Looking for Heavy Flamers

Snazzy

I'm looking for suggestions on how to work more Heavy Flamers or Flamestorm Cannons into my army, and i'm not exactly current on Forgeworld in 8th ed.  

Also, anyone know the status of the Land Raider Ares in 8th edition?

You can take two Heavy Flamers on A unit of Sternguard, Dreadnoughts can replace their Storm bolter with a heavy flamer, ironclad dreadnoughts can take two. Try the Chaplain Dreadnought from forgeworld they have a big flamer type weapon, also from forgeworld you have siege dreadnoughts, and Leviathans. If you play blood angels or their successors tactical squads can take them as well as thier Baal Predators can take a lot of flame weapons. Invictor Warsuits have the Incindium cannon. Aggressors have a flamer option, I understand those aren’t heavy flamers but with a squad of three getting charged you will dish out 12d6 flamer attacks.

I am playing Codex Marines, so no Baal Predators, sadly.

I am using double HF Ironclads already.   That's actually where my interest in heavy flamers came from.  What i need is Heavy weapons to pair with Legacy of Dorn.  So, while Flamestorm Gauntlets are really good, they don't work for the purposes i need.  Isn't there a Flamestorm Cannon turret for Predators?

Ok, that helps a lot. So working on a burning Imperial Fists, gotcha.

Flamestorm cannon only on the Baal Predator.

From Imperial Armour: Adeptus Astartes

Deimos Pattern Relic Predator has a heavy 2d6 flame turret and can take heavy flamer sponsons.

Siege Dreadnoughts can take ip to 2x Heavy d6 Str 6 ap-1 2d flame weapons.

Chaplain Dreadnought can take one of those plus a heavy flamer

Relic Leviathan Dreadnought comes with 2x heavy flamers.

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought can also have up to two Heavy Flamers

Also Land Speeders from the Codex can take Heavy Flamers.

Oh, the Land Raider Ares is in Chapter Approved 2017 where yhey had Vehicle design rules

Edited by CCE1981

Ok, that helps a lot. So working on a burning Imperial Fists, gotcha.

Yeah, i'm finding some annoyance with units stacking hit penalties.  I figure HFs and FSCs are a nice moderation, as i will likely be stuck in Devastator Doctrine, anyway.

Oh, the Land Raider Ares is in Chapter Approved 2017 where yhey had Vehicle design rules

Great to hear.  The Ares seems like exactly what i am looking for.  

Look into Incursors, yeah their guns aren’t Heavy, but they are bolters, which would get the IF Chapter Tactic extra hit on a “6”.

Also check out the Twin Accelerator Cannon on Relic Sicaran Battle Tanks, 48” - Assault 8 - S7 - AP -1, -3 on 6’s - D2, No penalty on the To Hit Roll against anything with FLY keyword.

Well, i'm playing successors.

I went back to CA2017 and found that the Land Raider variants therein are only for Open Play, which is likely for the best.  Also, no Land Raider Ares.

Alternatively, i am contemplating a Redemptor Dreadnought with a HF and Macro Plasma, or a Sternguard unit with HFs and TLHF Razorback out of the Index.

• 4 weeks later...

I am playing Codex Marines, so no Baal Predators, sadly.

I am using double HF Ironclads already. That's actually where my interest in heavy flamers came from. What i need is Heavy weapons to pair with Legacy of Dorn. So, while Flamestorm Gauntlets are really good, they don't work for the purposes i need. Isn't there a Flamestorm Cannon turret for Predators?

The relic predator from forgeworld has the option to take the infernus cannon which is a heavy 2D6 flamer.