Keeper of secrets- claw attacks question

dice4thedicegod

So the keeper of secrets used to have a 4/3/2 column for its snapping claws attack. After the reissued datasheet in CA2019, it still references the number in the taking-damage table but that table no longer has that column. It just has the generic 6/5/4 column for the witstealer sword.

How is this being played?

Assume it should still be 4/3/2 for claws?

Or,

Go with 6/5/4, as those are the only attacks shown

Or,

Zero claw attacks (seems wildly unlikely that was intended)

I would assume the first (4/3/2) but wondered what folks think?

Not the only thing they have screwed up in this CA (Deathwatch Aggressor squads have unit size of a fix 21(!) models for example). I suggest playing either with the old datasheets stats or the one you can find on Shalaxi. Of course always ask your opponent whether that's fine first.

We all are impatiently waiting for the CA19 FAQ/Errata at this point. :sweat:

We've got the correction from the CA2019 FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/8fa9c5ab.pdf - the profiles have been corrected to the originals :smile.:

It also kept the decreased Power level (11, was 13 before).

Good for people playing narrative and/or summoning.

*narrative with power levels.

You can play Narrative Play perfectly fine with points too. ;)

We've got the correction from the CA2019 FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/8fa9c5ab.pdf - the profiles have been corrected to the originals :)

The keeper actually got a buff, the line above in the FAQ says replace her strength value with 6 (no longer degrades). This means she's permanently S6 (8 with the sword). That's a pretty big buff in my experience. Her strength degrading made her counter offensive less dangerous.

The power level change is huge for me, as I mainly summon keepers so making it easy to summon her on an 8 with an enrapturess or an 11 with any other chaos characters is pretty big. I love summoning a keeper turn 2-3 (when there's less threats) with a knight so it can just bounce around the board mopping things up.

EDIT: I guess she didn't have degrading strength pre chapter approved. Either way much prefer no degrading strength and more movement than 2 extra claw attacks.

Edited by Mushkilla