Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Psychic Awakening 6 - Saga of the Beast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

I've been saying for a while a character should die during Prmaris surgery, otherwise the whole thing about it being risky is pointless. Do you think Grimnar dyimg to it and being replaced with Blackmane would be too anticlimactic a way for the old man to go out?

Technically -everyone- dies during the upgrade process. It's just a roll of the die if they can unkill you during the process.

Edited by Fulkes, 25 February 2020 - 12:24 PM.

• Panzer likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts

I've been saying for a while a character should die during Prmaris surgery, otherwise the whole thing about it being risky is pointless. Do you think Grimnar dyimg to it and being replaced with Blackmane would be too anticlimactic a way for the old man to go out?

He also has a big aul plastic model they still want to sell, itd be like them killing off Ghaz in 3 or 4 years

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 843 posts

Do Marines HAVE to be wounded before going primaris?

Cant ragnar just think "I wanna get next level jacked!" and start juicing?

Calgar was the first to undergo the process. He did it largely to prove it could be done. There wasn't any pressing health issue.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,098 posts

Do Marines HAVE to be wounded before going primaris?

Cant ragnar just think "I wanna get next level jacked!" and start juicing?

Calgar was the first to undergo the process. He did it largely to prove it could be done. There wasn't any pressing health issue.

Besides the DA guy, who had an actual health issue as reason? Most were just like "I wanna get bigger need to be my best to fulfill my duty and stuff."

It would rather make sense to primarize that guy before the book. The purpose of these books (for Astartes) is to introduce/showcase primaris. Heck, the cover artworks of the PA with BA and DA consisted solely of the new primaris characters. Having created said character in a footnote of the afterword wouldn't serve its purpose.

And why build up this overly epic duel (with 'Murica grade stories), when one contestant is only obviously set up to get pulped just to be upgraded after said duel, instead of the duel showcasing how awesome he is now and how we should all buy more primaris? Same with Calgar in Vigilus - upgraded just because he wanted it, then faced Abby to get pulped. If an injury is necessary to explain why that dude got upgraded, there can always be a buildup story before the book releases, like for the DA guy.

• RikuEru likes this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

OtherBarry

OtherBarry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Orkz

Anyone else think they don't know where Ragnar is because he is already getting the primaris treatment?

Primaris Ragnar very anti-climaticly fights to a stalemate against Ghaz.  Ghaz teleports away to the other side of the Galaxy.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 843 posts

And why build up this overly epic duel (with 'Murica grade stories), when one contestant is only obviously set up to get pulped just to be upgraded after said duel, instead of the duel showcasing how awesome he is now and how we should all buy more primaris? Same with Calgar in Vigilus - upgraded just because he wanted it, then faced Abby to get pulped. If an injury is necessary to explain why that dude got upgraded, there can always be a buildup story before the book releases, like for the DA guy.

Yeah, I had actually thought at the time that they should have used the Abaddon fight to explain Calgar going the Primaris route, but I changed my mind on that pretty quick - it actually made both characters look better to do it the way they did. Calgar voluntarily risked his life to undergo the Primaris treatment just to set an example and Abaddon nearly killed a Primarisized Calgar rather than a normie Calgar. Of course, Calgar was still outmatched and Abbie would have killed him anyway if the fight hadn't been interrupted, but the Primaris treatment explained why Calgar was able to hang with him longer than he would have as a firstborn and also allowed him to be injured past the point that should have killed him previously.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 846 posts

Ghaz teleports away to the other side of the Galaxy.

Hopefully, he ends up teleporting to Armageddon already and the 40k 8.5 boxset is set during the War for Armageddon 3.5/4 (did the 3rd war ever end?)
  • Ichar, SufficientAnonymity and OtherBarry like this

Hathor42

Hathor42

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 398 posts
What if ragnar beats ghaz and he runs. Ghaz seems to run alot under the disguise of "oh this fight is boring".

Marshal Valkenhayn

Marshal Valkenhayn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 452 posts
  • Faction: Daemons Of Khorne

Then I'll be annoyed as hell, because Ghaz is a much cooler character with a potentially significant part to play on a galactic scale, and Ragnar isn't even in the top 5 important wolf guys I can name off of the top of my head.

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts
We have to start looking at Ghaz v Ragnar in a pro wrestling light

Ghaz is the heel who will win in a cheaty way and maybe be disqualified but its used to set up future grudge matches

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Then I'll be annoyed as hell, because Ghaz is a much cooler character with a potentially significant part to play on a galactic scale, and Ragnar isn't even in the top 5 important wolf guys I can name off of the top of my head.

I'm no fan of Ragnar, I find him overconfident and immature. However he is important to the SWs. If I was to put them in order it would be Russ, Bjorn, Logan, Ragnar, Ulrik.

Ragnar was rumored in early editions to take over as Great Wolf once Logan died. He has made a name for himself despite his age and is one of two Wolf Lords that have a dedicated model, the other being Logan. Every other wolf Lord has a kitbash or a non-dedicated model that can be used for him (Harald Deathwolf).

Should Ragnar be able to beat a Beast in a head-on attack? No. Ragnar thing is luck, and with any luck he will survive a direct attack and that is all. Nothing short of a Primarch can stop a Prime-Ork. Much like gathering storms we may see a Primarch come to deal with this threat

Edited by Jarl Caldersson, 25 February 2020 - 09:34 PM.

• PeteySödes and Black Blow Fly like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts
  • Faction: Agamemnos PDF; Space Badgers
Ya know, Tycho was once gonna be the next big thing until he got “orked”....
  • Jarl Caldersson and Spinsanity like this

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

gallery_29004_6198_4761.pnggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts

I dunno man. Ragnar is old school. He’s one of the original wolves along with Bjorn, Ulrik and Njal. Yeah, Logan has always been in the lore, but I remember having Ragnar way back in 2nd edition when the cannon wasn’t really solid.

I’m not saying Ragnar is the baddest fighter in the galaxy, or that he deserves to beat ghaz, but he predates a lot If others and has always been noted as an amazing character. I’m cool with whatever G-dubs decides. It’s their IP anyway
  • RikuEru likes this

OtherBarry

OtherBarry

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15 posts
  • Faction: Orkz

I dunno man. Ragnar is old school. He’s one of the original wolves along with Bjorn, Ulrik and Njal. Yeah, Logan has always been in the lore, but I remember having Ragnar way back in 2nd edition when the cannon wasn’t really solid.

I’m not saying Ragnar is the baddest fighter in the galaxy, or that he deserves to beat ghaz, but he predates a lot If others and has always been noted as an amazing character. I’m cool with whatever G-dubs decides. It’s their IP anyway

Which is all ironic because what makes him 'cool' in the lore is that he's so young.

• RikuEru likes this

Cyrox

Cyrox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,128 posts

Ragnar’s thing is luck?!

Nah man, you need to read some of the second edition lore, he is the most important Space Wolf outside of Grimnar himself, and he is naturally skilled.

luck doesn’t get you in the Wolf Guard straight from the Blood Claws 

Amyways, I’m excited to see how he fits in to the wider story arc 

• RikuEru likes this

"I remember when Ragnar Blackmane had blond hair and this was aaaallll fields....."

gallery_60566_6038_4617.gif tn_gallery_60566_6038_42067.jpg gallery_60566_6038_1993.gif

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts

Ragnar was rumored in early editions to take over as Great Wolf once Logan died. He has made a name for himself despite his age and is one of two Wolf Lords that have a dedicated model, the other being Logan. Every other wolf Lord has a kitbash or a non-dedicated model that can be used for him (Harald Deathwolf).

Krom gives you the evil eye :)
  • Bryan Blaire and RikuEru like this

tangoalphatwo

tangoalphatwo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 409 posts
I stopped playing sometime around the beginning of 3rd and only got back into it in 8th. He was the first character I ever purchased (in the space wolves battle force) So Ragnar holds a special place for me

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,599 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Krom Dragongaze also has a dedicated model.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 25 February 2020 - 11:27 PM.

• RikuEru likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

=][= Seems news has run dry. Report this post when information becomes available for the thread to be reopened. =][=

Edited by NTaW, 25 February 2020 - 11:29 PM.

• Juggernut likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users