A Psychic Scream - Greater Good Mortal Wound Mayhem

GuardDaddy

Theory Crafting....

Psychic Conclave gives a 1CP boost to Primaris Psyker with Wyrdvane Support.

1 CP: Psychic Conclave - If Wyrdvane Psyker within 6" of Primaris Pysker - both get +2 to cast for duration of phase and can cast additional power

This struck me as good value as either of the two buffs are good, and both are strong. As a fan of guard psykers - I think they are hugely underrated - I thought about putting together an example of what an 'all in' approach would like. 

I've included statistical chance of getting powers off.

Taking average chance of success as 50%+ - this 173pt set up gets on average 8 mortal wounds a turn.

40pts: Aradia Madellam 

Psychic Augment -(Friendly unit +1 to hit) (8)  - 6 with Psychic Conclave (72%)

SMITE 1 (5) - 3 with Psychic Conclave (97%)

Becomes Super SMITE on 9+ (28%)

42pts: 6 Wyrdvane Psykers -

SMITE 2 (6) - 4 with Psychic Conclave (50%)

Mental Fortitude (Auto-pass morale) (4) -  2 with Psychic Conclave (83%)

46pts: Primaris Pyker

SMITE 3 (7) - (58%)

15pts: Astropath (laspistol)

Psychic Maelstrom (mortal wound on 2/3/4/5/6) (7) - (58%)

Nightshroud (-1 to hit friendly unit) 6 (72%)

Psychic Barrier (+1 Saving throw) 6 (72%)

On the one hand yes, but...Wyrdvane's are still rubbish and will die instantly. In order to Smite/be in range for the strat they have to be fairly close to the enemy, which they won't like. :-/

And outside of Psychic Maelstrom and Acadia's power, I don't see it worth it bringing them in just for the strat. I'd rather use the CP for a reroll if needed I think.

On the one hand yes, but...Wyrdvane's are still rubbish and will die instantly. In order to Smite/be in range for the strat they have to be fairly close to the enemy, which they won't like. :-/

And outside of Psychic Maelstrom and Acadia's power, I don't see it worth it bringing them in just for the strat. I'd rather use the CP for a reroll if needed I think.

oh yeah they are still achingly bad - no charachter key word so can get nuked! Interested in seeing how you could leverage the buff though. They more than double effectiveness of Primaris Psyker, 2x spell AND +2. So even 3, hidden - can buff up the Psyker. 

Considering that wyrdvanes require CP and a primaris psyker to be usable I'd still probably take the astropath. Sure the astropath sucks at smite, but I can get 3 astropaths for the price of 1 primaris psyker. To get 3 casts you would need to spend 67 points. There's only 3 psychic powers from the psykana discipline worth taking and an astropath is just fine for casting those powers.