Best load out for Wulfen?

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Sorry if this is already posted out I didn't look too far through the pages for a specific load out. I've got a battle box with 5 Wulfen I can build and some bits with shields that look space wolfy came in that I ordered. Was curious if I should use them on Wulfen or are there better options for them? If shields aren't good to use on Wulfen who would they be better suited on?

Got burned out painting black on my Deathwatch so figured I'd do some Space Wolf stuff to keep me motivated to build and paint. I currently don't play but I'm working on getting a decent army painted. Want to have at least a full table top quality painted army when I goto the hobby shops to learn how to play. I got the basics just think I'll learn faster watching and doing.

I don't think you can go wrong with taking as many thunderhammer/stormshield combos as possible at the moment. You get an invuln and are tooled up to take on the heaviest of targets. Plus, you still hit at 3+ on the charge...

Yup, Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield is the best combo for Wulfen. The Pack Leader must take Frost claws (which is annoying) but cannot be avoided.

I am considering running one Wulfen with no wargear to eat Mortal Wounds in case anyone smites the unit. Not sure yet.

I found 2 GAxe 2TH/SS 1 FClaw is pointwise a good compromise. Its 180p on the dot and it has also more efficient attack characteritics overall (Str8 to hit on 2 is overall better than 10 on 3).

If you have the Points survivability wins but im on the side of "more bodies than full loudout".

Edited by Donkalleone

I found 2 GAxe 2TH/SS 1 FClaw is pointwise a good compromise. Its 180p on the dot and it has also more efficient attack characteritics overall (Str8 to hit on 2 is overall better than 10 on 3).

If you have the Points survivability wins but im on the side of "more bodies than full loudout".

The advantage of Thunder Hammer's to me is the Flat 3 damage, not just the 3++.  In the world of centurions and aggressors, I don't want to risk getting only 1 wound for damage.