What rules for running Star Phantoms?

Galron

I have my Star Phantoms. In theory(because they aren't talking) they are Dark Angel successors but that's purely a theory based on some symbols they use as literally neither chapter will talk about it nor do they associate with each other at all.

I field it as an all Primaris army with several Impulsors, executioner and repulsors plus troops to go in them. I have the option to use painted Deathstorm drop pods(something they are known to do in the fluff(despite my only using them once early in 8th, they really suck and are badly over priced). We have no Primaris flyers yet either which  fliers are also something they are known for.

So that said I am not sure what to play it as. I have been using it as Iron Hands mostly for the ignoring movement penalties with heavy weapons and using the 5+++ apothecary thing which while cool as hell and aggravating to the opponent, doesn't scream Star Phantoms to me. I am actually looking to start using a dusty Levi I have floating around with Grav Bombards again and don't want to be that Levi IH guy.

Dark Angels green wing favor a static playstyle which is retarded for marines who are supposed to be a fast hitting strike force, not a castling gunline. I have  separate Salamander and Raven Guard armies so both of  those are out.

So what flavor of marine fits what I want to field for marines? Do Blood angels get everything regular marines get and do they do mech?  Obviously I am not trying for super competitive, I just want a complementary style of marines for my mech primaris.

I would mix Bolter Fussilade and Master Artisans for a shooty army, one buffs your bolters so you can have the other just for your heavy weapons. If not IH then UM doctrine will help your heavy weapons remain useful after moving and the loss of AP is minimal considering most heavy weapons are -3/4. All this will allow you to keep moving and fire at full effect with everything so you could even do a drop pod force full of heavy weapons since everything will get a free reroll.

Oh wow, my hatred of all things Ultramarine didn't even have me looking at them as an option. Ill definitely have a closer look at them although I have heard their strats are some of the worst in relation to the others. Less to think about during a game I suppose.

I would disagree. Ultras have some excellent Stratagems that allow for great flexibility such as giving one unit the ability to operate in the doctrine of your choosing for a turn. Turn one assault doctrine for an aggressive choppy unit or Devastaror doctrine later in the game when you want to be mostly in tactical can be clutch.

The best you can come up with is probably MA + Bolter Fusilade or Long Range Marksmen.

For a chapter that is heavily focused on heavy weapons and collateral damage.  

I feel only a strategem that allows them to shoot into melee combat at the risk of hurting their own units or allies suits them the most.  But nothing like this exist so.. may have to make do with others...

For super doctrine perhaps UM / IF / IH

Edited by Aurica