Primarch Triumvirate

b1soul

It is possible, as the rules do not need to be edited.

I don't think it's probable however, and even if it does happen, I think it will be later than the publication of the supplements.

Jonson I think is the most likely to be brought back, but I think they're going to explore more of the setup with the Luther novel, maybe having Luther in a HH Black Book, etc. first, then circle that back into 40k after having a better setup of the plot, the motivations, etc.

We can see all sorts of setup starting to show up for that one I think, but I still think there's more to do before they end up pulling a trigger on it.

On the 40k side, I think they're going to explore more with RG in the Dawn of Fire series first. If they can get about 3 of those a year, then maybe in two or three years we'll near the end and that could be part of the 'surprise' of the ending

To repost, as I guess it isn't a derailing.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

I don't know. I don't think Magnus or Guilliman were teased before their release. Mortarion was strongly suspected but that was to do with the launch of 8th and the DG as a separate faction. Psychic Awakening teased Fulgrim a couple of times in the fluff and then failed to deliver, instead it ended up setting the scene for 9th edition and the arrival of the Necrons as the new Big Bad.

I suspect a new Primarch will probably arrive unexpectedly but will need some sort of tie-in. I don't think we will get one just as part of a new edition of the relevant codex. I would be happy to be proved wrong if Russ comes out in 10 days time! :teehee:

I think by the time Dawn of Fire's 9 novels has concluded, we'll probably see them close out the Indomitus Crusade and move on. The only way I could see them doing something during the Indomitus Crusade is if it happens in the far corners of Imperium Nihilus late in the Crusade, and gives them plausible reasoning as to why Guilliman might not know during the Plague Wars.

doubt it.

imho the next primarch will first appear in a warzone campaign book, as a way to sell the codex + a campaign book, then a new codex with the primarch in it 8 months later.

selling 3 books in total to the target audience

Edited by Triszin