Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 6 - Saga of the Beast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

PiƱaColada

PiƱaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

Same, I find it very difficult to believe that SW won't get a new/updated primaris character. Those Orks vs SW boxset rumour have persisted for so long and with a new Ghaz and several orky looking rumour engines it wouldn't surprise me if it all materialises in March. Of course, the SW side of that box might be a bit sad in comparison then with only a new character being the new sculpt on their side. However, Ghaz is probably not going in the box either IMO due to him becoming the flagship ork product and we know that the primarchs sell exceptionally well.  

But a new KFF mek, accompanied with skarboy/'ardboy models (that RE boot) and potentially kommandos (RE binoculars) and/or something that hasn't even been teased versus new SW char and random primaris stuff doesn't seem all that crazy to me. PA6 is probably a two-weeker IMO since Ghaz will have his own release slot and not swamped in with all the new PA rules I'd imagine.

• Lanparth likes this

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 939 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

Am tempted to overanalyse that every type of vehicle mentioned in the story was named eg predator, whirlwind, but it just said gunship...primaris flyers are therefore a million percent confirmed

Picked up on this myself. Every vehicle present was name dropped except the flyers. They were also mentioned as 'sleek' whereas they have never been mentioned that before.

Interesting all the same.

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,724 posts
  • Faction: Confessors
You know, there have been rumors of a space wolves vs. orks boxset floating around in the past as well as primaris ragnar and beast sized ghaz. Not to mention the rumor engine picture of the possible ork boot from a few weeks back. Also, we've already had a boxset in psychic awakening with the blood of the Phoenix box-- maybe we will be getting another box set with this books release? Not like its outside the realm of possibility.
  • betrayer41 likes this
gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.pnggallery_30308_9518_8597.jpg

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

Heck, just because we know there's a Makari and Friend release coming hardly disproves Ragnar just because other recent books have only had 1.  After all, the first book had what, 2 characters and 1 unit (or was it two?  Forget if the Incubi were new or just a rebox).  And we also have a pretty good inkling Engine War will have a lot of new stuff for Admech.  So no reason this couldn't too.

• betrayer41 likes this

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,066 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Im definitely leaning on the side of Boxset with Ghaz and a new unit and Prime Ragnar and existing Primaris unit

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

If the Wolves are the only first founding Chapter left without a named Primaris character, Ragnar or otherwise, it'll be an actual sign that GW have gone completely nuts.

That or it's coming later. Or it means Russ is coming.

You know, one of the three.

• Triszin likes this

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts
Iam also leaning on a boxset for 3 reasons
1. Spacewolves will be the only first founding chapter with no named primaris (the icepelt guy is already in the start collecting and dark angels and blood angels got leutenants like icepelt plus named primaris)
2. There is a rumor engine image of an ork boot...and the sw side can easily get a generic primaris squad with a new datasheet for example... greyhunter intercessors (like they did with death company intercessors)
3.locking gaz and let's say ragnar in a box set = sold out the first nanoseconds of its preorder

Edited by lonewolf81, 18 February 2020 - 04:42 PM.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts
I'm still saying, ghaz only. Only rules for wolves.

It's better to set expectations low.
  • Bryan Blaire and 01RTB01 like this
banana

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts
I only want solid rules for wolves with or without new models :)

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,583 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

I wonder if SW get a form of "Hunter's Instincts" for their Super Doctrine-esque ability; something along the lines of being able to Outflank within 9" of a board edge/6" of an enemy and/or pushing enemy deep strikers out to 12" naturally. That would hard counter a lot of forces for sure, but it would be an interesting play on their innate abilities and not just another smashy chapter that roids out*.

*Sure, I'm a bit biased, but I do think the stabby marines tend to be a bit too similar at times. 

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Arkhanist

Arkhanist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, GSC, Death Guard

I only want solid rules for wolves with or without new models smile.png

Given the seriously subpar genestealer cults 'update' and the FAQ nerf BA got to make them strictly worse than codex marines, amongst others,..

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment, etc.

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

gallery_53969_15812_3395.gif gallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg gallery_48988_15465_4294.png gallery_48988_15094_4883.png

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts
For the guys who play wolves in 8th disappointment is their middle name:)
  • TiguriusX and Rune Priest Jbickb like this

PJ1933

PJ1933

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,166 posts

Too optimistic by half.

it will be Markari and a copy and paste set of rules for the Wolves just like their fantastic codex release that was messed up and errated before release msn-wink.gif

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Too optimistic by half.

it will be Markari and a copy and paste set of rules for the Wolves just like their fantastic codex release that was messed up and errated before release msn-wink.gif

Lmao, yes, I'm sure Games Workshop will totally put a Xenos faction in the spotlight and lavish attention on them, leaving the MARINES to languish. Totally. That's been the precedent for PA so far, absolutely. 

• PJ1933 and Shinespider like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

Dulahan

Dulahan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 750 posts
  • Faction: Custodes, Eldar, Admech

Too optimistic by half.

Lmao, yes, I'm sure Games Workshop will totally put a Xenos faction in the spotlight and lavish attention on them, leaving the MARINES to languish. Totally. That's been the precedent for PA so far, absolutely. 

I mean... Phoenix Rising totally had Space Marines galore in it... just saying.  

(Yes, I know I defended the wolves earlier, but I agree it could easily go the other way too!)

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,270 posts

=][= Folks, please keep the discussion focussed on the upcoming product that is Psychic Awakening 6: Saga of the Beast and affiliated model releases. Your thoughts about Space Wolves, Orks, Obsidian Jaguars, or a myriad of other things are off-topic and will be removed with extreme prejudice. Thank you. =][=

Edited by Dosjetka, 19 February 2020 - 06:54 AM.

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts
There is a new galactic waaaagh map on the warhammer Facebook.

There's a massive waagh fairly close to sol system
banana

nanosquid

nanosquid

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts

There is a new galactic waaaagh map on the warhammer Facebook.
There's a massive waagh fairly close to sol system

Oh boy, I hope the Boyz get to flex their political acumen on the Imperial Senate again.
  • Lord Marshal likes this

Azaiel

Azaiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 431 posts
  • Faction: Deathwatch, Orks

New article up with our main Grot Makari:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Yes! 2+ invul!

Edited by Azaiel, 19 February 2020 - 03:39 PM.

• Lexington, Fulkes, Karhedron and 1 other like this

gallery_48988_15738_17267.pngsml_gallery_48988_15094_13427.png

OtherBarry

OtherBarry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Orkz

It seems the footnotes confirm that Makari is just a name Ghaz gives to his personal Grots.

Also the "Goff Gretchin" rule seems to imply that Ghaz will continue to be Goff only as well..

• SufficientAnonymity likes this

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,630 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA
Makari is hilarious. A 4 wound grot with S/T 3, a 2++, a melee weapon that can do d3 mortal wounds, and he allows grots to use his oh-so-high leadership of 6? I cant wait to see his points. A shame he's a Goff, I'd run him just for laughs.
  • Triszin, OrkPlayer137, Preliminary Bombardment and 3 others like this

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Triszin

Triszin

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts
I can't wait to see what else is in the book
banana

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Wonderful character.

-~Ishagu~-

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

I love it, that 2+ Invul is hilarious

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

Makari is hilarious. A 4 wound grot with S/T 3, a 2++, a melee weapon that can do d3 mortal wounds, and he allows grots to use his oh-so-high leadership of 6? I cant wait to see his points. A shame he's a Goff, I'd run him just for laughs.

I hope he turns out to be an HQ character, just so we can run grot hordes for giggles.

• Focslain, toaae and klisof like this

we_badge_ezra.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users