Primaris Outrider Bikes-- NO PICTURES

caladancid

Hopefully the disclaimer makes this feel not clickbaitey.

The new Space Marine Conquests book by Andy Clark, Fists of the Imperium, includes bikes that are specifically called out as Primaris bikes.  And the title of the Imperial Fist sergeant who rides it is Outrider.

Seems pretty likely that is the name of the new unit seen only in potato pictures so far.

Hopefully the disclaimer makes this feel not clickbaitey.

The new Space Marine Conquests book by Andy Clark, Fists of the Imperium, includes bikes that are specifically called out as Primaris bikes.  And the title of the Imperial Fist sergeant who rides it is Outrider.

Seems pretty likely that is the name of the new unit seen only in potato pictures so far.

Hmm, sounds like something that the, hellsquad or what it was called and debunked and noted to be somewhat real thing. Though we had potato pics earlier this year/not so long ago

Hellfuries is the named unit without a model. I don't suppose these bikes had a name or more of a description? I actually ordered that book from GW last night so I'll look forward to reading it myself.

Seems like a normal bike, i.e. not Custodes style, but larger.  Armored tires.  Twin bolt rifles.  So it sounds to me just like an up-sized bike.

Shame, you would think with power armour you could have a weapon mounted behind the driver that could track helmet movement and just blast whatever he doesn't want to see anymore. I've always found the weapon placement on space marine bikes wildly impractical.

Yes concur.  Seems like having to aim your bike to shoot would be impractical, though it is pretty darn 40k.  That won't stop me from buying a metric ton of these guys though.  Not even close.

The word I was looking for earlier was 'jetbike', these are not jetbikes.  

Shame, you would think with power armour you could have a weapon mounted behind the driver that could track helmet movement and just blast whatever he doesn't want to see anymore. I've always found the weapon placement on space marine bikes wildly impractical.

Considering they can ram those same bikes through walls, i think weapon placements are least of your worries at that point

So it seems there will be an ETB version of these bikes like the Aggressors and Intercessors, that sounds great for anyone planning on making mobs of threse guys.

What's the source on this?

My wrong assumption, I thought this was about the Conquest magazine but reading the OP again its a BL book, my bad.

I suspect that Megaforce, the movie from 1982, might be responsible for the gun placement in 40k.

[Accusatory tone]There’s a lot of things that Megaforce is responsible for.

I’m keen to see thee new models, and hope there’ll be biker-characters to come.

I’m also now very keen to see Megaforce! :D I googled it and it looks great.

Dedicated heavy melee, naturally, rather than, "Can do melee but isn't quite so good at it despite being a melee unit"...

Though I can't help but feel that these new bikes will be following the current trend of being Primaris Tacticool shooting.

In the book it is written that they have dual bolter rifles on the bike, so shooty marines are probably a safe bet.

I will say it.  I want sidecars that are just weapon platforms.  No additional rider, just heavy weapons.  That pivot and move up and down. Just like someone already mentioned, tracking the riders eye movements or head movement.  Can you imagine the awesome that would be a twin assault cannon, quad heavy bolter, or twin heavy flamer on a fast mobile bike platform?!  I can.  The desire and need is real.  Glass cannon sort of performance and role.  Offset substantial firepower with very minimal durability.  big risk vs big reward.

V/r,

Dan