Favourite Dark Angel units?

Skywrath

What are your favourite DA units?

Personally mine would be the Deathwing Knights. Strength 8, AP -2, D2. Combine that with the warlord trait Lay Low the Mighty and Mantra of Strength, turns out to be a very spicy combination.

Not a unit unique to us, but my favourite is the dreadnought. Everything about it I love.

Their design, their weapons, their stats, their stratagems, and their lore. Dark and terrible though it may be, nothing speaks to me about the devotion and dedication of a marine, more than being entombed in a dreadnought, to carry on fighting throughout the ages.

Land Speeders.

Similar to what Berzul said, they aren't unique to DA, but they still ended up as an Iconic DA unit.

I love the idea of them zipping through a ruined city hunting down aliens and traitors.  The burp of the assault cannons, the explosions of the Krak Missiles.  All the dust they stir up obscuring their numbers.

Azrael. Really presents the Dark Angels as the Arthurian Knights they are, while still being classically Space Marine. Shame he’s looking dated and out of scale now, but he still captures a lot of the essence of the Dark Angels that I feel a lot of the later models missed (Deathwing Knights, while a great set of sculpts, just look like a bunch of armoured Benedictine monks in green and bone)

While I am building another Deathwing army with the terminator hero’s as the base. I simply love a full unit of Intercessors with stalker bolt guns. With our new doctrine they kill Iron Hands so good.

And in the end isn’t killing Iron Hands all that really matters?

My personal favourite is humble Tactical Squad. From the depths of 4th edition codex till now my Deathwing endures the storm of fire, Ravenwing takes swift strikes on the enemy's soft spots, and Tacticals... Well, Tacticals win the games. Most of the time a game is lost if I can't effectively manage Tacticals to provide support where and when they are needed.

I think I have to make two choices here.

Generic Space Marine Unit: Dreadnought. This is the model that got me into 40k.I love my boxnought, and my metal Venerable Dreadnought is even cooler. There have been New Dreadnoughts (Redemptor), old Dreadnoughts (Contemptor, Leviathan, Deredeo) but the humble Castraferrum murder-coffin remains my most beloved unit available to Space Marines.

Dark Angels unique unit: Deathwing Terminator Squad. I got into Dark Angels with 4th Edition. Being able to take a Terminator Squad that could mix'n'match melee and ranged weapons, could 1-2 punch with Ravenwing support and could be a Troops Choice was just awesome. Now they have Terminator mounted plasma cannons. That's just awesome.

It used to be Sgt Naaman, just because he was a scout sergeant with an epic story and it was nice trying to be as heroic as possible with him in games. Model, not so much.

These days I love my Interrogator Chaplains, any variety, they're just awesome bopping around the board literally taking names.

Edited by G8Keeper

Currently it's Ezekiel for a number of reasons.

He can take 3 powers he has a 2+4++ and an S5 sword and the bigger they are the more aversion hurts. He's been the single biggest thorn against imperial knights coming up with mind wipe on a number of occasions.

Honorouble mention to the interrogator chaplain on bike who at his height in 7th gave instant death a new face

What are your favourite DA units?

Personally mine would be the Deathwing Knights. Strength 8, AP -2, D2. Combine that with the warlord trait Lay Low the Mighty and Mantra of Strength, turns out to be a very spicy combination.

It's a very spicy combo because you are not allowed to do that : Mantra of Strength only affect the Chaplain that use this litany, not a friendly unit.

Deathwing. I just adore terminators - add robes, and they're even better. I'm sad that there isn't a place for them in my current Primaris project, but I wouldn't be surprised if I loop back around to doing something with them eventually.