Flight Plan (Warhammer Community)

It looks pretty identical to a Marauder Vigilant though (unless I'm missing something?), so I'm thinking I'll paint one up as an AWACs-style bird instead.

*Googles "40k Marauder Vigilant"* Yeah, they do look very similar.  I think the differences will be if it has a large bomb modelled on the underside like the previous version, although obviously you could file that down or use the standard bomb bay doors for your AWACS plane. :) :smile.:

Unless it's resin of course, then they can go hang :dry.:

Don't give them ideas! :tongue.: I too dislike resin, so hopefully it's the missing "C" sprue from the Marauder kit ... :)

So...

According to initial plans, they had 5 factions in the works. We've seem Imperials (perhaps this counts as 2?), Orks, and Tau.

Eldar and Chaos still in 2021?

Really hoping we see Chaos 2021. I really wanna get in this game but just not a fan of the present three factions

I wonder if they’d do a Chaos vs Eldar box two bring them both in.

Well we're on pace for a new box set sometime in 2021, although they surely have to flesh out the Tau range first (I'm still surprised we haven't seen anything Tau related since Taros dropped - I want my Remoras already!). We're also conspicuously missing the classic Lightning fighter (and Aquillas too, come to think of it), so I wouldn't be surprised if we actually got a third Imperial vs X box after this with those, as they'll be a big seller. Maybe Imp/Space Marine vs Chaos, and then Eldar vs DE after that or something, but that's just baseless speculation on my part. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Update: No Flight Plan posted in February, March, or April. Technically, none in May either, though we did get the announcement of the next boxed set (Astartes vs. Craftworlders).

Also, neither aircraft mentioned in the last two Flight Plans have appeared to date. That being T'au Remoras and the Marauder Colossus.

Also, neither aircraft mentioned in the last two Flight Plans have appeared to date. That being T'au Remoras and the Marauder Colossus.

I think they heard you: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/30/sunday-preview-warhammer-skulls-adepta-sororitas-pre-orders-and-that-crab-you-love/ :laugh.:

Both are available Friday, so Forgeworld resin, I assume.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

We're also getting the Marauder Pathfinder, which I assume is some kind of recon plane like the Marauder Vigilant from 1st Edition AI?

ijYk2KQaHM1bdQ5s.jpg

I'm guessing at least £30.00-35.00 for the new Marauder variants as they look like resin/plastic conversion kits.

I have a bad feeling about the cost of the Remora given you only get two tiny aircraft...

Edited by Beaky Brigade

Not bad. It's annoying there isn't a rules preview for the Pathfinder, but I'm sure it will filter out eventually. If I do pick up the new aircraft I will probably find someone to swap with or go halves with so I have one each.

I thought the Pathfinder might buff bombing from its name, but from the limited WHC copy my new (soon to be wrong) theory is that it will let you change manoeuvre tokens or view the enemy manoeuvre tokens...

The actual model seems more kitted out as a spy plane than an AWACS platform though.

55 bux for a 2 model kit with an extra sprue seems a bit steep. Admittedly you're probably only going to buy 1.

Tbh I'm happy just chugging along with the starter sets. Was surprised with the FW news email this morning stating on going support for the game. Hoepfully the hitaus was just covid related.

It's annoying there isn't a rules preview for the Pathfinder, but I'm sure it will filter out eventually. 

Yes, it's very disappointing they didn't give a bit more detail as to what it does. :sad.:

If I do pick up the new aircraft I will probably find someone to swap with or go halves with so I have one each.

Honestly, I'm surprised/disappointed they didn't do it as a mixed box (get 1 of each), as you're unlikely to want more than 1 unless you're trying to sink Da Turrpitz. :tongue.:

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

If I do pick up the new aircraft I will probably find someone to swap with or go halves with so I have one each.

Honestly, I'm surprised/disappointed they didn't do it as a mixed box (get 1 of each), as you're unlikely to want more than 1 unless you're trying to sink Da Turrpitz. :tongue.:

Yeah I think that's an accountant decision right there. Why sell one box when you can sell two, regardless of the actual need ;)

Not bad. It's annoying there isn't a rules preview for the Pathfinder, but I'm sure it will filter out eventually. If I do pick up the new aircraft I will probably find someone to swap with or go halves with so I have one each.

I thought the Pathfinder might buff bombing from its name, but from the limited WHC copy my new (soon to be wrong) theory is that it will let you change manoeuvre tokens or view the enemy manoeuvre tokens...

The actual model seems more kitted out as a spy plane than an AWACS platform though.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly.

The name change from Valiant to Pathfinder is confusing as well, if it retains the Valiant's role (and model).

Also, having a Marauder AWACS without replacing the T-tail with a radome would be criminal.

The colossus is a clear downgrade from the standard marauder, for more points, so the choice not to buy it is straightforward.

The pathfinder is potentially more interesting, though it’s awkward that we’ve got no idea what it does. If I did get a set I think I’d build the second one as a standard marauder abs sell on the spare resin bits.

The colossus is a clear downgrade from the standard marauder, for more points...

It is indeed a solution in search of a problem.

I've found myself wishing I could access the internal discussion on AI and it's rules design. I sometimes suspect that after the initial boxed set, the game was handed off to a pair of antagonistic interns.

Someone has posted what the Pathfinder does on the FB group:

Tactical Command: When a Marauder Pathfinder is activated in the Movement phase, the controlling player may choose a friendly aircraft within 3 hexes of the Pathfinder that has yet to move this round. The player may discard that aircraft's Manouver token and immeidately choose another Ace Manouver, placing it face down next to the aircraft as normal.

No details about points value or full stats yet, but I would assume it is just a Marauder with no dorsal guns and no built in bombs.

3 Hexes seems quite a conservative distance to me, especially as I play on larger AoE than the paper maps, but I suppose if you've got bombers in close formation it might be useful? Overall it seems this and the Colossus are flavour aircraft rather than trying to shake up Imperial tactics or lists.

I guess you could hover it over a dogfight raging at low level and give you the ability without much fear of attack.

Edited by Beaky Brigade

Marauder Pathfinder - has name implying it marks targets for bomber formations, carries a targeting pod on the ventral-side only; gives benefits for air-to-air combat...

How about:

Chaff Corridor - Any hexes passed through when the Level Flight maneuver is chosen are filled with sensor defeating chaff, at the altitude of the Pathfinder. Shots against aircraft in the Chaff Corridor are taken at a -1 to hit.

Precision Targeting - The Pathfinders' finely-tuned targeting pod allows friendly aircraft within 3 hexes to re-roll 1s when rolling to hit and damage ground targets.