Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

House of Chains – Ogryns in the Underhive

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,878 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

How does the middle one puts on the lobo-helmet? It's substantially narrower than the ogryn head? huh.png

I dont think it's a helmet...they're called lobo slaves for a reason.

One of them has it on his waist, implying that it is a helmet.

Antarius

Antarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 966 posts

How does the middle one puts on the lobo-helmet? It's substantially narrower than the ogryn head? :huh:

Yeah. Honestly, I think the weird thing is including it as a piece of kit on his belt. I had the same impression as Cryptix and I think that makes sense (especially with the weird shapes of the lobo-helmets).

"The Bolter is the truth. It is the gift given to us by the Emperor for our valour. With it we are whole. Without it we are diminished." - Book of Aphael, verse 42.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,660 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
Don’t you buy masks in Necromunda to stop certain effects?

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,148 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor
Yeah that one in the belt looked more like a welding mask?

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,159 posts

How does the middle one puts on the lobo-helmet? It's substantially narrower than the ogryn head? huh.png

The belt one could simply be a mask while the other Ogryn might have their helmet grafted to their head. I don't see how the two scenarios are mutually exclusive, especailly the rag-tag nature of gangs in the Underhive where things must be scavenged from all sorts of places.

• Antarius and The Observer like this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,439 posts

Presumably the box is 2 models, one of which can be built as the special character, on the right in that image. 

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageXX

++ The Baalite Feast of Blades 2016; 2018 ++

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

The belt one could simply be a mask while the other Ogryn might have their helmet grafted to their head. I don't see how the two scenarios are mutually exclusive, especailly the rag-tag nature of gangs in the Underhive where things must be scavenged from all sorts of places.

Of course, why anyone would wear a mask that has no eye-lenses or optics, and has an oversized fan blowing wind over one's nose is anyone'd guess. happy.png

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,254 posts

Someone with eyestrain and a blocked nose? That's the best I've got! :P

These models do indeed have some interesting potential for combat servitors by the look of it. Many Mechanicus players are bound to have spare guns from their Kataphron servitors and I'm sure with some creativity they can be fitted to the ogryns. The Big Mek part of my brain is also wondering if it would be possible to make Tinboyz out of them. :D

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users