Jack Burton's Pork Chop Express: Resurrectrix!

Jack Burton

Hey y'all, hope this fine day is finding you all well.  I started work on a home build Triumph of St Katherine way back when news of the model first broke last year.  My plan was a scratch built base, Raging Heroes Adjudicators as bodyguards, Day of the Dead Daughters as relic bearers and some kind of centerpiece.  After many months of on and off work, it's done!  The official model from GW is pretty freaking fantastic; I hope this holds up.

IMG 4465

IMG 4466

IMG 4467

IMG 4468

IMG 4469

IMG 4470

IMG 4471

PS. for ease of transport and to make it easy to add or remove miniatures, every figure is magnetized to the base.  It's also a fun way to represent decreasing wound tiers on the unit card.

Edited by Jack Burton

Thanks fellas; I wasn't sure how people would take the floating-nude-oracle girl as the centerpiece.  I plan to use this as the start of a 'new beginning' for my Sisters army, which is maybe unfortunately a schizophrenic mess of Raging Heroes, old GW, and new GW miniatures...pretty much every squad painted in a different color scheme.  I have this problem of when I get a new squad of girls my reaction is something like "Hey i bet these would look great like THIS" so I really don't know how I'm ever going to field all these as an army :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty so I had some visions from the Emperor about what this army could be, and with little thought for the consequences we are now the Order of the Six-Demon Bag.  What's the order of the Six-Demon Bag all about, you ask?  Well, wind, fire, all that kind of thing really.  But it's mostly a tribute to the baddest cat to roam the Galaxy since the God-Emperor himself ascended to the Throne.  

I have some ideas about how to add some suitably subtle iconography, but in the meantime I've found myself the new loving owner of a squad of the new Battle Sisters and a squad of Retributors.  Assembled and ready to fight for the Emperor in all their gray glory, but with a bit of luck receiving some paint before hitting the tabletop.  Also a new lightbox to hopefully improve picture quality.  If you have recommendations to improve photo clarity then I'm all ears, but I've got a potato camera and getting a not-potato cam is not an option.

IMG 4490

IMG 4480[1]

IMG 4482[1]

• 1 month later...

Hope you're all keeping up well wherever you may or may not be locked down at the moment.  I've been stuck at home for a while but the good news is that I've finished the first couple models for a new Bloody Rose detachment.  It'll be a while before I churn through the thirty or so that I've got primed up but here are the first two:

IMG 5171

IMG 5173

IMG 5174

IMG 5177

IMG 5187

IMG 5188

IMG 5189

IMG 5190

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you're all keeping up well wherever you may or may not be locked down at the moment.  I've been stuck at home for a while but the good news is that I've finished the first couple models for a new Bloody Rose detachment.  It'll be a while before I churn through the thirty or so that I've got primed up but here are the first two:

The red colour looks great :) Makes it look more realistic. What paint did you use for it? I'm playing sacred rose and a touch of metallic would look good on the white armour, just not sure if there is a similar color that's white?

Thanks man!  I used paints from the Turbo Dork range on the armor.  'Spicy Meatball' is the red on the armor, and it's shaded with their Wave Length blue for a red/blue transition that I really like.  They're coated with a matte finish to dull the shine on the armor at the end, since the turbo dork range is VERY glossy.

Thanks man!  I used paints from the Turbo Dork range on the armor.  'Spicy Meatball' is the red on the armor, and it's shaded with their Wave Length blue for a red/blue transition that I really like.  They're coated with a matte finish to dull the shine on the armor at the end, since the turbo dork range is VERY glossy.

Nice :) I might try it for a model if there is a metallic white in my local shop. They have paints there that may be similar to the ones you mentioned. Also, I am considering spraying a squad with white paint and then painting them, so they get this extra white tint ^^

I finished the bases, completing the first squad of ten new Battle Sisters.  I was very happy with the quality of these minis from start to finish.  They were a pleasure to paint and I'm looking forward to the next ten.  The bases are Ancestral Recall from Green Stuff World.

The whole party:

IMG 5254

EXTREME CLOSE-UP!!

IMG 5256

IMG 5257

IMG 5258

• 1 month later...

Hey boys and girls Jack Burton coming to you from the Pork Chop Express again; today's topic, actually the Pork Chop CHOP CHOP CHOP Express.  Repentia are finished, and ready to hack and slash their way to redemption.  Blood for the God-Emperor, Skulls for the Golden Throne!  I mean...ahem...here they are.

IMG 6838

IMG 6839

IMG 6840

IMG 6841

IMG 6837

IMG 6842

IMG 6843

Models are Raging Heroes' Davidians, first time with VMC blood effects.