Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

3D-Printing kit to give the Dreadknight some dignity

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 519 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
https://www.artstati.../katanius/store

I thought I'd leave this here for you 🙂. The files are 3€...

antonis-bouras-06-dk-front-overlay-anton

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 08 February 2020 - 07:27 AM.

• Triszin, Brother Lunkhead and Bjorn Firewalker like this

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Ive tried using this from the original creator. He passed it over for free and recommended places like shapeways, but the site says the files are too large. I just didn't want to pester the guy because it was free.

Trollbeard

Trollbeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 240 posts
That looks amazing! I have a second dreadknight I’ve been meaning to build, but i have been wanting to convert the baby carrier aspect out of it lol

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,879 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Great find! Thanks for posting.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 519 posts

The baby-carrier is just too weird ^^, so I just found this quite convincing. Will have to hang an angry ork in there at some point though :D

• Brother Lunkhead likes this

Brother Lunkhead

Brother Lunkhead

++ ANTICUS ÆSALON ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,474 posts
  • Faction: Praetorian Sword, Ultramarines

The baby-carrier is just too weird ^^, so I just found this quite convincing. Will have to hang an angry ork in there at some point though biggrin.png

Definitely agree with you on the baby-carrierfacepalm.png Thanks for posting a great alternativethumbsup.gif

gallery_26154_15777_13780.png

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts
Where are you going to get it printed?

Ichar

Ichar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 102 posts

Ive tried using this from the original creator. He passed it over for free and recommended places like shapeways, but the site says the files are too large. I just didn't want to pester the guy because it was free.

This gentleman sent me the files for free ( they were so amazing I sent him money through PayPal). It can be done on Shapeways, but you have to change one of the settings when uploading the 3D files to inches rather than millimeters. It took several tries and it did not like the iron halo part. I had the parts printed in high res plastic, and it was over $100 dollars. So, if you have a friend with a 3D printer, you may want to let them do the work of printing it. I will tell you that the parts are AMAZING. I haven’t started the the conversion yet, but if you would like pics of the parts, I can post some tomorrow ( at work tonight).
  • SnorriSnorrison, Captain Coolpants and ranulf the revenant like this

Captain Coolpants

Captain Coolpants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,906 posts
Id really like to know what the difference actually is from the quality settings. But I've seen the built model already, was some guy on a miniwargaming video.

SnorriSnorrison

SnorriSnorrison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,239 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I got two of the kits printed, they look very good. The creator is a very nice person, so all praise be to him. I’ll certainly put some pictures up when I finish either of the GMNDK with the kit.
  • librisrouge and ranulf the revenant like this
My 2nd Company Blood Angels
WE ARE BLOODIED, BLOODIED YET UNBOWED!

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 519 posts
Nice to hear they actually work 😊

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users