Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fun list! Finally Got Revenge on GSC 2 times!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts
My buddy has been slapping the hell outta me with his GSC lately. Finally I got some retribution. I decided I should play more of a counter/reactionary style. I've usually tried to just push in through all his screens and ambushes hoping to have some power left to knock out his tanks and stupid mortar spam....

Well I decided to use some tricks like the Brohammer guys did and abuse the character tag on my dreads. I moved most of my stuff together and decided to take incursors to get around cheap troops with 3+ save.

Battalion Detachment
Librarian dreadnought
Librarian dreadnought
Chaplain dreads- twin Las cannons

5-incursors-haywire mine
5-incursors-haywire mine
5-scouts-heavy bolter

Eliminators
Eliminators

Battalion Detachment
Smash captain
Lemartes
Chaplain dread- twin Las cannons

10 death company-2 hammers, jump packs-half have bolters/swords vs pistols/swords

6 Sanguinary guard-2 fists, 4 swords

Sanguinary Ancient- mask

2x5-intercessors-nade launcher, bolt rifles
5-Intercessors- fist, nade launcher, auto bolters

I made good use of the haywires. Basically forced him to avoid coming at me from one of my flanks allowing my Librarian dreads to push into where the incursors were so they could then screen them. The eliminators had a field day on the characters tabled him at end of turn 5. I delayed my death co coming in until I knew I could get to the TV tanks
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,115 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

Awesome list. Interested to hear how the twin lascannon Chaplain dread fared. I use mine for melee so duel dreadnought CC weapons 

Krash. 

Ad Victoriam

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

gallery_45765_12339_50558.png

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,022 posts

Awesome list. Interested to hear how the twin lascannon Chaplain dread fared. I use mine for melee so duel dreadnought CC weapons

Krash.

Well they did quite well. I 100% used the game mechanics to keep them from being targeted by his Cultist Tank Commanders. I dont normally play like that but my buddy only plays like that.
But yeah BS2+ AP-4 las cannons staring at you that you cant attack is not fun. Which is what this dude was doing to me a few times but he had leman russ tanks.

Against targets with no invul they are highly reliable. Ridge runners dont like these guys
  • Spyros and Captain_Krash like this
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users