Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 6 - Saga of the Beast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

New article up with our main Grot Makari:

https://www.warhamme...omepage-post-1/

Yes! 2+ invul!

Looks like 4 ablative wounds you can shuffle high damage weapons onto instead of making Ghaz take a lascannon to the face early game.
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,041 posts

I love it, that 2+ Invul is hilarious

It's legendary ;)
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

lonewolf81

lonewolf81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 583 posts

Yes! 2+ invul!

Looks like 4 ablative wounds you can shuffle high damage weapons onto instead of making Ghaz take a lascannon to the face early game.

he will probably be a character and character

s cant screen other characters

even with grot shieds his inv and 4 wounds are wasted the way the strat works ,isnt that right?

Edited by lonewolf81, 19 February 2020 - 06:01 PM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,630 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA

even with grot shieds his inv and 4 wounds are wasted the way the strat works ,isnt that right?

Right. Grot shields doesn't do damage, it flat out kills a model. We'll need a rule or a stratagem to see if Makari has any use other than being a meme.

But he'd be one hell of a meme.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Yes! 2+ invul!

That is unless he and Ghaz deploy as a single unit.
Then you could shuffle high damage weapons onto him without any problems and would effectively let Ghaz break the targetable-character wound cap without pushing his actual wound count past that limit.

Edited by Fulkes, 19 February 2020 - 07:51 PM.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

toaae

toaae

++ SECURIFER VIRIDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,630 posts
  • Faction: Orks, SoB, Necrons, BA
Could you imagine a 2++ grot protecting Ghaz, who appears to be about the size of a Redemptor? That would cause such a :cuss show.

WAAAGH!!! Tortoof, a WiP thread (updated: 10/12/20) ||| Order of the Penitent Saint: A Project Thread (updated: 6/7/2020)
[IG 2020]Index Imperialis: Order of the Penitent Saint // IA: Dune Vipers (WiP; updated: 10/17/19, v.1) // [IG 2020]Index Xenos: WAAAGH!!! Tortoof (WiP; updated: 5/10/2020)
ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_48988_15465_4633.pnggallery_48988_15738_35057.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.pnggallery_30308_9518_2576.jpggallery_48988_15094_2398.png
(click on the images to see my vows!)

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,731 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Could you imagine a 2++ grot protecting Ghaz, who appears to be about the size of a Redemptor? That would cause such a censored.gif show.

The way GW has been doing 8th ed rules so far, that is a good chance of that being the rules for new Ghaz. 

• nanosquid likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Could you imagine a 2++ grot protecting Ghaz, who appears to be about the size of a Redemptor? That would cause such a :cuss show.

Yeah, but Mikari would survive maybe 1 failed save.

Basically a Shadowfield with legs when you think about it.

Edited by Fulkes, 19 February 2020 - 10:11 PM.

• jeremy1391, Azekai and Panzer like this

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,124 posts
Makari but without Ghaz becomes meta, calling it now

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,041 posts

Makari but without Ghaz becomes meta, calling it now

I doubt you get one without the other.

Vic and Bob, Morecambe and Wise, the 2 Ronnie, Little and large, cannon and ball, Laurel and Hardy, Ghaz and Makari, Skinner and Baddiel.

Neither works without the other... especially Baddiel 😂
Hidden Content

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
Think he’ll be like the victrix guard or dark disciples. You get him in a free slot with ghaz?

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

A shame he's a Goff, 

Yea with his black nail varnish and his Goffik Rok muzic...

goffrokkers1.jpg

• Celtic_cauldron, Fulkes, Loquille and 1 other like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Think he’ll be like the victrix guard or dark disciples. You get him in a free slot with ghaz?

More like an Ammo Runt, Grot Oiler or a Ferensian Wolf character upgrade.

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,648 posts
  • Faction: Orks!
It might be a sign of my descent into old age and the inevitable clutches of lameness, but I find the focus on Makari to be utterly charming and hope it continues for as long as possible.
  • Felix Antipodes, Warbringer, Akylas and 2 others like this

gallery_23421_16101_14266.png

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

It might be a sign of my descent into old age and the inevitable clutches of lameness, but I find the focus on Makari to be utterly charming and hope it continues for as long as possible.

I'm amused by it, but I'm a little sad they didn't give us a version of Ghaz with him standing atop Ghaz's shoulders.

• Magos Takatus likes this

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,279 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Thousand Sons Supreme Command Detactment: "Allow us to introduce ourselves, We're going to end this Grot's entire career"

Serious though, very funny. The very embodiment of the annoying cheerleader and I personally look forward to seeing how long Makari can stay alive with a 2++.

Though, still find it comical to think, he could sit on an objective IN FRONT of an entire army and could have a real shot at surviving!

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

SpiritFox22

SpiritFox22

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
All I know is I'm wasting a CP and 100pts to bring a vindicare every game I play against my buddies Orks to snipe Makari.

Mostly because I know otherwise hes gonna wipe 20% of my army because I'll forget he exists and get shanked.

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

All I want to happen, just once, is someone charging in their smash captain into Makari without knowing his stats.  Makari proceeds to tank every single blow and deals some MWs in return, making the SM player real worried his captain is going to get killed by this lowly grot next turn.

• Warbringer and SpiritFox22 like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I want Makari survive a Knight stomping on him. :D 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus
I'm still wondering if there's still mileage in the rumours this will be a 'battle-in-a-box' set (Orks v Wolves), a la Shadowspear, followed by a wave that includes Ghaz. Indicators for this:
- Ghaz's reveal, focusing on Makari, echoes the way Abby was teased, focusing on the dead Primaris Lt on his Base
- Abby was part of a Chaos Wave that was preceded by Shadowspear
- That wave came out March/April last year, so that would fit in with the rumoured time line for this.

However, going against this are the following:
- Shadowspear had already been announced by this time last year (at Adepticon, iirc)
- There's been no announcement of a battle box set for this
- At past year's toy fair (upcoming this weekend) the announcements were for games with figures that went on to be part of Blackstone Fortress - no announcements tied to Shadowspear or the Chaos release. So I think it's unlikely we'll see anything on PA6 this weekend.

So I'm still on the fence whether this means just the book and a couple of new figures (Ghaz and a Wolf(???)), or a battle box set.

I don't collect either Orks or Wolves, but it'd be cool to see certain Ork units get an update (Mega Nobz; Kommandos), and obviously proper Primaris Wolves, with cc weapon options, would be fantastic. We can but hope..!
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Yes! 2+ invul!

That is unless he and Ghaz deploy as a single unit.
Then you could shuffle high damage weapons onto him without any problems and would effectively let Ghaz break the targetable-character wound cap without pushing his actual wound count past that limit.

If they do that with Gaz...after how they butchered the rules for poor Celestine, I will have some strong words to share with Gdub.

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,202 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant
Ah yes but Adepticon is 25th March so we have time, unless it was announced at a different event? They did tease a huge announcement there, does a battle box fit the bill though?
gallery_3547_15792_6078.pnggallery_3547_15435_7258.pnggallery_3547_15792_4794.png

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,041 posts
Bar sisters there hasn't been a major 40k release or box for a while. Ad mech April and presumably 9th later this year?...

I can cope with the slow tease, greater good is barely 5 days released!
  • Dark Shepherd and SufficientAnonymity like this
Hidden Content

firestorm40k

firestorm40k

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,083 posts
  • Faction: Legion of Taurus

Ah yes but Adepticon is 25th March so we have time, unless it was announced at a different event? They did tease a huge announcement there, does a battle box fit the bill though?

Ah yes - I think it was the Las Vegas Open then (that took place in January) - that's the one I meant.
My Chaos Marine project log, the (infamous!) Legion of Taurus: http://www.bolterand...arine-army-log/

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,963 posts

Odds are pa6 will be out well before adepticon
banana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users