Jack Burton's Pork Chop Express: Resurrectrix!

Jack Burton

OK Y'all I have a question; I've finished the basic work on this rhino but I really am not sure what to do with most of the details.  Throw out some color and detailing suggestions and help me out?

It is a Bloody Rose Rhino, intended to carry Sisters Repentia in games, if that helps.

IMG 6997

IMG 6998

IMG 6999

OK Y'all I have a question; I've finished the basic work on this rhino but I really am not sure what to do with most of the details.  Throw out some color and detailing suggestions and help me out?

It is a Bloody Rose Rhino, intended to carry Sisters Repentia in games, if that helps.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac who hasn't bathed in a week and lacks basic human courtesy at Nova Open grabs your model and asks if your rhino has enough detail; you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Does my rhino have enough detail? Yes sir, it meets the three color minimum"

I like it as is. If I was gonna add anything maybe some water staining running down the stacks and doors. Kinda like on your car after driving in a rain storm.

It's easy to do, if interested let me know and I'll give you the technique.

Edited by Dread

Thanks for the tips guys, sure I'll brighten up the exhaust pipes a bit and touch a few details on the doors as well.

The mud got there by driving through a :censored: load of mud; probably been there a few hours to days.

What does the color scheme remind you of, dude? Am I ripping something off? :tongue.:

Edited by toaae
removed swear-dodge

I'm not seeing anything that reminds of something that might be ripped off. What am I missing?

As for the hand rails and door steps maybe a little gun metal showing wear from being gripped or stepped on but I think from the factory the whole tank would have been sprayed the same color. It's like the rivets on the super heavies, it looks cool to paint them but from a car builders perspective, they would have been sprayed after the panels were installed so same color but that's just reality. We're going for cool factor.

That's some over the top weathering. If you want to add more points of interest I'd look up other forms of weathering. Currently it looks like it went from straight out of factory to having just splashed into a muddy trench/been air dropped alongside some bovines. Usually mud on vehicles dries and looses that dark brown colour but those big clumps are clearly damp so maybe should be highlighted and or glossed.

Details wise its missing the headlamps, eye lenses on the crewmember and maybe some lenses on that big round hatch top but those aren't clearly modeled so are always optional. The toolbox is so blended into the armour I had to edit this post after noticing it so I'd pick that out in a different color.

Edited by Closet Skeleton

Thanks for the comments fellas, I'll be working more on the Rhino next week.  Some of the mud and dirt as leftover from a previous paint job, as this is a repaint.  The old scheme had the thing in a snowy terrain theme, and that mud used to be accumulated snow.  Perhaps I should just keep it as snow....

In the meantime, I've been working on some Zephyrim; these models were a lot of fun to paint.  I'm especially proud of how the jump jets came out, though the contrast with the armor is clearer in person than it is in photograph.  C&C welcome as usual, let me know your thoughts!

IMG 7008

IMG 7009

IMG 7010

IMG 7007

IMG 7011

IMG 7013

IMG 7014

IMG 7012

• 5 months later...

I do already have two living saints, but I saw the Zaphiriel, Ascended Ressurectrix from Raging Heroes and so now I have three.  Unless anyone can think of another use for a miniature like this, I suppose I'll be switching out which model to use as a Saint from game to game.  Until, of course, the blessed day arrives when the Canoness finally gets her Emperor-loving jump pack back.

Let me know what you think; I tried something new on the wings.

IMG 7378 (2)

IMG 7377 (2)

I love this model, and great paint too. I am hoping there will be rules for Sainthood in the Crusade content of the new Sister's dex. Ideally both Living Saints and Martyrs.

If there aren't, we'll just have to make them up!

Great work on the Saint. May she have a place in battle soon!

Yeah she's about twice as tall as the hospitaller, including the doves.  Also she won't stay upright on anything less than a 40mm base, so it's going to be tough to run her as a hospitaller.

The new Hospitalier is actually on a 50mm due to the dying sister diorama, so only the height should be an issue, and as she's an independent character shouldn't be much of one. 

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Adepta-Sororitas-Hospitaller-2020

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey all, I picked up 10 Sacresants and I am trying to decide how to paint them.  I will have the armor be different from the rest of the army, both to make them stand out and to have fun painting something a bit different.  Robes will be the same Black/White as the other sisters.  So here are 8 sample shields; any that you think would look great as the whole armor on the unit of Sacresants?  Any that should be right out?  Help me pick one or at least eliminate some!

shields

Colors have great symbolic value. What impression do you want others to have when they see your Sisters? That they're brave (what red symbolizes in Japanese culture)? Royalty (purple)? Pure of heart (one possible meaning for gold)? Have spirits as hard and unyielding as iron (my impression re: dark gray)? That they're "coppers," delivering the God-Emperor's justice to those who oppose His will (my impression re: copper)?