Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best load out for Wulfen?

Space Wolves Wulfen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,395 posts

Sorry if this is already posted out I didn't look too far through the pages for a specific load out. I've got a battle box with 5 Wulfen I can build and some bits with shields that look space wolfy came in that I ordered. Was curious if I should use them on Wulfen or are there better options for them? If shields aren't good to use on Wulfen who would they be better suited on?

Got burned out painting black on my Deathwatch so figured I'd do some Space Wolf stuff to keep me motivated to build and paint. I currently don't play but I'm working on getting a decent army painted. Want to have at least a full table top quality painted army when I goto the hobby shops to learn how to play. I got the basics just think I'll learn faster watching and doing.

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I don't think you can go wrong with taking as many thunderhammer/stormshield combos as possible at the moment. You get an invuln and are tooled up to take on the heaviest of targets. Plus, you still hit at 3+ on the charge...
  • Kolgrim DeathHowl and Karhedron like this

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

My humble Space Wolves plog

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,127 posts
Yup, Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield is the best combo for Wulfen. The Pack Leader must take Frost claws (which is annoying) but cannot be avoided.

I am considering running one Wulfen with no wargear to eat Mortal Wounds in case anyone smites the unit. Not sure yet.
  • Kolgrim DeathHowl likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Donkalleone

Donkalleone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 580 posts
  • Faction: R[A]GD Company

I found 2 GAxe 2TH/SS 1 FClaw is pointwise a good compromise. Its 180p on the dot and it has also more efficient attack characteritics overall (Str8 to hit on 2 is overall better than 10 on 3).

If you have the Points survivability wins but im on the side of "more bodies than full loudout".

Edited by Donkalleone, 12 February 2020 - 06:35 PM.

• Kolgrim DeathHowl and Konnavaer like this

Iain_Stormeyes

Iain_Stormeyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

I found 2 GAxe 2TH/SS 1 FClaw is pointwise a good compromise. Its 180p on the dot and it has also more efficient attack characteritics overall (Str8 to hit on 2 is overall better than 10 on 3).

If you have the Points survivability wins but im on the side of "more bodies than full loudout".

The advantage of Thunder Hammer's to me is the Flat 3 damage, not just the 3++.  In the world of centurions and aggressors, I don't want to risk getting only 1 wound for damage.

• Kolgrim DeathHowl and Karhedron like this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,127 posts
Also there are plenty of T8 targets around, even without Knights dominating the meta so the ability to wound the toughest units in the game on a 3+ rather than a 4+ is nothing to sniff at..
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,190 posts

I like pete's loadout, 3 th/ss, 1 ga

banana

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,098 posts
Yea I go with that for the Swiss Army knife. Hard to bog down and hard to kill.

Plus I like the visuals 😬

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space Wolves, Wulfen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users