotate, like the Airwolf's All Direction Firing (ADF) pod? Or do the launchers telescope to let the Speeders fire from behind cover/concealment, like that of the M901?

just liked the look of them being on top and i see them more like FFAR rather than missiles.

As for printed parts they are the following

Praevian - head, pack, hands

MKII - everything except the gun

Vet - Everything except the gun left arm and pouches

speeders - missiles and parts of the crew. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This month i rescued some terminators from my stale deathguard 40k army and filled and repaired them.

VyUevlg.jpg

Repaired and stripped a Sons of Medusa Rhino that I've had since 4th edition and picked up two more to add in. One has the parts to swap between regular and command rhino.

hTgW88s.jpg

0O873su.jpg

again with the stripping, i stole some attack bikes from my Emperors children for the Warmaster.

pZUdEYK.jpg

another deathguard defector means i have this hugely tall centurion.

VuKd01P.jpg

haDk1DG.jpg

and lastly i added a Navigator with cyber familiar to the warband.

wbHZw9f.jpg

jknP1ls.jpg

Great additions all! Sometimes the best things come out of editing and ‘stealing’ or repurposed models from other projects and squads!

(And truly cool and unique take on the Navis Nobolite Navigator model conversion)

Edited by Yosef Hausakluif