never forgive never forget

SnakeChisler

Knights with a Chaplain could get exploding 4+s against Chaos Marines.

Gotta say, that looks really good, although CP expensive. I wonder if it would not be just cheaper to make them fight twice through honor the chapter.

Them again, if honor tje chapter is used, would you get exploding dice on BOTH attacks?

Edited by Berzul

The chappy buff only applies to the shooting phase, so the only way to get a 5+ exploding hits with the strat is with FotF. Although with exhortation of rage and the exploding 6+, your 6's will double explode! As far as the strat is concerned, you could multicharge a 10 man chaff squad and then use the extra attack to pop the elite unit standing behind it.

One thing I've wondered with this and the one that gets you an extra attack against a unit of 10+ is if you multi assault and 1 unit meets the criteria does the bonus apply to the unit or models?

I've read it several times and I am pretty confident just one model in the unit has to target the 10+ model enemy unit for the Deathwing unit to get +1A. So yes, 10 termies multicharging, one swinging at a unit of cultists, the rest going for the posessed bomb with +1A (or whatever scenario you prefer) :)

One thing I've wondered with this and the one that gets you an extra attack against a unit of 10+ is if you multi assault and 1 unit meets the criteria does the bonus apply to the unit or models?

I've read it several times and I am pretty confident just one model in the unit has to target the 10+ model enemy unit for the Deathwing unit to get +1A. So yes, 10 termies multicharging, one swinging at a unit of cultists, the rest going for the posessed bomb with +1A (or whatever scenario you prefer) :)

I thought that too your best tactical option is for the knight master to do the chaff clearing given the carry over damage