228th strike force Sons of Horus "The Daumutef Retrievers"

sarabando

I love your work on those rhinos. Also excellent job on the navigator. Regarding those terminators; you don't think some spots of black on their pauldrons would go well to smooth the transition between Justaerin and not? Just want to hear your thoughts on the matter, I think the paintjob and weathering is fantastic. 

I love your work on those rhinos. Also excellent job on the navigator. Regarding those terminators; you don't think some spots of black on their pauldrons would go well to smooth the transition between Justaerin and not? Just want to hear your thoughts on the matter, I think the paintjob and weathering is fantastic. 

Not all Terminators are part of the Justarian elite.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I went through your thread from the beginning, and I must say I see a lot of progress in your painting. I especially like 3 things:

1. The weathering - I'm always a fan of the weathering (even heavy), as the "parade" marines don't have a place in such a full scale war.

2. The poses - I really like the dynamic, but not "too" dynamic poses of many of your Sons of Horus.

3. Bases - the monotone martian bases really do the trick of "popping" the look of the marines/dreadnaughts, also due to fine contrating colour.

Excellent work all in all!

The thing I would definitely invest in would be a hand drill to drill all the barrels :tongue.:

So I went through your thread from the beginning, and I must say I see a lot of progress in your painting. I especially like 3 things:

1. The weathering - I'm always a fan of the weathering (even heavy), as the "parade" marines don't have a place in such a full scale war.

2. The poses - I really like the dynamic, but not "too" dynamic poses of many of your Sons of Horus.

3. Bases - the monotone martian bases really do the trick of "popping" the look of the marines/dreadnaughts, also due to fine contrating colour.

Excellent work all in all!

The thing I would definitely invest in would be a hand drill to drill all the barrels :tongue.:

Thanks for your feedback :) i wanted the bases to be plain and contrasting like that for that exact reason :) ive also broken most of my pin drill bits this year so i stopped bother with it XD maybe il invest next year

These look great.

Where did you get the file for the mark 2 marine(s), is there more than one file/ pose?

And the praevian bits.

I'd love to add some mark 2 to my Wolves :)

Pretty sure the mk2s were found on thingiverse there are at least two if not 3 people making them with lots of variation on posing. The praevian uses MK3 hands and a "schism" helm both from thingiverse too

• 6 months later...

Big wow for your shield & chainaxe squad; I'm not too familiar with 30k, but they look awesome. Cool conversions, and all the grittiness. Love it!

Thanks :) technically they are power axes but command squads get access to all sorts of goodies. 30k still has that customisation of units that seems to be going away in 40k

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

That shadowsword is freaking sweet.  Getting rid of the sponsons really smooths out the overall shape to put it in line with Marine tanks much more. 

Tempting me to get one and try to rig up a jagdpanther knock off