Sume's Farsight Enclave

Sume

Hello all.  I am starting a little Tau army.  I am going to be attending an event later this year in July.  Its a 40k team event which is more causal then most tournaments.  I find it more fun as I can take some thing fluffy.  My teams theme this year is to try and do a Tau army of each caste.  Air, Fire, Earth and Water.  I had the choices between Fire and Air.  I decided I'd do Fire as Farsight Enclave is about all I know about Tau.

We didnt make a very good list but a fluffy one.  I decided to bring the entire 8 of the Farsight Enclave.  To accompany them, doing 30 breachers with 3 devilfish, some markerlight support, a coldstar commander, fireblade, 2 firesight marksmen and 5 stealth suits.  I shall try and get pictures of my progress as I go.  So far it has been pretty slow for me. 

Not sure how you guys want to do the Water or Earth caste as they have no place on the battlefield. Like at all. :sweat:

Looking at the PA: The Greater Good reviews, you will definitely want to get that one for your Farsight Enclaves as there are cool things like a Stratagem that boosts a unit of your Crisis Suits permanently to WS4+ BS3+ and so on. ;) 

Oh nice.  I saw a little of that.  Will need to look into it.  Its a really fluffy list. I dont even know how to play Tau.  So figured drop the entire 8.  There is over half the army.  As for water, we are going with an Imperial Guard army, with kroot allies (I think).  As like inducted into the greater good.  Unsure about the earth army,

Um does that apply to the commander crisis suits?  As my list has only the crisis suits that come from being part of the 8.

Edited by Sume

Nah it applies only to regular Crisis Suits and Bodyguard Crisis Suits. Not sure why you'd want to use it on a Commander anyway since they already have better WS and BS than even the buffed Crisis Suits. :D 

Well have you seen the named "commanders' in the 8.  Some of those have the oddest layouts now that I kinda understand the guns.

Guess thats why I was told why crisis suits where bad.  Was the BS on them.  Guess with this new stratagem fixes that issue.  Anyways I bought the army and been slowly getting it ready.  I should post the full list up.  Its not the best.  Its the one I picked out of the several that was sent over to me.  When I was like these are the units I like to include.  Bad or not.

Doing lava bases also.  So far that has been a neat thing to do.  I think they have turned out good so far.

Edited by Sume

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea/Theme of the Elements but as Panzer said the other caste's are not fighters ... perhaps the Element theme could still be applied to the armies weapons and/or movement style...

example -

FIRE - Crisis suits with flamers etc and melta based weapons and things that excel closer rather than further away could be Fire...Breachers and even Kroot (close combat) 

EARTH Units that are grounded and don't move much - Missle pod suits,fire warriors with DS8-Smart missle platforms that sit in the one spot and pour out firepower, Broadsides and KV128 Stormsurge's.     

WATER - highly flexible units like - Ghostkeels, Stealth suits, pathfinders etc troops in Devilfishes perhaps even Skyrays? and Hammerheads? able to move quickly to new positions etc 

AIR - SunShark Bomber /RazorShark fighter, Piranha's, Vespid Stingwings, Drones...

still interested in your army and how it's painted, please post your stuff soon :happy.:

Cheers, Mithril