Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Metal Broodlord as a Patriarch?

Genestealer Cults Tyranids Patriarch Broodlord

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,506 posts

Okay, so. I own a metal Broodlord, got it gifted to me from a friend after I started my 'Nids Kill Team. The idea is, I could run him as a Genestealer Patriarch. He's the more humanoid style of Broodlord, before the Broodlord and Patriarch were the same thing but based off of different styles of Genestealer (the current Patriarch being based off of the older style of Genestealer, like you see in Space Crusade, and the current Broodlord being based off of the current style of Genestealer, like you see in Lost Patrol and the current plastic kit). However, I feel that since both GSC and 'Nids players kinda treat the two sculpts as the same at times for the purposes of correct WYSIWYG, and run them for model variety, choosing the sculpt they prefer, I feel the question comes up of whether the metal Broodlord is also an acceptable Patriarch.

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Rogue

Rogue

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 693 posts
  • Faction: Red Brotherhood and Gorgons
Do you mean the one with feet apart, arms outstretched, looking up to the sky?

I've used him as both patriarch and broodlord at different times with my Cult. I only play against a small group of friends, but no complaints so far.

gallery_48988_15094_7830.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_13535.png ETL_Medal_02.gif gallery_48988_15465_5689.png ETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gif

This year: sixteen neophytes, four aberrants, brood brother commander, two commissars, twenty brood brothers and a command squad painted

Last year: patriarch, magus, primus, iconward, abominant, five acolytes, ten brood brothers, clamavus, five aberrants, eight genestealers and three leman russ tanks painted; 188 marines, one assassin, a dreadnought, two land speeders and a stormtalon based

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,384 posts
I think, speaking generally of course, the only places you run into issues with proxies are at tournaments and in the instance you have non-GW proxies in a GW store.

Would be interested to see a pic of the model you've found yourself with for reference just for curiosity's sake. Those old GSC and Tyranid models are treasures in their own right.

Edited by NTaW, 01 February 2020 - 12:01 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Genestealer Cults, Tyranids, Patriarch, Broodlord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users