What do you think is missing from CSM?

Iron_Within

Jump pack/bike HQs- especially support (Apostle, Exalted Champ)

I personally want Cataphractiis and sone Chaos take on a razorback. Twin autocannon is fine.

Dreadclaw/Stormeagle style unit in plastic.

Dedicated AA units. FW makes some, mind.

LR variants/bigger capacity transports in general. CSM can take big squads, but this is a shooty edition. Big squads on foot= expensive paste.

Some kind of heavier tank. Loyalists are quick response/shock assault, means lighter tanks. Chaos descends from "super soldier slugfest", so heavier armor fits.

More daemon engines in more variety.

Edit: Option to give chosen jump packs or bikez, and an invulnerable save.

Edited by BrainFireBob

Chaos Primaris.

Some kind of mono-faction bonus rules like doctrines.

I would also like to have seen some sort of ''build your own warband'' rules like most of the other main factions got. (I think the only other armies that didn't get those rules are subfactions like Grey Knights or Dark Angels.) I doubt it would be top tier, but it would be nice to make your own force.

Multi-part Obliterator/Mutilator, Venomcrawler and Greater Possessed kits. Updated Possessed and Bikers boxes. An actual Chosen kit.

We know there'll be an updated Berzerker and Noise Marine kits, it's just a matter of "when"

Drop pods

The missing super heavy tanks

Affordable(pointswise) super heavy tanks

Terminator variants (like Tyrants)

The missing Sicarian Tanks

Doctrines or at least army wide abilities to make up for not having them

1. Chosen kit

2. legion-specific upgrade kits

3. either dedicated CSM Rhino/Pred/LR kits, or improved upgrade kits for each (e.g. plastic CSM vehicle extra armour)

4. actual dread kit instead of the jort-wearing daemon engine helbrute

5. actual flyers (ie piloted vehicles) rather than the helturkey

1. Chosen kit
2. legion-specific upgrade kits
3. either dedicated CSM Rhino/Pred/LR kits, or improved upgrade kits for each (e.g. plastic CSM vehicle extra armour)
4. actual dread kit instead of the jort-wearing daemon engine helbrute
5. actual flyers (ie piloted vehicles) rather than the helturkey

4 is screwed in that while they very much exist in lore and art, the models are now the fleshy crimes against good taste

5 is still trapped in FW limbo.

We deserve 1, 2, and 3, but it needs GW to treat CSM as anything but a second stringer that you need to bludgeon them to even release the troop sets for.

Edited by Lucerne

I'm fine with the fleshy hellbrute, but it should really have a 5+ invulnerable like all the other similarly fleshy models such as obliterators and forge and mauler fiends.

Honestly, the helbrute design just...doesn't work as a standard CSM dreadnought at all. It should be its own unit entirely since even within the context of CSM lore and design elements, it doesn't match some of the most notable examples.

Call it the "Helbrute Daemonvessel" or something and go wild with the extra gribblies.

Edited by Lucerne

I just happened to see this topic^^, and while not being a CSM player, i think that, even before speaking about new CSM kits, GW could provide 40K players with rules for many Chaos units that already exist.

1 - The Slaugtherbrute (I think it would be quite a good pet for CSM lords...you could also assemble it like a Mutalith, but without the Vortex on it.^^)

=> https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Slaughterbrute

2 - The MindstealerSphiranx (Mostly for Slaanesh oriented armies, a.k.a Emperor's Childrens)

=> https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warcry-Mindstealer-Sphiranx-2020

3 - The Blackstone fortress "lost and damned" units, transforming the dull "cultists" unit of the CSM codex into something better by adding more options, like adding a Rogue Psyker, a Chaos Ogryn, and/or a Traitor Commissar, each of these specific models providing boosts for the "cultist" unit.

=> https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blackstone-Fortress-Servants-of-The-Abyss-2019

=> https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blackstone-Fortress-Traitor-Command-EN-2019

=> https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Blackstone-Fortress-Cultists-of-The-Abyss-2019

(As for the Ogroid Myrmidon, i believe that it would make a great Deamon Prince of Khorne...or Slaanesh, if given a 60mm base. The Corpse Grinder Cult Gang also provide some interresting Khorne or Slaanesh cultists, and if you wonder how i imagine this unit being a Slaanesh one, just imagine them as cannibalistic psychopaths, on the same note as the Corpus Brethren renegade chapter.)

Like my comment shows it, there are many Chaos Units that only wait to have proper rules to be used properly into the 40K Game.