Hellbrutes Now Worth It?

jgascoine011

You can use them together, it's a great theme (disclosure: Dreadnut speaking). The Leviathan is a bit pricey but tough and Contemptors all round solid. Great models too, which is the important bit. They're different slants on the same thing so weapon choices aside perform the same role - they offer choice in the how :smile.: As IFF says Dreadnoughts benefit from some armour saturation, so what better way to saturate than with more Dreads? :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Helbrutes should get updated with a new Gatling gun option like the Redemptor.

That + a scourge is peak chaos to me.

Mortis pattern hellbrute with x2 twin linked reaper chain cannons. Hellbrutes have as much damage resistance as a wet paper bag, so OP guns would work for it. 

• 1 month later...
I always take 3 with heavy bolters combi bolters and fists and rush them up the board and they hit hard enough to be a threat that needs dealing with and put out enough shots to clear chaff reasonably well, solid investments and I really like the models.

Thoughts on an emperors children sonic dread with twin fists and doom siren? Or just better to go for a regular one?

I use them a lot. I like to bring 3 sonic dreads. I do not play competitively though. Usually 2 double fist combi bolter ones with a doom siren (which is a steal for 8 points compared to a heavy flamer) and one with twin Blast master and rocket launcher for the double shooting stratagem. The cc ones act as a nice distraction carnifex to soak up fire. And the doom siren adds some additional firepower even after advancing. Another load out I like is twin Blas master and power scourge, because the secondary firemode is an assault weapon you don't get a penalty to hit after moving, and you even can advance.

Edited by Maschinenpriester

Thoughts on an emperors children sonic dread with twin fists and doom siren? Or just better to go for a regular one?

I would go twin Scourges(I have dubbed these Noodle Brutes) and a Doom Siren, 11 attacks that always strike first?  Yes please. 

I have a Noodle Brute for my Flawless Host, hit it with Prescience, proc extra attacks off of 5+ for DttFE and DttImp.  Thinking about adding another since my favorite game seems to be "how many extra attacks can I get?"

I wish I could take Sonic Dreads in my Flawless Host! :biggrin.: