Last of the sisters release

b1n0gHo5t

Nah, Zephyrim are gonna swoop in last release like they're saving the day. Repentia will show up last release because they're repenting for being last release.

Next release will be Cannoness, rhino and immolator and maybe the Dialogus.

That's my prediction anyways.

Nah, Zephyrim are gonna swoop in last release like they're saving the day. Repentia will show up last release because they're repenting for being last release.

Well, that's actually really funny - and also really sad... 

The worst part about this release is that unless you managed to get one of the box sets, the only way new Sisters players can build legal detachments is to bring Celestine, Junith, and/or the Triumph without going third-party or scouring eBay for metal Canoness who may not even be legally armed non-Legends.

This probably isn't a big deal for most local groups, but for WHW events and most major tournaments it's huge since you're restricted to GW models and WYSIWYG/non-Legends armament.

It's sad because as of today, a brand new player could literally not begin an Adepta Sororitas army and have proper models for field a detachment. :ermm:

Does anyone know what is up with the Sisters Dice? Were they available for some time and now have disappeared from GW's website?? There are people selling them second hand for 40 dollars but I have no idea if/when they will officially be available again. 

Well to be fair, these new models are all plastic. This is what many claim are the only reason they didn't start collecting them years ago.

Now with plastic, anyone can convert most units. The sister box and the retributors box can make Celestians, Dominions, BSS, Retributors, Imagifier and Cannoness no worries- given enough boxes bought for spec/heavy weps. That is more than enough to make a battalion or spearhead or vanguard or outsider. And that's before we even count the Exorcist, Pengine/Morts

Junith, Triumph, Celestine, Geminae and Hospitaller available as well.

With some converting (and money) the entire range is constructable...assuming all these people who claim they were waiting for plastics were truly waiting for plastics for "ease of use and conversion" and not just wanting everything already made for them per kit in which case there was no reason they shouldn't have just been using the metals all these years, especially considering how small the price difference is between the old metals and new plastics.

I’m one of the ‘waiting for the plastics’ crowd simply as I knew the new models would be amazing (plus hate working with metal) and some conversions to be had. That being said, I think it is poor form that the only generic sisters hq in the book is either:

A. old finecast model still in range

B. old metal model oop

C. limited box set model with options they even got wrong in the book

D. customise your own.

Not a problem for me as still wading through the first 2 waves and allowing me more time to save for waves 3 and 4 (plus very little gaming time at present anyway). For others keen to play / tourney I can understand the frustrations though. It will be a month from now soonest until the final wave lands. Imagine if they’d released primaris marines with no captain option outside of a limited box and the only options were to convert one.

Edited by jimbo1701

I just wanted to have a 2k Bloody rose army ready for my meet up at Warhammer world
i got friends coming down from SCOOOOTland to visit..and wanted my own army at this rate it'll be part my army part of one of theirs
which could be fun since he has Wolves or Emperors children MAYBE Imp guard
And she has stinkyrot Nurgle turds

Dont do that to me..dont shatter my hopes and dreams like that haha:biggrin.:

It's sad because as of today, a brand new player could literally not begin an Adepta Sororitas army and have proper models for field a detachment. :ermm:

This is false, they absolutely could. Celestine, Junith, Triumph, Missionaries, Canoness Veridyan, and Taddeus are all available as HQs. You're able to build Troops, Fast Attack, and Elites from a single kit. You also have three Heavy Support choices available to you. If you're really stretching what is available, despite not being in an Adepta Sororitas box, the Rhino still remains ubiquitous. 

The only thing you can't really do as far as HQs go is buy the build your own Canoness kit. A new player can either build their list and play around that until it is no longer an issue (which is very soon), or if they're desperate enough they can very easily convert one given the vast amount of bits and bodies available to them from the kits already released. 

If you can't build a detachment, it isn't because there's a lack of units released, it is because you are trying to build a list with units not yet released. That is a very different statement from what you said, and I don't think it is worth even entertaining it as a valid criticism. 

Edited by Lemondish

Zephyrim...seraphim with power swords...sounds pretty simple to make to me...power swords seem to be in every box released so far...

As an older sisters player with an army full of metal models...welcome to the joys of playing Sisters. Get use to GW screwing you over, it goes hand in hand with playing the army. Whether it’s plastic, metal or rules. Welcome to the club.

This is false, they absolutely could. Celestine, Junith, Triumph, Missionaries, Canoness Veridyan, and Taddeus are all available as HQs. You're able to build Troops, Fast Attack, and Elites from a single kit. You also have three Heavy Support choices available to you. If you're really stretching what is available, despite not being in an Adepta Sororitas box, the Rhino still remains ubiquitous. 

The only thing you can't really do as far as HQs go is buy the build your own Canoness kit. A new player can either build their list and play around that until it is no longer an issue (which is very soon), or if they're desperate enough they can very easily convert one given the vast amount of bits and bodies available to them from the kits already released. 

If you can't build a detachment, it isn't because there's a lack of units released, it is because you are trying to build a list with units not yet released. That is a very different statement from what you said, and I don't think it is worth even entertaining it as a valid criticism. 

Define "very soon". Half of those are finecast which we were supposed to be moving away from. Also the handful of unique characters don't work for many events which don't allow them or Orders which they would make no sense running in. Why has it been 4 months since release and there's still no generic HQ available and 1 basic troop box is supposed to make 4 units in the army including elites? :rolleyes:

That's like Space Marines being released with only a handful of Captains and a tactical marines box which you have adapt to build everything from scouts to command.

Sisters need a separate plastic Cannoness kit, Celestians kit, Imagifier, Immolators and would be nice to have had some unique Sister Superiors like Space Marines get for Captains. 

It's sad because as of today, a brand new player could literally not begin an Adepta Sororitas army and have proper models for field a detachment. :ermm:

Define "very soon". Half of those are finecast which we were supposed to be moving away from. Also the handful of unique characters don't work for many events which don't allow them or Orders which they would make no sense running in. Why has it been 4 months since release and there's still no generic HQ available and 1 basic troop box is supposed to make 4 units in the army including elites? :rolleyes:

That's like Space Marines being released with only a handful of Captains and a tactical marines box which you have adapt to build everything from scouts to command.

Sisters need a separate plastic Cannoness kit, Celestians kit, Imagifier, Immolators and would be nice to have had some unique Sister Superiors like Space Marines get for Captains.

Your feelings on the delay are valid.

Hyperbolic nonsense to make the issues seem systemic is not.

Your argument also doesn't track well. You said a brand new player would not be able to make a detachment. That was proven false. They can.

You then shifted the goal posts by saying some units aren't useable in events. That is false. The only risk would be Legends, but those aren't Legends units.

Look, as I said in the opening of this post, your criticism is valid. Why has there been a gap between the announcement and release of the multi-part Canoness? We can truly only speculate. However, the delay (which is my theory) is bad enough already - you do not need to come up with a flimsy hypothetical brand new tournament player with discerning tastes in units to support the position. Can't we all just be normal upset about a situation without having to resort to blowing it out of proportion? We don't always need to be outraged, you know. Good, old-fashioned grumpy should suffice.

But if you're actually looking to attend a tournament then I can help with some suggestions on how to build out the missing units. Please note that while kitbashing may mitigate the impact of this lengthy release window, it doesn't invalidate your concerns. That isn't my intent when I share that there are workarounds. You can still simultaneously be upset about the release schedule while also fielding the very units in question, even if they are derived from the ingenuity of the community rather than a purpose built model kit.

Edited by Lemondish

The sisters squad box is a triple kit- it is designed to be built as BSS, doms or Celestians, meaning those three units HAVE been released.

The box contains 7 units: BSS, Arcos, Repentia, Repentia Superior, PE, Seraphim, Canoness. The BSS can be split into 2 units to give you 8 units if you want.

Of all our HQ, only Veridian is finecast.

Not saying that we don't need the rest of the army- we do. Just correcting some factual errors.

Considering I've waited since 2003 for any models, 4 months isn't even a blip on my radar.

Considering I've waited since 2003 for any models, 4 months isn't even a blip on my radar.

You know, Mankind is insatiable. That's what causes our failures and misery. :wink.:

I'm also affected by it, and I would have loved to be able to order all of the new Sisters releases - even I know, I cannot afford more than two boxes a month at max... On the other hand, we have some more time to be prepared for the new boxes. Maybe we could finish the assembling and painting the first ones until the missing kits are released. I just ordered my second box of BSS, I will divide them in two squads of 5, and in March (after I received my salary) I would like to order a third one. I hope, that with that I will be able to get the Seraphims too. If not, than I will have to buy the Exorcist... :tongue.:

The sisters squad box is a triple kit- it is designed to be built as BSS, doms or Celestians, meaning those three units HAVE been released.

The box contains 7 units: BSS, Arcos, Repentia, Repentia Superior, PE, Seraphim, Canoness. The BSS can be split into 2 units to give you 8 units if you want.

Not saying that we don't need the rest of the army- we do. Just correcting some factual errors.

Not everyone was able to get the box set. Those that didn't have access to the following HQs, especially if they don't play/collect Blackstone Fortress (I, for one, don't):

* Celestine

* Junith

* The Triumph

I won't add in the Missionaries because I've personally never seen blister packs for them beyond the old metal models that aren't readily available.

Currently, there is no generic plastic HQ choice available for new Sisters players who were not able to get the box set, and that is unacceptable.

Edited by taikishi

The box is no longer available unless want to pay extra to scalpers. A triple kit is a copout, really no command squad?? Missionaries and Priests are also finecast. Judith is only for Order of Our Martyred Lady meaning if you play any other order, you have to take Celestine and The Triumph or buy finecast models (single build) to fill FOC. It's not hyperbole to say the currently available model line is broken. 

Right now if you're wanting to run just the basic HQ, a Cannoness, you have to pay $100 to convert one from The Triumph or $250 for a second hand box set. Most expensive basic unnamed HQ in 40k at the moment? Okay maybe the Squad box is a supposed to be a quintuple kit? Troop, Dominion, Celestions, HQ, Imagifier? :teehee: 

I've been waiting since 2003 also, so I get the whole 4 months is nothing, but at this rate it's just frustrating especially given the Black Friday debacle. 

Edited by Astral Arcane

The box is no longer available unless want to pay extra to scalpers. A triple kit is a copout, really no command squad?? Missionaries and Priests are also finecast. Judith is only for Order of Our Martyred Lady meaning if you play any other order, you have to take Celestine and The Triumph or buy finecast models (single build) to fill FOC. It's not hyperbole to say the currently available model line is broken. 

Right now if you're wanting to run just the basic HQ, a Cannoness, you have to pay $100 to convert one from The Triumph or $250 for a second hand box set. Most expensive basic unnamed HQ in 40k at the moment? Okay maybe the Squad box is a supposed to be a quintuple kit? Troop, Dominion, Celestions, HQ, Imagifier? :teehee: 

I've been waiting since 2003 also, so I get the whole 4 months is nothing, but at this rate it's just frustrating especially given the Black Friday debacle. 

Command squads don't exist in 8E. They were broken up into individual character models.

And I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see more from the Sisters line until summer at the earliest. The box set was to fulfill the 2019 "promise", and quite honestly the stuff that should have been delivered "last" in a piecemeal release like this should have been Junith and/or the Triumph. Releasing Seraphim, Imagifiers and the multi-part Canoness all are higher priority to getting new players into the army.

Gw have already said in the community post replies that the rest is coming in March across several releases.

In terms of future additions, these wave releases have updated all the metal models and added a couple of extra units via multi build sets, ie mortifiers and zephyrim. Similar to the genecult release I expect within 2 years they’ll get an expansion with new units.

@Astral Arcane, if you're willing to buy 2nd [ie. ebay], you certainly do not have to buy the box to get the cannoness. There are DOZENS of sellers selling individual pieces from every box set in the GW range; the only barrier to you getting a plastic canoness right now is your willingness to use ebay, or your dissatisfaction with the LE box sculpt. If either of those objections are an issue for you, then I feel for you, and absolutely get where you're coming from- there are valid reasons to object to these things.

@takishi releasing the Triumph and Junith is a decision that GW made for the old players who might only be adding those models to their army because they already have 100+ painted metal models that they love. It's a reward for 17 years of faith. Personally, I believe that the new sculpts are SO good that even those folks will eventually decide to upgrade, but I still think that it was nice of GW to give people new hotness out of the gate. Also, as you point out, any of the models in that procession CAN be used as a counts-as canonesses, though WYSIWYG purists might give you a rough time. I'm gonna do it, though I'm a casual- narrative- escalation campaign, so I can pretty much do anything reasonable. 

The things that were done to attract new players were making 3 of the Blackstone characters ministorum models, then making those available without buying the full game, then releasing a big box with wide variety of sisters units. It was a mistake to make it impossible for Knosso Prond to fight as part of a battle conclave with her DCA sisters.

The other mistake they made was including the book, which discouraged multiple box purchases. It would have dropped the price low enough on the box that I would have sprung for 2 + Dex on pre-ordrer.

I'm hoping the Seraphim drop does happen in March. I only had 10 metal seraphim. I'll probably end up with 20 seraphim + 20 Zephyrim. One squad of 10 and two squads of 5 for each. They're pretty expensive though, so maybe just 3 MSU of each.

I never pointed out using the Triumph models as canoni in their own right.

As for the release, following your argument for longtime players, what they should have done is released one of the two (personally, I would say the Triumph since it's Order neutral) and the multipart canoness, then released the other in one of the later waves.

Where Blackstone Fortress is concerned, you also forget that Pious Vorne breaks Order Convictions because she has none of the relevant keywords.

=][= As has been pointed out, GW has stated that the next batch of models are due sometime in March. It's a little disappointing that they havent all been launched yet, but for whatever reason, this is how things are. So I'm closing the topic =][=

gallery_26_548_17394.gif