2 arm Shadowsun

Rogue Crusader

While I'm loving 90% of the new sculpt I'm not too keen on the extra set of arms so I decided to put it to the knife. I removed the fusion blasters from the secondary arms and transplanted them to her regular arms. The secondary arms were left off and replaced with vector fins made from a 5mm bead and the lower leg wings from a Coldstar. Presto! no more Commander Goro, the rest is stock. 

0864BCBF C4DE 417E A26B B83DD69BA2AE

Shadowsun conversion

Shadowsun

Shadowsun

Edited by Rogue Crusader

Nothing won, nothing lost with that conversion in my eyes.

If I put the knife to the new model I'd rather go and make a pose where the additional pair of arms makes more sense over completely removing them.

I'm definitely going to considering doing this when I have a chance to take in the model in person. I'm still not sure how I feel about the extra arms.

Really nice conversion job. You wouldn't even know anything had been changed out unless you knew what to look for.

One of the problems with the secondary arms is that they wouldn't be very functional as situated. Their range of motion overlaps with the standard arms which would make it unable to point the guns straight forward unless the arms were fully extended forward and resting on top of the pilots shoulders which would be rather unwieldy and doesn't make much sense. Going back to the arm configuration grants it better articulation and more important IMO it matches the established visual aesthetic that Tau has. There aren't any other suits with multiple arms and it makes it a bit jarring when placed alongside other stealth suits or ghostkeels. Aside from the extra arms her suit shares a lot of other common elements with the stealth line up, by losing the arms she fits in much better while making the suit a bit more functional looking. But to each their own.

Profile & rear pic added above

Well it's a named character. It's okay if she doesn't look exactly like established visual aesthetics of the faction. No other Blood Angel looks anywhere like Mephiston either for example.

You sold me on the two arms Rogue Crusader-- while I will build shadowsun as is, I was also considering getting a second shadowsun model for a CA2018 "create your own" character conversion, and will definitely be going with the two arms for that model.  What did you use for the ball/orb portion of the extra thruster you put in the socket?  (Nice use of the commander ankle fin bits there by the way)