++ MARCH OF THE MACHINES ++

Iron Father Ferrum

gallery_48988_16086_1046170.png

Connection to +TELSTARAX:COGITATOR-PRIME+ pending

CONNECTION ACHIEVED. VOX HANDSHAKE COMPLETE. CHANNEL OPEN.

"Welcome to Medusa, sons of the Gorgon. This is Kardan Stronos of the Iron Hands, speaking on behalf of the Iron Council. We have taken ferocious damage in our campaigns to crush the traitor, the heretic, and the xeno. It is time to replenish our ranks. Whether you be Iron Hand, Brazen Claw, or some other wayward cousin, we encourage you to join us. Promote your aspirants, brothers. Consecrate your tanks. Awaken the ancients. Our strength is needed in the wars to come."

END MESSAGE. CHANNEL CLOSED.

Welcome to ++MARCH OF THE MACHINES++, the first (hopefully) annual Iron Hands painting competition! Most of the rest of the Chapters have one, so I decided to gauge community interest in one for the Gorgoni as well. If this is successful, we'll make it a regular thing!

This painting event is going to run from March 1st 2020 to March 31st 2020. To complete any large vows, you'll have to be efficient -- like a machine! Here's how it works:

-- When the event opens on March 1st, you will post your Initial Vow in this thread. Each vow should contain your name, a list of units you promise to paint during the event, the total point value of your chosen units, your promise to complete the vow or face the consequences of your actions. An example vow would be:

"I, B&C Member #001, hereby vow in the name of Ferrus Manus to paint one Iron Father Feirros (110) points by the 31st of March. Failure will be punished."

-- When posting a vow, you must provide a "before" picture that shows the unit(s) that you have vowed to paint. The furthest state of completion any vowed unit can be in is base coated.

-- When claiming a vow is complete, you must provide an "after" picture that shows the unit(s) that you have painted to completion. What constitutes a "completed" model is entirely up to you; there are no requirements for basing, number of colors, etc.

-- Aside from posting your before & after pictures in this thread, I also highly encourage creating a "Work In Progress" thread. Acceptable places for WIP threads would be in the Work In Progress forum in the ++ FORGE ++ or right here in the ++ IRON HANDS ++.

-- If you have completed your Initial Vow, you may make one -- and only one! -- Reinforcement Vow. This second vow follows all the same rules as the Initial Vow. These two vows are the only vows you can make, so plan ahead! Also keep in mind that if you fail your Reinforcement Vow, then both it and your Initial Vow are considered failed!

-- The only units you can vow are those that have the <CHAPTER> keyword, the IRON HANDS keyword, or have a keyword that is a recognized successor of the Iron Hands. For example, Vaylund Cal has the SONS OF MEDUSA keyword, and as the Sons of Medusa are a recognized successor of the Iron Hands, he can be vowed for the event. Culln the Risen, the character Leviathan Dreadnought of the Red Scorpions Chapter, cannot be vowed since he has the RED SCORPIONS keyword and these are not recognized successors of the Iron Hands. If you are painting a custom Chapter, that is fine as every unit will default to the <CHAPTER> keyword.

-- There are seven levels of awards you can achieve, each with their own signature badge for you to display. The total point value of both vows, if you are successful, is used to determine your level:

sml_gallery_48988_16086_13723.png Battle Brother: up to 500 points completed total

sml_gallery_48988_16086_18968.png Armory Initiate: 501-1000 points completed total

sml_gallery_48988_16086_20109.png Techmarine: 1001-1500 points completed total

sml_gallery_48988_16086_7358.png Iron Father: 1501-2000 points completed total

sml_gallery_48988_16086_15008.png Master of the Forge: 2000+ points completed total

sml_gallery_48988_16086_27272.png Champion of the Chapter: most points completed total

sml_gallery_48988_16086_9324.png Servitor: failed vow!

Good luck to all and prepare your brushes!

Edited by Iron Father Ferrum

• 1 month later...

"I, B&C Member BBF, hereby vow in the name of Ferrus Manus to paint one five man Intercessor squad (105 points)

by the 31st of March.

Remembering you and Chaplain Lucifer giving me grief for choosing Iron Hands I’m going to show you just what I can do bruvha .

Edited by Black Blow Fly

Clan Fathers, I, the wildweasel, do pledge to bring no less than 1,543 points of forces given below to battle readiness, that they may lay low the enemies of the Chapter and the Imperium. Failure is weakness.

Captain in Cataphractii Armor
Iron Father Feirros 
Land Raider Excelsior 
Librarian in Phobos Armour 
Primaris Chaplain
Techmarine 
Intercessor Squad (5 man)
Cataphractii Terminator Squad (5 man)
Inceptor Squad (3 man)
Repulsor Executioner 

xgb4Wze.jpg

Edited by wildweasel

I, B&C Member “The Ergonomic Enginseer”, hereby vow in the name of Ferrus Manus to paint one Patrol Detachment (500) points by the 31st of March. Failure will be punished.

The Patrol Detachment will be comprised of:

1 Captain (not Nârik Dreygur)

2 Tactical squads (X10 man)

1 Ironclad Dreadnought

Some assembly required.

March Of The Machines   The Ergonomic Enginseer

My apologies for the quality of the pic. 
Edited by The Ergonomic Enginseer

"I, B&C Member 9x19 Parabellum, hereby vow in the name of Ferrus Manus to paint one Land Raider Redeemer (with SB, HKM and MM) (304) points and the Space Marine Terminator Heroes kit, including a Cataphractii Captain (Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield - 145 pts and a Terminator Chaplain with Storm Bolter - 97 pts) by the 31st of March. Failure will be punished."

Total Pledge = 546 points.

Pics to come

Land Raider:

gallery_95196_15832_441232.jpg

gallery_95196_15832_838554.jpg

gallery_95196_15832_31678.jpg

Backstory: I've had this LRR sitting on my shelf for over 3 years now. It was originally primed red to be in my Blood Angels army, but I've since decided my preferred method of insertion for my Sons of Sanguinius is the Stormravens, so the Land Raider is getting bequethed unto my Iron Hands.

I'll get pics of the Terminator characters up tomorrow or this weekend after I visit my FLGS and get the actual kit.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Since the levels are based on points and he doesn't have current Edition points...no. Now then, if he's a "counts-as" for something that *does* fit the requirements, that'll work.

:cry:

As he is the only intended entry into the Event, hence a Completion will only earn the Brother Badge, what would be a suitable counts as?

Since the levels are based on points and he doesn't have current Edition points...no. Now then, if he's a "counts-as" for something that *does* fit the requirements, that'll work.

:cry:

As he is the only intended entry into the Event, hence a Completion will only earn the Brother Badge, what would be a suitable counts as?

Box/Ven/Contemptor Dread with Plasma cannon and Heavy flamer? He has a sizeable plasma gun and flamer on his backpack and the hammer is an easy proxy as a Dread CCW

Contemptor Dreadnought would be acceptable given the model's size and armament.

"I, Grotsmasha, hereby vow in the name of Ferrus Manus to paint one Ferrus Manus Pattern Contemptor (110) points by the 31st of March. Failure will be punished."

.....and my phone is dead, pics in the morning....

EDIT: Pic added :tu:

I, Grotsmasha, pledge to complete 2x Rhinos, and Ferrus Manus, Primarch of the Iron Hands for the Emperor and the Loyalists by April 15th, 2020.

gallery_48988_16024_23896.jpg

gallery_48988_16024_141578.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, in the name of Ferrus Manus, vow to complete one Terminator with power first and Storm Bolter, one Razorback with Twin Plasma Guns and Lascannon, and One Razorback with twin Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolter, and hunter-killer missile, for a total of 244 points, by the end of this Month, 020M3. Victory needs no excuse. Failure allows none.

Lore to follow later.

med_gallery_95922_13105_348878.jpeg

Edit: please ignore the 3rd Party TFC. I have been informed it does not count without a Gunner, so he’s not part of the challenge right now.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

I, WarriorFish, hereby vow in the name of Ferrus Manus to paint one Ironclad (133pts) by the 31st of March. Failure is for the weak.

gallery_30308_10604_80916.jpg

I aim to get him primed ready for work to start on the painting this weekend. It's been a while since I've done a Dread, but when you've done this many it's second nature so shouldn't take too long :wink:

Man Ferrus is my favorite Primarch model ever !!!!!

I've been promised I'm allowed to but The Lion when he comes out provided I paint the rest of the Primarch's I have first, so the plan is to do Ferris and Fulgrim, then Vulkan, Horus, Mortarion and Angron (m first one was stolen from a GW display case....) and then win Lotto so I can afford others I haven't yet bought..

Edited by Grotsmasha