Lord Uglor Does Necromunda

Lord Uglor

@ Reyner - Thanks!  I just wanted something that wasn't quit so...League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and more The Dark Knight Rises.

@ Brother Chaplain Kage - Ask, and ye shall receive!  Threw a regular Goliath, a Forge Born and a Strimmer in there too.

GSizeComp.jpg

Tried to line them up best as I could.  Hope it's helpful. 

Holy God Emperor! I expected the Zerker to be comically oversized, but not the stimmers, at least not to that extent. I'm actually less excited to pick mine up now. The prospects however look amazing.

Yeah, I'm not sold on the stimmers either, but I also really like the prospects. Perhaps I'll use the stimmers as the basis for a zerker conversion, as I think they're about the size I imagine a zerker to be (more like a grotesquely overgrown human than the size of a dreadnought or ambot...).

Yes, he's just a bit of an absolute unit!  The Stimmers are huge, but they also have some sort of piston type thing going on with their boots which doesn't help their proportions.

I have however done all the painting I wish to do on my Zerker, and am calling Bane done!

ZerkerF(2).jpg

ZerkerR(1).jpg

ZerkerL.jpg

ZerkerL2(2).jpg

Now on to paint more Goliaths.

Looks great - much better than the original.  My only quibble is that the position of his left arm would feel more natural if the model was looking to its right - though that might only because the misshapen nature of the model emphasizes what the left side of the model is doing over the right.

@ Dr_Ruminahui - Thanks!  I see what you mean, but it's not something that bothers me enough to change it.

I have finished a Stimmer and 2 Forge-Born.  

GoliathF(2).jpg

GoliathL(2).jpg

GoliathR(2).jpg

I've got 7 or so normal Goliaths to paint, not including the other half of the Stimmer/Forge-Born box, and then I'll be starting a new gang, most likely Van Saars.

Been a few days, managed to finish 5 more Goliaths.  No names, cause they're not going to be my gang, but my son's.

GoliathFront1.jpg

GoliathBack1.jpg

Not overly happy with the darker skin tone I tried, but my son likes it so I can't be bothered to change it.

Next two, including his gang leader.

GoliathFront2.jpg

GoliathBack2.jpg

So only 6 more to paint (2 Forge-Born, 1 Stimmer and 3 Gangers) and all Goliaths are finished, but he has more than enough to make a gang with what is painted.

The boys are home for March Break, so we're hoping to get a few games of Necromunda in, as well as some Titanicus.  Hopefully the remaining models won't take me that long.

Managed to finish the last 3 Goliath gangers last night!

GoliathFront3.jpg

GoliathBack3.jpg

There are only 3 more to go (2 Forge-Born and a Stimmer) then I am done with Goliaths.  Not sure which gang I'll transition to yet.  I own all the gangs out so far (though I think I'm giving away the Eschers to a friend of my son, to get another player hooked), plus several other FW Necromunda miniatures.  Any Suggestions?

@ Dosjetka - Thanks!  Yes, that is the plan, save the Escher which I'm giving away.  I currently own all the gangs released so far, and eventually will work my way through them all. I like to have gangs around in case I can get people into the game, and already painted gangs make that a simple task.  I have a few of the Forge World characters, and will work them in too.

The not-Juves look good! Could I ask how you and your son paint the bases for your Necromunda models? It's a nice scheme and I wouldn't mind recplicating it or doing something similar for mine. :tu:

@ Dosjetka - Thanks!  The bases we use are just a simple variation of the same theme.  I started doing the green theme, and my son asked if he could have a 'cleaner' looking theme for his Palanites, and I came up with the white one.  They are as follows:

White scheme:

Base of Celestra Grey

Shade, in recesses only, of a Skrag Brown/Lahmian medium 50/50 mix

Dry brush (lightly) Ulthuan Grey

Sponge randomly with Rhinox Hide, paying more attention to edges

Sponge randomly with Runefang Steel (or another metallic silver of your liking), paying more attention to the Rhinox areas

Repaint the rim in Abaddon Black

Clear cote base

Green scheme:

Base of Straken Green, though any 'military' green is good (now I use a Rust-oleum Spray paint, Army Green, just for speed)

Shade, in recesses only, of a Skrag Brown/Lahmian medium 50/50 mix

Dry brush (lightly) Screaming Skull

Sponge randomly with Rhinox Hide, paying more attention to edges

Sponge randomly with Runefang Steel (or another metallic silver of your liking), paying more attention to the Rhinox areas

Repaint the rim in Abaddon Black

Clear cote base

I use the same basic schemes for my Zone Mortalis tiles, but I don't use the Skrag/Lahmian wash on the tiles.  I use Agrax Earthshade for the green tiles, and Nuln Oil on the white tiles.

Hope this helps.

Hello, all!  It's been a few days since I've posted any pics, but I have not been inactive, no indeed!  I have finished my Cawdor gang, with a couple of caveats.  First, I have managed to lose one of my gangers.  No idea where he went, but it was a pole armed bro. Second, and less embarrassing, I managed to get some orders in to Forge World (which made it out before the Great Shuttering) and the Cawdor Executioner will be here Friday!

Now, back in the day, the Cawdors were my gang.  Not that I didn't have others, but they were my first love, and most used and converted,  This current plastic iteration, I love the look of, not the kit.  They might be the fiddliest bunch of minis I've ever assembled.  Terrible attachment points!  However, I'm sure you didn't come here to hear me whining, so on to the pics!

I present to you, the Letterkenny Hicks.

First, my Leader, Glennn.

Cawdor%20LeaderF.jpg

Cawdor%20LeaderB.jpg

Next up is my champion, Big Shoots.

Cawdor%20ChampionF.jpg

Cawdor%20ChampionB.jpg

Next up, Gangers Riley (L) and Squirley Dan.

Cawdor%20Ganger1F.jpg

Cawdor%20Ganger1B.jpg

Gangers Shoresy (L) and Jonesy.

Cawdor%20Ganger2F.jpg

Cawdor%20Ganger2B.jpg

And finally, from left to right, Roald, Stewart and Derry.

Cawdor%20Ganger3F.jpg

Cawdor%20Ganger3B.jpg

That is all for them, until the Executioner arrives, and/or I find the wayward ganger.

I am currently woting on my Van Saars, the Van Saar Action Stars.  They are an update of my first gen gang of the same name, modelled after action hero characters for the 80's and 90's.  I have a set of Forge World heads, and also one of their weapons sets too.  I'm just trying to decide on how to update the original colour scheme I had while I'm building.

Let me know what you think, both of the minis and my new photo setup.  Its nothing special, just a piece of poster board, but the shadows are getting me a little angered.

So, I know that I said I was working on Van Saars next, and I am building them, I have been distracted while I figure out what colour scheme to do them.

This was originally going to just be a one off Brute for whichever gang, but I have become so enamored with him that I am making him the first member of the Slave Ogryn gang.  I judge him to be taller and beefier than the forthcoming plastic models, but the extra bulk could be attributed to where they might be working within the hive, and the hazard gear they wear because of it.

Here's pics!

JotuunF.jpg

Here he is with Arc Welder and Augmetic fist.

JotuunR1.jpg

JotuunL.jpg

I have magnetized the Welder to be removable so I can run with the dual fists as well.

JotuunR2.jpg

I will make one of the other two capable of taking a Storm Welder as well, and make one of them lobotomized.

Let me know what your thinking!

@ Bjorn Firewalker  - Thanks!  Yeah that was kind of the intention.  I see this guy, and the other two like him, being from a hazardous waste area of the hive, and I'll run them as having the Servo rig to account for their bigger look.  I'm assuming that Ogryn aren't too picky when it comes to their gang membership, so when the plastics come out, I'll use them as 'normal' ogryns.

Well, I enjoyed making the first one so much, that I had to finish the second one too.  

I present to you, Lobototron 5000!

With dual augmetic fists.

LobotF.jpg

LobotLs.jpg

With Rock Cutter.

LobotRC.jpg

With Rock Saw.

LobotRS.jpg

And with yet to be painter Storm Welder.

LobotSW.jpg

Looking at the rules in House of Chains, these Ogryns will be outfitted with Servo harnesses to account for their bulk and different look to the not yet released plastic ones.  I'm a big fan of magnetizing these minis.  I just like the greater weapon options available in House of Chains.  I figure I'll finish the third one in the next couple of days, and still have to do my Van Saar colour scheme test.  Let me know what you guys think

@ Bjorn Firewalker - Thank you!

Well, I finally found my wayward ganger and finished of the Executioner.  

I present to you, Wayne the Executioner and McMurray the ganger!

Executioner1.jpg

Executioner2.jpg

Not much else done for Necromunda this weekend as I was building my second Warbringer Nemesis titan for Adeptus Titanicus, and ran into problems with that build.  Hopefully I'll finish off my third Ogryn and put up some Van Saars soon.