Perception of Custodes Inquiry

Aothaine

Anyone know of some good sources to see how space marines react to seeing Custodes fight? Curious how GW portrays them in the eyes of space marines mainly. But even Xenos descripting the Custodes fighting would be cool to read as well.

Master of Mankind had a scene where a Blood Angel reacts to seeing a Custodes Tribune fight as well as a separate scene where a Mechanicum general makes observations. I believe First Heretic also makes the comparison between a pack of wolves (Astartes) and a pride of lions (Custodes). And there's a scene in Watchers of the Throne where the Custode character fights alongside Grey Knights and makes a few comments. Theose are all the ones I can think of.

If I recall correctly in either the first heretic or master of mankind, the space marines liken the custodes fighting style to the total opposite of how space marines fight. Space marines fight as a unit in harmony, whereas custodes fight individual battles as an army of one.

In the Garro book, a Custode fought some WS, how he died there legit made me depressed for that whole section. I'm a craven heretic and that's saying something. Not even a Tribute could have won that. Edited by MegaVolt87

If I recall correctly in either the first heretic or master of mankind, the space marines liken the custodes fighting style to the total opposite of how space marines fight. Space marines fight as a unit in harmony, whereas custodes fight individual battles as an army of one.

I think that's First Heretic or Betrayer.

The observation you're referring to is from Argel Tal, he's watching some Custodes fighting and observes that whereas Marines fight like a pack of wolves, Custodes fight like a pride of Lions.

Master of Mankind had a scene where a Blood Angel reacts to seeing a Custodes Tribune fight as well as a separate scene where a Mechanicum general makes observations. I believe First Heretic also makes the comparison between a pack of wolves (Astartes) and a pride of lions (Custodes). And there's a scene in Watchers of the Throne where the Custode character fights alongside Grey Knights and makes a few comments. Theose are all the ones I can think of.

The sister of silence also makes observation and is super salty about it.