Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting up to 1500

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,740 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons
Hey all!

So I have currently been using the following at my LGS for our casual 40k game night and I'm looking at options to grow it to 1500 points.

Ahriman on disc
DP with wings

3x 5 rubrics
5 SoT

Maulerfiend

Considering I have the following extra models:
Maulerfiend
Exalted Sorceror
5 rubric marines

I was thinking of adding the following to get to 1500:

Las predator
Box of rubrics

That would allow me to field:
Ahriman on disc
DP with wings

3x 9 rubric squads
5 SoT

Sorceror
2 maulerfiends
Las pred

...thoughts?
  • Archaeinox likes this

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,086 posts

I'd very much consider giving one of the 3 Rubric Marines units the bolstered model count if you a buy a new box. 

The MSU/5man rubric units have a purpose at 1500pts and scale very well even up to 2000... and you'll like having the bigger squad for RR strat. That said, I also find lots of value in 9man units as well and have been running them to test it. They're much more appropriate with Indomitable strat so maybe that translates to less casualties and less morale worries? Hm.

I really like the 2 maulerfiends. Don't change that. 3 is too much. You might diminishing returns on their value ie: if someone can kite away from them, they dont do jack.. but 2 chasing stuff down is still relatively cheap.

Las predators should always been taken in pairs. I think that's a good move.

Good luck and always message me whenever, I love seeing people post lists.

Edited by Archaeinox, 06 February 2020 - 11:31 PM.

• Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

Dolchiate Remembrancer

Dolchiate Remembrancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,740 posts
  • Faction: CSoV, TSons

I'd very much consider giving one of the 3 Rubric Marines units the bolstered model count if you a buy a new box.

The MSU/5man rubric units have a purpose at 1500pts and scale very well even up to 2000... and you'll like having the bigger squad for RR strat. That said, I also find lots of value in 9man units as well and have been running them to test it. They're much more appropriate with Indomitable strat so maybe that translates to less casualties and less morale worries? Hm.

I really like the 2 maulerfiends. Don't change that. 3 is too much. You might diminishing returns on their value ie: if someone can kite away from them, they dont do jack.. but 2 chasing stuff down is still relatively cheap.

Las predators should always been taken in pairs. I think that's a good move.

Good luck and always message me whenever, I love seeing people post lists.

Thanks Arch! Comments saved for future reference!
  • Archaeinox likes this

Segmentum Ultima::Dolchiate Sector ++Tales of Warfare in a Sector of the 41st Millennium++
IA: Crimson Sons of Vengeance(BA Successor) ++ IT: Thrallband Tusmah(TS Thrallband)

ETL_Medal_03.gif ETL_Medal_04.gif  gallery_29004_10383_212.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpggallery_48988_10069_9408.pnghPRn0FW.pnggallery_48988_13169_15439.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users