Blight haulers

WickedJester1013

Swapping the multi-melta for a twin lascannon would be nice, similar loadout to the 48" ranged helbrute. I'm happy for the points drop and the fact they only cost $25. It's really easy to hide groups of 5 PM with two blight launchers in their aura. They get targeted first before the marines but with 7T and that 5++ the marines don't have, let them!

I would love being able to change the weapons. Preferably to any of the bloat drone options

I love the little fart karts. My main opponent plays Imperial Fists so ignores their miasma but they are good a harassing targets. Three of them have ground down a fellblade to half wounds and obliterated a tau marker light squad.

If they had a selection of weapons and/or a BS 3+ I would say that your idea had merit. As generally speaking I don't get the cover save bonus I prefer to use them as a harassment unit

I proxied them for a couple games, one as independent cover granters, two games as a unit of 3.  Did so well, I went and bought three of the suckers weeks back, table-ready soon.

The split apart game, they were "neat" but ultimately, didn't really do any hindrance to the enemy, since PM's are usually getting shot with things along the lines of AP-3 D2, (plasma, DE ravagers, etc...). The going to a 5 save helped  against some plasma, but was ultimately usually a 6 due to ignores cover being so prevalent from enemy armies.

The games with them as a unit of three, flank-hunting.  Hoo-boy. They were worth their weight in gold.  Pure DG struggle AV wise without some FW stuff, it's always been my Achilles heel, even with a helbrute or two with TWLC. The crawlers are "Ok" but those mortars more often than not, are only 2-3 shots. I have bad luck with them, I think, no lie, I've only rolled more than 3 shots, twice, in the last year.

The three of them flank-hunting though, even without the re-roll half range, that AP -4 on a 3+ chassis is no joke.  Firing off frags into squads if krak's would be overkill, spitting too with some close range if possible.  The fact that they have an invuln of any kind, and 8 wounds, meant that even being hyper-aggressive with them on a flank, they survived and did dmg well.  Unlike my helbrutes that usually just eat dmg from AP-4 anti-tank with the same ignores cover.

Really love the little buggers now that they're points efficient.  While three of them is more than two helbrutes with TWLC, it's barely more, and those pts alone are way more than made up for with their demon save, wound count, and arsenal on each model.

I don't think they'd fair well in a "very" & or "hyper" competitive playgroup, but for our casual club/shop that still "plays to win"  they do great.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

In GW bucks that’s like a millionbajillion dollars!

Just used my three again tonight against necrons and boy do they deliver. Messing up all of his well laid plans and having a great time doing so. Speed 10 is no joke. Dark legionnaire mentioned a re roll at half range. Where is that coming from because I have not been uninformed it.

Dark legionnaire mentioned a re roll at half range. Where is that coming from because I have not been uninformed it.

I think he might have been referring to the multimelta. Except its not a reroll its a roll 2 and pick the highest

Aye, Loki's got the right of it.  Mean the half-range 2D6 pick highest. Mixing the old melta rules with modern incarnation in my head while typing.

So, I might have gotten lucky and picked up two on the cheap - we'll see when they come through!  (Along with a third PBC)

Now question is, was 2 a good purchase, or best only in 3's ?  I plan to run groups of Plague Marines in any list I make, otherwise I won't feel it'll be the Death Guard I've come to like.

So, I might have gotten lucky and picked up two on the cheap - we'll see when they come through!  (Along with a third PBC)

Now question is, was 2 a good purchase, or best only in 3's ?  I plan to run groups of Plague Marines in any list I make, otherwise I won't feel it'll be the Death Guard I've come to like.

If running them individually, two is fine!

I find the biggest deal they have going for them is with clever positioning to keep them from losing a model, a unit of 3 getting three krak missiles and 3 multi-meltas into key targets on BS3+ has been a huge deal compared to the one time I used them seperately.  I hate 4+ on my Kriegers decent-shots-amount AT, I loathe it on a unit with only single-shot AT ability like the blighthauler.

So if you can get three, and run them as a unit of 3, that's what I'll always recommend from now on! Unless they get a profile change in our PA for some reason.