First week's post ...
Welcome to the Inquisition Unit of the Week Series!
Following the release of the White Dwarf "codex", and the re-emergence of your Lord Inquisitor from hibernation, there is no better time to discuss the unique units we have access to, plus some units from other codices that have traditionally been ours. Each week a different unit will appear, with the idea being that we discuss how best to use that model on the battlefield. This thread is for discussing the rules are as they are, to try to unlock the unit's its potential for those who wish to use it.
Without further ado, here's this week's entry:
I'm just "Mathhammering" when I think about Coteaz because I've never actually used him myself, but on paper at first blush we have another "Inquisitor with bonuses" insofar as he's got armour regular inquisitors don't have access to (even better than Greyfax, he gets Artificer armour for a juicy 2+), a thunder hammer, and some extra shootiness with the ever popular cyber eagle. He also gets to cast two psychic "spells" versus the regular inquisitor -- so better all around if you want a
heretic radical psyker inquisitor.
- What, in your view, makes Inquisitor Coteaz special and better/different from a standard Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor? Are there aspects that make him better beyond what I've noted?
- How is Coteaz best used?
- The old Spy Network/"I've been expecting you" has been fun for several editions, although it's not as potent now that only Ordo Malleus units benefit from it ... what's the best Acolyte/Jokaero combo for making use of this rule?
- Is the Spy Network something to build around or just a nice bonus?
- Making Coteaz warlord makes his psychic powers even better. I'm
not a heretica puritan so I don't go in much for psychic stuff. Is this worth it?
- Stratagems that are useful with Coteaz?
Edited by Nicodemus Doloroso, 12 February 2020 - 03:50 PM.