Primarch Triumvirate

b1soul

Or anything not "Wulfen"...

but I digress

Yes, I think Russ, Corax,Khan, or Lion would all have personalities quitr clashing with G-man's

Dorn or Vulkan less so IMO

Dorn did get upset with G-man over the codex during The Scouring, and I think Vulkan may view G-man's pragmatism as rather callously utilitarian or even inhumane in some cases, but I think there's less potential for interesting and plausible conflict with either of these two, especially Vulkan

The Dauntless Few Reunited: Guilliman, Russ and Dorn. But they meet at a five-sided table with seats left for Ferrus and Sanguinius.

Otherwise, maybe extend the concept so that each of the Primarchs represents a third of First Founding Loyalists:

Guilliman represents the larger codex-compliant chapters.

Vulkan represents the Shattered Legions (most fitting as his legion supposedly couldn't even muster the numbers to spin off a successor chapter during the Second Founding).

Russ represents the problematic codex-ambivalent chapters.

The Dauntless Few Reunited: Guilliman, Russ and Dorn. But they meet at a five-sided table with seats left for Ferrus and Sanguinius.

I like this idea, except of a 5 sided table make it 9 awaiting the return of their brothers. 

Have Dorn be in charge of a defensive wall/perimeter of the tears. Russ leading the offensive campaing into the Warp (he's spent much time in there by now), Guilliman is logistics and politics.

The Lion returns and Dante merges with the Sanguinor like how Arvida merged with the Terran Shard of Magnus. That would be an interesting triumvirate based on Imperium Secundus: G-man, the Lion, and not-Sanguinius.

Throw in clone Fulgrim and the continued search for Russ, Vulkan, Corax, the Khan, and Dorn, and I think the plot engine will be running for another ten years.

• 6 months later...

I've given this some thought and I think a Primarch Tetrarchy would be very interesting in the current Great Rift state of affairs.

Guilliman and the Lion as joint Lord Commanders of the Imperium

Russ and the Khan (or Corax but I prefer the Khan) as joint Warmasters of the crusade to recapture Nihilus. Indomitus having some success but still falling far short of the ultimate goal, as I understand.

I've given this some thought and I think a Primarch Tetrarchy would be very interesting in the current Great Rift state of affairs.

Guilliman and the Lion as joint Lord Commanders of the Imperium

Russ and the Khan (or Corax but I prefer the Khan) as joint Warmasters of the crusade to recapture Nihilus. Indomitus having some success but still falling far short of the ultimate goal, as I understand.

I'd actually see Russ, Khan and Corax as the types to repress revolts (Russ, perhaps Corax) or intervene in case of invasions (Khan thanks to his mastery of speed). I'd put Lion as the head of Indomitus 2.0.

Guilliman could remain as more of an administrator, only intervening militarily in the direst of circumstances.

I'd be fine with Vulkan and Dorn coming back (the latter as a Dreadnought), and either concentrating on building imperial infrastructure back up or pushing Indomitus 2.0 forward with a heavier speartip.

EDIT: importantly, the other loyalists' personalities should change from their Heresy-selves - 10,000 years in commoragh or the eye of terror should leave you more grim and determined, or with other personality quirks. Eg, Russ taking more of a grandfather Odin personality then his jovial Thor.

I'm going to throw my hat into the ring of wanting Russ to come back bestial after years in the Warp. Not bothered by Mark of the Wulfen continuity - the Warp changed it and that would be cool, interesting and different to Guilliman yet consistent with 40K background on Chaos. Edited by Captain Idaho

dorn, ferris and sanguinious return to terra together. Everyone's is happy and crack out the bubbly only to find they are going trapped meat puppets carefully created by Konrad over the years as a distraction. As they blow up gillyman and the council Curze murderizes his way through the custodes to get to the emperor where he proceeds to string his corpse up like a puppet for a while before triggering the big throne bomb.

"given the Khan has seemingly spent the last 10,000 years in Commorragh"

Which source says that?

As far as I know, that's pure fan speculation.

You could speculate that Russ is dead based on his recovered armour...or he has been tortured on a Daemon planet in the Eye/Rift...or Vulkan is perma-dead...or Corax is Lorgar's prisoner or he has devolved into a feral Warp creature.

Any of the above would be equally likely (or unlikely)

I mean Corax is the only other one with actual evidence he’s still alive and kicking. He could also contribute his knowledge of the original Astartes manufacturing capabilities to Cawl. His model would be absolutely sick too!

Let us not heap more shameful retcon upon the pile please. :p

I mean Corax is the only other one with actual evidence he’s still alive and kicking. He could also contribute his knowledge of the original Astartes manufacturing capabilities to Cawl. His model would be absolutely sick too!

Let us not heap more shameful retcon upon the pile please. :p

Lol you say retcon, I say character development

Point being there's so little info...they could bring back any loyalist Primarch (other than Sang and Ferrus) in almost any way

Even Sanguinius and Ferrus could be made to come back somehow in fairness. Sanguinius may already be back (or a shard of him, in the Sanguinor)

:O could Sanguinius be split like the C'Tan were? Perhaps one shard per aspect of his personality: the noble angel, the bloodthirsty vampire, the seer...