Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 6 - Saga of the Beast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,234 posts
The build up to Saga of the Beast is starting! In today's story, the Obsidian Jaguars chapter are struggling to repel an Ork Waagh of unprecedented magnitude attacking their Fortress Monastery.

https://www.warhamme...hGlrQbqLLRcxxzg

Edited by Karhedron, 17 February 2020 - 01:59 PM.

Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Arentius

Arentius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Do we know who these guys are?

I know there was a deathwatch chapter called the Blood Jaguars way back when

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Do we know who these guys are?

I know there was a deathwatch chapter called the Blood Jaguars way back when

I couldn't find much on em

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,234 posts
They look like a Chapter that have had little or no previous mention (and thus are likely to be killed off with equally little fanfare).

The main take-away from this is that they seem to be on friendly terms with the Space Wolves having fought alongside them in the past and been gifted a relic Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank for their efforts. On 3 occasions the Chapter Master thinks of the Wolves:

Morkai’s Roar, the Chapter’s prized relic Arcus Strike Tank, was also silent. Awakening the millennia-old vehicle was already an act of grim desperation, the thought of its potential loss was almost too much to bear. It had been a gift from the Space Wolves after the two Chapters had fought side by side against the Heretic Astartes on Bennghil VII.

What I would do for but a score of Wolves to fight with us this day, Meznan thought. He had never seen such potent savagery, such deadly warrior skill nor such battle fury than that of the Space Wolves. Their Chapters’ combined strengths could surely turn the tide, were they here.

We cannot hold, he thought. Not unless our brothers return, or the Wolves somehow come.

It looks to me like the Obsidian Jaguars are simply being used to set the stage for the Wolves to sweep to the rescue.
  • Prot, totgeboren, Shinespider and 2 others like this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts
Orks slight teaser out today.

Ghaz is redemptor size, look in da background waaaaghhhhh

https://www.warhamme...02/c2f6216b.jpg
banana

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,064 posts

It's a canonical chapter that seems to have a Mesoamerican cultural theme, which is neat. But yeah, they're just taking the fall so the Space Wolves can be heroic. 

Edited by Shinespider, 17 February 2020 - 04:05 PM.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 431 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

"You can find out exactly what the Orks are up to as Saga of the Beast, the next chapter of Psychic Awakening, is released soon."

So soon means what? two weeks before pre-order?

• Juggernut likes this

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

"You can find out exactly what the Orks are up to as Saga of the Beast, the next chapter of Psychic Awakening, is released soon."

So soon means what? two weeks before pre-order?

Judging by pa5.

March 7th preorder?
banana

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts

yep March 7 according to my calculations

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 498 posts

It's a canonical chapter that seems to have a Mesoamerican cultural theme, which is neat. But yeah, they're just taking the fall so the Space Wolves can be heroic.

They are the redshirts of the marine chapters.
  • templargdt likes this

Aramis K

Aramis K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 622 posts
  • Faction: Ω XX Ω
I wonder what the crystal on Makari's wrist is?

And where his boot is torn his foot looks like similar crystal.

Some warp artifact that explains his luck and how he's still around...?
I'm on Instagram as Aramis_esq

Mentor Legion, Deathwatch, and bastard geneseed log
"Officially, they were designated the Unnumbered Sons of the Primarchs, but they called themselves the Greyshields. They were the new sons of old science, and they had no fraternity but their own."

My Heresy Alpha Legion log - XX in progress

Paturabo

Paturabo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts

It's probably Makari's toenail coming out of his shoe but I'm sure the crystal has something to do with his luck/return (that or Ghaz forgot he sat on him and resurrected Makari through sheer belief)

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 839 posts

They are the redshirts of the marine chapters.

The point is made that a considerable portion of the chapter is off-world, so even if the Sabre is overrun it wouldn't preclude a future appearance. Which is a good thing as they seem interesting enough to do something with down the road.

• mithrilforge likes this

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 684 posts

Don't be too sure of that. The Obsidian Glaives explicitly only had the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 9th and 10th companies on Obstiria when it fell to the Red Waaagh, and yet the chapter was still described as being destroyed.

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,701 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

I cannot express how excited I am for big Ghazghkull. 

• Son of Carnelian likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,590 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I wonder what the crystal on Makari's wrist is?

Some warp artifact that explains his luck and how he's still around...?

It’s a shock prod: that way a Ork that sits on him (accidentally or otherwise) knows he is there.

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

OtherBarry

OtherBarry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Orkz

Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the original Makari.  Knowing Ghaz, he would probably rename all of his new assistants to Makari.

Edited by OtherBarry, 17 February 2020 - 07:11 PM.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,014 posts
I think OtherBarry is right, why would Ghaz bother learning a new name for his assistant.

I like the new chapter hopefully they show up a bit in background. Seemed weird that space wolves would gift them a relic, but it makes me curious of what they went through together.

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
7th of March as a possible order date? Perhaps it’s part of the reveal at the NY Toy Fair next week?

Leaving it a bit late GW! Can’t wait to see him in the plastic though.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts

yep March 7 according to my calculations

So Ghazz missed Orktober but will come in Morkch instead? With my birthday on the 21st, I might actually end up jumping on the bandbattlewagon!
  • mithrilforge likes this

SpiritFox22

SpiritFox22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts

I'm curious as to which of the named characters are gonna get Primaris'd, though the safe bet would be Ragnar due to his models age.

Edited by Dosjetka, 19 February 2020 - 06:45 AM.
=][= Removed off-topic chatter. =][=

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,050 posts

Though honestly I'm curious as to which of the named characters are gonna get Primaris'd, though the safe bet would be Ragnar due to his models age.

It's entirely possible it's none for this book. The only book that had more than one was the Eldar way back when.

I'm not saying it won't happen at all but possibly not in saga of the beast.

That said, box of wolves and orks was a rumour and we've got the ork like boots from rumour engine to solve yet. Who knows?! (GW clearly do but that's by the by.)

Edited by Dosjetka, 19 February 2020 - 06:47 AM.
=][= Removed off-topic chatter. =][=

Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

NatBrannigan

NatBrannigan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,152 posts

2 named Characters will be Ghaz and Markari of course.

Can't see Wolves getting one unfortunately, but if that's the case i'm glad Orks and the big boy himself get the spotlight.

I also strongly suspect Wolves will only get the copy / past Doctrines and some extra rule when they get to assault. Horray....

• Are Verlo likes this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,130 posts
Am tempted to overanalyse that every type of vehicle mentioned in the story was named eg predator, whirlwind, but it just said gunship...primaris flyers are therefore a million percent confirmed
  • Biscuittzz likes this

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,829 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

2 named Characters will be Ghaz and Markari of course.

Can't see Wolves getting one unfortunately, but if that's the case i'm glad Orks and the big boy himself get the spotlight.

I also strongly suspect Wolves will only get the copy / past Doctrines and some extra rule when they get to assault. Horray....

I find it very difficult to believe GW will miss a chance to release another Primaris character.

• Lanparth likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users